The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Aussies! Hope you all are well.

I'm invading your thread to make sure you saw this story. I thought it was freakin' cute. :tears

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-koala11-2009feb11,0,5477507.story

Awwww .... thank you Mana :huglove: ....

your koala link reminded me of smth. I received the other day .... :wub2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: HEAT in South Australia

It has been so hot in South Australia for over a week…40+ degrees Celsius everyday, very dry also.

This is from a guy who works in WA but lives at Maude in SA.

His wife sent him these photos of a little Koala which just walked into the back porch looking for a bit of heat relief.

She filled up a bucket and this is what happened!

koala1.jpg

koala2.jpg

koala3.jpg

koala4.jpg

Awwwwwwwww ..... :wub2:

Awwww .... thank you Mana :huglove: ....

your koala link reminded me of smth. I received the other day ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: HEAT in South Australia

It has been so hot in South Australia for over a week…40+ degrees Celsius everyday, very dry also.

This is from a guy who works in WA but lives at Maude in SA.

His wife sent him these photos of a little Koala which just walked into the back porch looking for a bit of heat relief.

She filled up a bucket and this is what happened!

koala1.jpg

koala2.jpg

koala3.jpg

koala4.jpg

Awwwwwwwww ..... :wub2:

I got that e-mail too! Only mine said this:

In Victoria the temperature has been above 4 4 degrees all week and they are forecasting another week of 40+ temperatures. Power is failing, trains have stopped running because tracks are buckling under the heat . It’s just scorchingand it seems that the people are not the only ones suffering.

Check out these photos of a little Koala which just walked onto a back porch looking for a bit of heat relief. The woman filled up a bucket for it and this is what happened!

I wonder how many other states this little fella visited :naughty:

And then I wasn't :roftl: I went away to read the blog thread. Typical of him to post a blog on a night when I logged off early

*sneaks up behind you* BOO! :naughty:

I saw that and I can't wait to see it....I loved The Nightmare Before Christmas....and The Corpse Bride!

He always makes blogs after I log out :sneaky2:

*sneaks up behind you* BOO! :naughty:

I saw that and I can't wait to see it....I loved The Nightmare Before Christmas....and The Corpse Bride!

He always makes blogs after I log out :sneaky2:

I love animated films but must admit I hadn't heard about "Coraline". I shall look out for it now.

The only problem I have with animated films is finding children to drag along to watch them with me :naughty:

I got that e-mail too! Only mine said this:

In Victoria the temperature has been above 4 4 degrees all week and they are forecasting another week of 40+ temperatures. Power is failing, trains have stopped running because tracks are buckling under the heat . It’s just scorchingand it seems that the people are not the only ones suffering.

Check out these photos of a little Koala which just walked onto a back porch looking for a bit of heat relief. The woman filled up a bucket for it and this is what happened!

I wonder how many other states this little fella visited :naughty:

:roftl: Hahah !!! Enterprising little fella !!! She/he will go places !!! :roftl:

I love animated films but must admit I hadn't heard about "Coraline". I shall look out for it now.

The only problem I have with animated films is finding children to drag along to watch them with me :naughty:

That was the first I had heard of Coraline too.

Nertz to that.....I go whether I can drag along a child or not :naughty:

:roftl: Hahah !!! Enterprising little fella !!! She/he will go places !!! :roftl:

:lmfao:

Maybe he / she can hook up with Sam the Koala and her boyfriend Bob and they can go on the road!:wink2:

That was the first I had heard of Coraline too.

Nertz to that.....I go whether I can drag along a child or not :naughty:

Maybe he / she can hook up with Sam the Koala and her boyfriend Bob and they can go on the road!:wink2:

I've been to some cartoons on my own (Chicken Run and Toy Story 1 & 2) but the parents in the queues look at you like you're some sort of pervert if you haven't got kids with you.:blink:

I've been to some cartoons on my own (Chicken Run and Toy Story 1 & 2) but the parents in the queues look at you like you're some sort of pervert if you haven't got kids with you.:blink:

I figured out a way around that ages ago :naughty: Everytime I build up enough time off at work, I take the time and go during the week and during the day and there's next to no one there :thumb_yello:....sometimes we even get the whole cinema to ourself :naughty:...that's the only time my friends will come with me because there isn't anyone there to see them :wink2: Also, if you take your mum, you can go anytime and they just look at you like your sweet because you're taking you mum to the movies!

For everyone's information, I am now enjoying an alcoholic slushy :lick_lips: :naughty:....well, it's actually my 6th but I'm not counting :naughty:

Edited by Tanya K

I figured out a way around that ages ago : naughty: Everytime I build up enough time off at work, I take the time and go during the week and during the day and there's next to no one there :thumb_yello:....sometimes we even get the whole cinema to ourself :naughty:...that's the only time my friends will come with me because there isn't anyone there to see them :wink2: Also, if you take your mum, you can go anytime and they just look at you like your sweet because you're taking you mum to the movies!

For everyone's information, I am now enjoying an alcoholic slushy : licks_lips: : naughty:....well, it's actually my 6th but I'm not counting :naughty:

Alcoholic slushy :drool: sounds good to me :thumb_yello: But just a tad early over here for that. And probably icy stuff won't do my cold any good :thumbdown:

Alcoholic slushy :drool: sounds good to me :thumb_yello: But just a tad early over here for that. And probably icy stuff won't do my cold any good :thumbdown:

I didn't know you had a cold....you take care of yourself missy:wub2:

How about a hot toddy instead :das:

oh, and I sturked you into the naughty corner :naughty:

I didn't know you had a cold....you take care of yourself missy:wub2:

How about a hot toddy instead :das:

oh, and I sturked you into the naughty corner :naughty:

:sneaky2: Yes I saw you

I don't usually have any time off sick from work, but this is my second time in as many weeks - I just don't have any energy. But then I feel guilty about not being at work.

:sneaky2: Yes I saw you

I don't usually have any time off sick from work, but this is my second time in as many weeks - I just don't have any energy. But then I feel guilty about not being at work.

Sometimes it just can't be helped. I'm sure you work hard, so when you're sick it should be all about you.

I used to feel guilty when I had time off but I don't anymore :naughty:

Sometimes it just can't be helped. I'm sure you work hard, so when you're sick it should be all about you.

I used to feel guilty when I had time off but I don't anymore :naughty:

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I wasn't due to go into hospital for a minor op next week - I will be off for a least a week after that. I will have an absolute mountain of work to go back to.

(Although the op might have been postponed due to the bad weather - I must phone and check :naughty:)

Awwwwwwwwwwww ...... Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttte .... *melts*

For everyone's information, I am now enjoying an alcoholic slushy :lick_lips: :naughty:....well, it's actually my 6th but I'm not counting :naughty:

:lmfao: I cheers you with my glass of red wine then Tan ! *clinks*

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I wasn't due to go into hospital for a minor op next week - I will be off for a least a week after that. I will have an absolute mountain of work to go back to.

(Although the op might have been postponed due to the bad weather - I must phone and check :naughty:)

:shocked: You are ok though? Surely someone can pick up the slack for one week.

You certainly better find out young lady. It's more important than ever to make sure you take it easy and completely get over your cold now.

Awwwwwwwwwwww ...... Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttte .... *melts*

"chookahs" toots :roftl:

Too early for wine, but I'm munching some grapes :naughty:

:shocked: You are ok though? Surely someone can pick up the slack for one week.

You certainly better find out young lady. It's more important than ever to make sure you take it easy and completely get over your cold now.

My assistant is off next week too - half term for her little boy. And she's handed in her notice (emigrating to Australia. Really)

IT'S RAINING HERE !!!!! :woot_jump:

:woot_jump:Excellent news! :woot_jump:

Too early for wine, but I'm munching some grapes :naughty:

My assistant is off next week too - half term for her little boy. And she's handed in her notice (emigrating to Australia. Really)

:shocked: It's never too early for wine!

I say you swap places with your assistant and we can share you around :das:

She's already invited me to stay :naughty:

But it's definitely too hot for me atm ... and then there are the spiders

:eek:

Wel, I certainly hope you will be taking her up on that offer....hhhmmmmmm

....and the snakes, sting rays, sharks, jelly fish and most importantly the drop bears:naughty:....none of which will hurt you :wink2: