The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Wel, I certainly hope you will be taking her up on that offer....hhhmmmmmm

....and the snakes, sting rays, sharks, jelly fish and most importantly the drop bears:naughty:....none of which will hurt you :wink2:

Oh :shocked: I'd forgotten about the drop bears :shocked:

*hides under bed*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh :shocked: I'd forgotten about the drop bears :shocked:

*hides under bed*

*shoots back out from under bed*

:eek:

spiders !!

:lmfao: :rolls_eyes: HONESTLY !!! You UK/Euros have a totally irrational fear of our wildlife .... in almost all cases it is due to an over-active imagination ... :naughty:

EDIT: And some Aussies too .... :naughty:

:lmfao: :rolls_eyes: HONESTLY !!! You UK/Euros have a totally irrational fear of our wildlife .... in almost all cases it is due to an over-active imagination ... :naughty:

Oh you are still around :naughty:

Bye HK :huglove:

PS Is it still raining?

OMG Sky News just announced new warnings!

They're now saying that the Maroondah/Yarra and Bunyip fires could merge into a super-inferno despite the cooler conditions. That's in addition to the other one they thought might have merged...the one Kelzy posted about earlier...I think they said Yea :shocked:

There's nothing new on the CFA website though.

I'm going to go and watch a bit more closely....night HK :huglove: I will pray for more rain:wub2:

OMG Sky News just announced new warnings!

They're now saying that the Maroondah/Yarra and Bunyip fires could merge into a super-inferno despite the cooler conditions. That's in addition to the other one they thought might have merged...the one Kelzy posted about earlier...I think they said Yea :shocked:

There's nothing new on the CFA website though.

I'm going to go and watch a bit more closely....night HK :huglove: I will pray for more rain:wub2:

:shocked: OK hun ... I don't have SKY news ... take care & g'night Tan :huglove:

IT'S RAINING HERE !!!!! :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

That is really good news!:thumb_yello:

:lmfao: HONESTLY !!! You UK/Euros have a totally irrational fear of our wildlife .... in almost all cases it is due to an over-active imagination ... :naughty:

EDIT: And some Aussies too ....

It's true; we always hear horrific stories about Australian snakes and spiders and not to mention all kinds of unknown animals in your woods!:shocked:

So...I shouldn't believe them then?:naughty:

That is really good news!:thumb_yello:

It's true; we always hear horrific stories about Australian snakes and spiders and not to mention all kinds of unknown animals in your woods!:shocked:

So...I shouldn't believe them then?:naughty

Black widow nasties ... crocs ... kangers .... huge scorpion thingies .. is it any wounder!! :shocked::roftl

Good news indeed thanks Sienna !! :thumb_yello:

And to both of you .... well, I'm still here aren't I ??? :naughty::wink2:

FD : Kangas ???? :rolls_eyes:

My car is screwed.

So I let it run for about an hour last night, and then this morning nothing, not even dash lights. It has major faults, and I need a car, because there is no way to get to the primary school by public transport, and getting to uni is also difficult.

But I can't go car hunting today unless I find a way to go by public transport, and my need for a car is such that I don't want to have to rely on just going on the weekends to look.

Good morning all!

Latest from Sky News earlier this morning but there have been no further updates since.

CFA are hoping to begin back burning today between Maroondah / Yarra and Bunyip fires in an attempt to prevent them merging.

Two men have been arrested on arson charges in Taggerty...behaving suspiciously between Yea and Seymour but they have not confirmed this as yet.

They now believe that the Marysville was probably arson as well as Gippsland.

CFA have advised that if the humidity levels are too low during the coming hotter weather, it will have an detrimental impact on fire fighting efforts.

Edited by Tanya K

first of all I love the story of sam the koala and the fireman! that was so adorable!

this is what my street looked like the other day!

1808954331.jpg

we had 51mm in a five-hour period!

aaand in other news people have been discoraged from fundrasing seperately, or donating goods for the bushfire relief and all we are allowd to do is give to the red cross!

I hope you all are well! although I hear its closing in on Melbourne is this correct!

Thanks Silv, Rosina & Guy ... :huglove:

Personally speaking, where I live is out of danger atm 'cos it's raining ! :original:

Tan posted an update this morn. a few posts up ^^^ re: Melb. & Victoria ...

... the weather will be getting hotter down there later this week tho' ... :blink:

Thanks Silv, Rosina & Guy ... :huglove:

Personally speaking, where I live is out of danger atm 'cos it's raining ! :original:

Tan posted an update this morn. a few posts up ^^^ re: Melb. & Victoria ...

... the weather will be getting hotter down there later this week tho' ... :blink:

i have a friend who lives in kelmscott (near perth)... is it ok in that area?