Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 6)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going off topic a bit, but thought I should mention it, Martin was on a UK chat show tonight, playing with Lily Allen!:shocked:

This usually means that will be the band that the artist will tour with, and Lily is just about to start getting going with her touring schedule, which will, no doubt go on for the rest of the year, maybe into next.

I'm very sad about this, I'm hoping Martin will come back with Mika. When we met him at Hammersmith before the two cancellations, I got the impression he was in it with Mika for the long haul, maybe he is and this was a one off, but things like this tend to worry me.

sigh.. :boxed: I hope it's not the way things are gonna go... :tears:

perhaps it's just because it's really a reggae album(not same type of musician:naughty:)

You know, Fanny, I think that you may have a point there :crybaby:

sigh.. :boxed: I hope it's not the way things are gonna go... :tears:

Well, to be honest, I think that this is the way it was gonna go and the way it should go.

In my opinion, Mika let the whole 'band' thing go too far. He could not possibly be trying to stress his 'one man band' thing over and over again, claiming that he was 'a solo artist' (he made a very strong point about that, I remember) and then at the same time, giving the band so much limelight and letting them get very close to the fans.

If he's a solo artist, then it's just him. If he's a band, they share the attention. That 's how it works.

So yes, I do find that if what we're saying is true (as, let's remember, we're just speculating :naughty:), it was not only not a surprise, but 'a long time coming'

I have never expected that Mika would keep the same musicians. As people have said, Mika is a solo artist, his band are there for backup. In one sense they are lucky, because they can change who they work for and do various types of music. I wish Martin good luck if he's performing with Lily. I hope he enjoys himself.

I don't think acoustic should mean just a piano. If he's doing it in small theatres and not, say, my living room, that might be a little bit dry. :naughty:

It's really a shame if Martin won't be there because he really excels at the acoustic work as you can see from these sessions with Lily Allen. And he and Mika have such great chemistry together, I think it would be a great loss for Mika to not have him there during the promotional phase.

I don't think acoustic should mean just a piano. If he's doing it in small theatres and not, say, my living room, that might be a little bit dry. :naughty:

It's really a shame if Martin won't be there because he really excels at the acoustic work as you can see from these sessions with Lily Allen. And he and Mika have such great chemistry together, I think it would be a great loss for Mika to not have him there during the promotional phase.

Yep !! I agree Christine !! :thumb_yello:

EnchantedMoviePoster_001.jpg

~BTW: Did you see ENCHANTED . . . ?

"Schwartz also wrote lyrics for the successful 2007 Disney film Enchanted, again collaborating with Menken. Three songs from the film, "Happy Working Song," "That's How You Know," and "So Close," were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song" per "W"~

Edited by A. Clay

~BTW: Did you see "Enchanted" . . .

"Schwartz also wrote lyrics for the successful 2007 Disney film Enchanted, again collaborating with Menken. Three songs from the film, "Happy Working Song," "That's How You Know," and "So Close," were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song." per "W"~

I love Amy Adams and I was watching a few clips of the Happy Working Song last month. The lyrics are hilarious.

Why Lily Allen out of all people?:shocked:

Well this the thing. Not much love lost between Lily and Mika and it's hard to imagine one of his musicians bouncing back and forth between the two of them. Makes me think Martin has moved on permanently.

He did once.

The fan comment her posted about "It was worth a try" I think it was in the peanut man post :wink2:

Besides, he knows we're all human. He's very understanding that way and I think I saw him on google earth walking to your place to give you a BIG bare hug just a moment ago :mf_rosetinted::huglove:

Oh and HIIII KELZY! :poke:

now that is the kinda hug I would LIKE to see him do and I think he should strip off when he hugs all of us individually:mf_lustslow::naughty: mwahahahha

Well this the thing. Not much love lost between Lily and Mika and it's hard to imagine one of his musicians bouncing back and forth between the two of them. Makes me think Martin has moved on permanently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZWqXxityw Here he's also playing guitar here for Lily.

Pity pity, I wonder why he chose to go for Lily Allen, maybe he was just sick of having nothing to do for so long and settled for less with Lils.

I obviously don't like Lily, no offense:naughty:

So basically, most of the band has moved on, since Mikey is also into another artist now (not literally!) and the others must be doing other things as well!

I think we should all audition to be in Mika's new band:naughty: