The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

107234700_73c2896fc5.jpg

For all you aussies:wub2

:wub2: nice... Thank you!!

I know right. I'm going to raise hell when she gets back here.

Aww. That is sad. :tears

But yay for icypoles...hehe

No. There's only about 10 people and they're all already there. Plus it's about half an hour to get from here to there, so I'd hate to ask someone to drive for an hour just so I could get there.

I was going to take a taxi but then I realised that I don't have any cash.

Whoever's got the joystick up there is having a lot of fun, making my life miserable by taking away every single one of my options tonight. :mf_rosetinted

You do that (And youtubeit)

It is sad. MM just said a few of theirs got admitted to hospital today for dehydration.

Yep Yae for icypoles! MM also said they've been dropping off icy poles at alot of their clients places now. All thanks to my fetish. :naughty:

aww, sucky. I'm sure the gamer upstairs has better plans for you.

If only Teegs was here *sighs*

Dad just got home, a little while after we were out. So now we have to convince him to drive to the hub and even then we have to wait for them to freeze.

Even though Dad is slightly against the idea of me getting a new car (especially since we have to keep my one until it gets fixed anyways, or convince the insurance of the guy to call it not worth repairing), with having no mobility at the moment, I want one. So I'm going to get one I think

I like your car, but I think something's trying to tell you it's time for you to get a new one..

And thank god for icy poles in that case.

There was a story about a guy who walked 30 minutes from his house to where he keeps his car... wearing a jumper :shocked:

The ambos gave him a little bit of a talking to when they treated him for dehydration

It's insane.

*buys a pocahontas outfit just for the occasion*

*would rain dance but its far too hot*

:( I'm looking outside and there's no rain clouds yet.

Possibly. But thankfully the forecast has changed to a cool 46 degrees. :naughty

The site that I'm using for the forecasts only shows the temperature up until next Friday and every day between now and then will be 40 or above. :blink:

ewww.. Our next 3 days are supposed to be under 40.. Maybe some rain. You might need to consider a daytrip somewhere cooler.

And jaffa jet stream zooperdoopers taste funky.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biance's getting a uke. Yae

They'll be sold out. Naturally.

*hates you and everyone else who said it* (aka, you and SD)

I dunno. I actually found myself beginning to sort of like it by the end :shocked:

*tells self to snap out of it and that math is horrid*

Snap out of it! Math is horrid!

I actually do like doing calculations and solving equations, I love the feeling of triumph when you get the answer. But at the same time, math is SO ****ING POINTLESS, that it's probably more depressing than it is satisfying.

*saw them live*

Yaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhh! JEALOUS! :naughty:

And also, can you please tell your beloved Coldplay to not charge ridiculous amount for seats behind their back, sheesh. I can not afford that.

I'm supposed to be at an end-of-exams small party full of awesome people...but my frigging mother frigging FORGOT to pick me up...!! So now I am stuck at home, alone, with cold leftovers and not even a cat for company because she buggered off somewhere... And this is probably the last chance I would've had to go out until God knows when, seeing as I work every weekend and transportation is a f*cking joke over here...AND she made me miss the last party for her dumb reasons, and I DON'T EVEN GO TO PARTIES! The two times when I've actually WANTED to go I haven't been able to! BAAAHHH!

ARGH! That sucks! But you know you're having a better time here with us, right? :das:

To lessen my depression that Ukelele Selling Guy has dissappeared off the face of the earth I bought a new top and pair of jeans today, totally both below half price, very good bargain.

IMG_0729.jpg

While waiting at the bus stop a bogan went around asking everyone if they could spare $3.80 so he could go home. Whenever homeless people ask if I have any money I always say no, like every one does. And then I spend the rest of the day feeling guilty about not giving them anything. So I always think "It's okay, I'll give the next hobo I see some money :cheerful_h4h:", but then I don't again. So I saw bogan-man approaching, stopping to plead every bus goer for some change, and made up my mind that I would give him $2. Just because if I was in his position I would be so highly gratefull of anyone giving me anything at all (though I would probably also disinfect myself thuroughly and burn my clothes). So then when it was my turn I took out my wallet and gave him $2, blatantly failing to hide that I had a wallet full of easily his entire fare of $3.80, but come on, my day ticket isn't even $3.80, I'm not spending more on this stranger's ticket than my own, sheesh, someone else can give him $1.80. And then I stood there, after being graciously thanked, wondering if I had done the right thing, should I have given him his full fare? As if anyone else is going to give him $1.80 now. Crap, what is he going to do if he can't get the $1.80? Is he going to run off with my $2? Bastard! I can't even afford spending $2! I have no job! Sheesh, and now I'm just paying more to stupid Transperth, I already gave them $3 for my day ticket, and ANOTHER $2 for my parking in Rockingham. Wait. OMFG I SO TOTALLY FORGOT TO BUY A PARKING TICKET IN ROCKINGHAM! ****! Omg, they've halved the amount of pay parking, and all those parking inspectors DO is walk around the carpark all day, they would TOTALLY have spotted my car that has been there all day. **** **** ****. I can't afford a parking ticket! And I wasn't even trying to evade paying for a ticket! I ALWAYS buy a ticket, I ALWAYS arrive at peak time every day when there are no free spaces, and it is so much my routine to buy a ticket that I leave my Smartrider card in the tray inbetween the two seats when I get back in the car so I can take it out easily to buy my ticket the next morning. It is not my fault that I haven't used public transport in 2 months so I totally lost all sense of routine! So well, there was nothing I could do, so I got on the bus home, and worried. When I got there I walked accross the car park and noticed the parking inspector having a loud argument with a man, two cars down from mine. The man was wailing about angrily and the parking inspector was angrily brandishing a small piece of paper. I started full out panicking about what direction he had been going through the car park, and tried to inconspicuously make it to my car while he was distracted. I did make it. To my gloriously un-ticketed car. Oh my god. I can't believe my car sat in that carpark with no ticket amongst only 30 other cars armed with 3 separate parking inspectors for 6 hours without being spotted. I KNOW this was only because I gave that strange bogan my $2. *worships karma* :bow:

Edited by Oakie Doke

I like your car, but I think something's trying to tell you it's time for you to get a new one..

It's insane.

:( I'm looking outside and there's no rain clouds yet.

ewww.. Our next 3 days are supposed to be under 40.. Maybe some rain. You might need to consider a daytrip somewhere cooler.

I think something has been for a while and I've been trying to hold on to it.

By April (time my regos up) I plan to have a new car

Yay for under 40.

And they do. I gave mine to the others in the "flavours I don't like".

We ran out of zooper doopers and they were sold out everywhere. we had to get some weird fruit smoothie like ones instead... which still aren't fozen :shocked:

Ooooh good thing mine wasn't or that bogan wouldn't have asked me for money and I would have had to pay my parking fine :naughty:

Nice reasoning there

To lessen my depression that Ukelele Selling Guy has dissappeared off the face of the earth I bought a new top and pair of jeans today, totally both below half price, very good bargain.

IMG_0729.jpg

Oh damn! I feel bad and responsible for his absence now. :naughty:

Nice purchases!

I KNOW this was only because I gave that strange bogan my $2. *worships karma* :bow:

Aww...I go through the same thought process. 'Cept of course, had I returned to my car, I'd have a ticket and I'd be thinking my bad karma was because I didn't give the bogan the full fare. *insert naughty smiley here since I'm on stupid-computer-that-doesn't-let-me-use-smileys-or-change-my-font*

To the Aussies experiencing extreme heat - yuck. I'm trying to think if I'd exchange it for minus 30 degrees....I wear a scarf and socks to bed. My body was genetically made for tropical weather. So that's a toughie. *insert blink smiley here*

We ran out of zooper doopers and they were sold out everywhere. we had to get some weird fruit smoothie like ones instead... which still aren't fozen

Oooh, I forgot to look for them.

Oh damn! I feel bad and responsible for his absence now. :naughty:

Nice purchases!

AS YOU SHOULD! :naughty: All the other stalls were identical, but intrument man was absent completely :crybaby: There was someone selling purses made of kangaroo scrotums in his place. I do not want a kangaroo scrotum purse thankyouverymuch, I want a ukelele!

Aww...I go through the same thought process. 'Cept of course, had I returned to my car, I'd have a ticket and I'd be thinking my bad karma was because I didn't give the bogan the full fare. :naughty:

Hahahahaha, Don't put it that way! It was definately good karma! (I would have thought the exact same thing, and probably come back here and ranted about how stupid karma is) :naughty:

To the Aussies experiencing extreme heat - yuck. I'm trying to think if I'd exchange it for minus 30 degrees....I wear a scarf and socks to bed. My body was genetically made for tropical weather. So that's a toughie. *insert blink smiley here*

I wouldn't trade you... but if we give you 15 degrees that'll bring you to -15 and us to a much nicer 25 :bleh:

I'd change that to a likely :das: The Kooks love touring! And the Kooks do not take 4 years to record an album :naughty:

They took 5 months to release Konk from when they stopped touring, so going by Konk the new album should be out in June, and they visited us in August when Konk came out in April, so they should be back in Australia touring the new album by October. But that was their very first time in Australia, and having already been back twice in four months they'd probably make it back here sooner than that. Oh my god, I love the Kooks :naughty:

Good point...

Neither do most other bands... They probably had the album written before they went into the studio...

Vinyl sounds shiny!! The book would be good too, but what book?? What if it's the one we have already? I couldn't imagine them doing a new one already. *shrug*

I dunno what kind of book, but it comes with a book...

It's here...

Actually the 70s were pretty dire for a long time - awful disco songs and novelty one hit wonders. :thumbdown:

Novelty 80's song...

Some of us Aussies may recognise this song...

Dial 9!!!!!!

If only Teegs was here *sighs*

*hides in locked cupboard*

And not in a good way...

I must get some at work...

IMG_0729.jpg

While waiting at the bus stop a bogan went around asking everyone if they could spare $3.80 so he could go home. Whenever homeless people ask if I have any money I always say no, like every one does. And then I spend the rest of the day feeling guilty about not giving them anything. So I always think "It's okay, I'll give the next hobo I see some money :cheerful_h4h:", but then I don't again. So I saw bogan-man approaching, stopping to plead every bus goer for some change, and made up my mind that I would give him $2. Just because if I was in his position I would be so highly gratefull of anyone giving me anything at all (though I would probably also disinfect myself thuroughly and burn my clothes). So then when it was my turn I took out my wallet and gave him $2, blatantly failing to hide that I had a wallet full of easily his entire fare of $3.80, but come on, my day ticket isn't even $3.80, I'm not spending more on this stranger's ticket than my own, sheesh, someone else can give him $1.80. And then I stood there, after being graciously thanked, wondering if I had done the right thing, should I have given him his full fare? As if anyone else is going to give him $1.80 now. Crap, what is he going to do if he can't get the $1.80? Is he going to run off with my $2? Bastard! I can't even afford spending $2! I have no job! Sheesh, and now I'm just paying more to stupid Transperth, I already gave them $3 for my day ticket, and ANOTHER $2 for my parking in Rockingham. Wait. OMFG I SO TOTALLY FORGOT TO BUY A PARKING TICKET IN ROCKINGHAM! ****! Omg, they've halved the amount of pay parking, and all those parking inspectors DO is walk around the carpark all day, they would TOTALLY have spotted my car that has been there all day. **** **** ****. I can't afford a parking ticket! And I wasn't even trying to evade paying for a ticket! I ALWAYS buy a ticket, I ALWAYS arrive at peak time every day when there are no free spaces, and it is so much my routine to buy a ticket that I leave my Smartrider card in the tray inbetween the two seats when I get back in the car so I can take it out easily to buy my ticket the next morning. It is not my fault that I haven't used public transport in 2 months so I totally lost all sense of routine! So well, there was nothing I could do, so I got on the bus home, and worried. When I got there I walked accross the car park and noticed the parking inspector having a loud argument with a man, two cars down from mine. The man was wailing about angrily and the parking inspector was angrily brandishing a small piece of paper. I started full out panicking about what direction he had been going through the car park, and tried to inconspicuously make it to my car while he was distracted. I did make it. To my gloriously un-ticketed car. Oh my god. I can't believe my car sat in that carpark with no ticket amongst only 30 other cars armed with 3 separate parking inspectors for 6 hours without being spotted. I KNOW this was only because I gave that strange bogan my $2. *worships karma*

Nice buys there...

And karma works well for you... so will you be like Earl on "My Name Is Earl"?

There was someone selling purses made of kangaroo scrotums in his place.

Speaking of...

IMG_0723.jpg

Just for you Bianca...

Haha Teegs ... I KNEW it was gonna be Shaddup Your Face , even before I clicked on it ... TP !! :naughty: I've met Joe Dolce .. hehe , noice bloke !

Newcastle Song is well remembered by me ... funny !!

Tell Zo-Zo that I loved her vlog btw ! :roftl::thumb_yello:

EDIT: Eeeeewww at Kanga scrotum novelties ... :no:

It's a a good song... I really liked the Newcastle Song personally... I tried looking for rack Off Normie, but it's nowhere to be found... Damn.

Will do!

They're gross... why someone would want kangaroo balls for a purse or bottle opener or anything like that is beyond me... that and I'm sure the poor roo they took them off would like them back.. but it does put a whole new meaning to having someone's balls in your handbag :naughty:

OKD ... bad luck about ukelele guy ... :tears:

Try music shops or find out how to contact him or google ukeleles in Australia/Perth ?? :smth:

No, he it was just a random stall selling unique musical instruments. I will go to the music shops in the area tomorrow :tears:

IMG_0723.jpg

Just for you Bianca...

Awwwww! My arm is still blue from the excessive sweat from strangers/me that ripped the dye from my watch and stained it onto my arm :wub2:

The other thing I forgot to talk about in detail (thanks Bec :naughty:), I started reading Twilight! Actually I started last night (hence my earlier than normal departure), and then I read it on the bus to and from Fremantle (like two and a half hours). I just read the first chapter last night, and I was unprepared for how hilarious the book became after that. It was slightly embarrassing trying to hide my continual laughter from the entire bus. Jeez Louise. They cast that Rpattz well, didn't they? :lmfao:

The constant descriptions of how ridiculously good looking he is totally crack me up.

"Edward was standing at the foot of my bed, smirking. I glared at him. It wasn't easy - it would have been more natural to ogle." :lmfao: :lmfao:

Edited by Oakie Doke

Awwwww! My arm is still blue from the excessive sweat from strangers/me that ripped the dye from my watch and stained it onto my arm :wub2:

Sure is... I didn't even notice that till you just said it...

The other thing I forgot to talk about in detail (thanks Bec :naughty:), I started reading Twilight! Actually I started last night (hence my earlier than normal departure), and then I read it on the bus to and from Fremantle (like two and a half hours). I just read the first chapter last night, and I was unprepared for how hilarious the book became after that. It was slightly embarrassing trying to hide my continual laughter from the entire bus. Jeez Louise. They cast that Rpattz well, didn't they? :lmfao:

The constant descriptions of how ridiculously good looking he is totally crack me up.

"Edward was standing at the foot of my bed, smirking. I glared at him. It wasn't easy - it would have been more natural to ogle." :lmfao: :lmfao:

You would think a teenager wrote it, rather than a grown woman... geez...

Admittedly, it's a good book to read if you don't want to think, but still...

No, he it was just a random stall selling unique musical instruments. I will go to the music shops in the area tomorrow :tears:

Ukes are very common ... I'm sure you'll find one ... & remember 'Mahala' is a good brand ... yet still cheap ... like i said , I got mine for $30 ...

BTW ... I forgot to mention ... you'll prob. need to also buy a tuner ... :aah:

Mine is 'BOSS' brand, metronome & tuner & is battery operated ... BUT you will need the shop person to show you how to use it ... it's easy, but you'll still need a lesson ... I can't remember ... I think it was about $30 or $40 ... !

You'll find that to begin with, the uke slips out of tune easily ... but the more you handle it , the more you 'oil' up the strings & then it starts to grip & stay in tune ... :thumb_yello:

You would think a teenager wrote it, rather than a grown woman... geez...

Admittedly, it's a good book to read if you don't want to think, but still...

Hahahaha so funny you say that because I actually JUST asked Petra how old the author is :naughty: I thought it sounded like a teenager, creepy, but still funny :naughty:

Ukes are very common ... I'm sure you'll find one ... & remember 'Mahala' is a good brand ... yet still cheap ... like i said , I got mine for $30 ...

BTW ... I forgot to mention ... you'll prob. need to also buy a tuner ... :aah:

Mine is 'BOSS' brand, metronome & tuner & is battery operated ... BUT you will need the shop person to show you how to use it ... it's easy, but you'll still need a lesson ... I can't remember ... I think it was about $30 or $40 ... !

You'll find that to begin with, the uke slips out of tune easily ... but the more you handle it , the more you 'oil' up the strings & then it starts to grip & stay in tune ... :thumb_yello:

Hmmm, okay. But I think I'll pass on the tuner :naughty: I doubt I will play it for long enough or to a high enough standard for that to be a worthy investment, I'll just guess :naughty:

Hahahaha so funny you say that because I actually JUST asked Petra how old the author is :naughty: I thought it sounded like a teenager, creepy, but still funny :naughty:

Hmmm, okay. But I think I'll pass on the tuner :naughty: I doubt I will play it for long enough or to a high enough standard for that to be a worthy investment, I'll just guess :naughty:

:shocked: ...well, maybe not just now then ... but trust me, it'll sound like **** if it is out of tune ... we didn't buy one at first, & a uke playing friend of ours convinced us to get one ... makes ALL the difference ! :thumb_yello:

EDIT: Wait ... you can use your keyboard in the meantime ... you just need to know the four notes ... *which I've currently forgotten* :blush:

Edited by happikali