Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 6)

Fmbm

i don't know about that shows either,i was a fan of his music back then:bleh:

he made a duet with a Turkish singer Sertab Erener and i was at a stage of my life that i used to like every pop artist Spice girls included:roftl:

ha! that poem is Great rose,you should send it on MS!

Already there:wink2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both, you are very kind.

I wouldn't mind getting some feedback from Mika about all these poems, whether he really likes them, if he finds them mildly interesting or if he doesn't like them much. Any feedback at all would be nice.

put them on wiki,you'll get a feedback in 3 days:naughty:

But no approving tonight..;(

No, having a day off it would seem.

put them on wiki,you'll get a feedback in 3 days:naughty:

Yeah, but not from Mika I fear:roftl:

:floor:

I thought you were so brilliant with your latest poem (like always) and thought to follow suit :P

Sorry for almost killing you Rose :D

You're alright, a mouthful of tea helped:wink2::naughty:

Yep.

Um.

Loo! :mf_pain:

Mika's tea!

Along with his BARE hug :roftl:

I should be a court jesture :D

Not that they have courts anymore :crybaby:

I think I would definitely have choked, if Mika turned up to give me a BARE hug:roftl:

Then I'd be off the hook because it wasn't me that killed you?

Yussss!

I mean, oh no! Rose might have choked :P:mf_rosetinted:

Ooooh, a bit of backpeddling going on there:naughty:

Yeah, he's playing for time:roftl:

Procrastination along with perfectionism is the creativity killer #1, they say.

But really if I was Mika reading this, it wouldn't encourage me to upload a vlog or do a blog.

It would encourage me to seek you all out and bludgeon you to within an inch of your life. :bash: Screaming "stop hassling me, I'm trying to work" at the top of my voice! :)

I don't think so. I really don't see him under that kind of enourmous pressure, due to a few comments of fans who actually enjoy his blog and therefore 'ask for' new installments. I don't think anybody, be it record companies, fans or interviewers from gay magazines will ever get what they want from him just by insisting. From my view he does what he feels like doing at the time he wants to do it. If anything, he feels flattered and amused (not ironically) by the number of requests. I can't believe it would make him feel much better if nobody gave a damn about what he does.

We don't have that much influence on his life. Although I do want to believe that he reads this thread and others and maybe (just a thought) he might pick up one of those specific requests or another and take it into consideration. It doesn't change the fact that he's in control. Of everything.

(responding to Christine's comment but mucked up the quote)

Sadly, I agree about timing factors keeping Mika from retaining the same band- which I'd have liked- they've obviously got to get work with other artists, whose tours are unlikely to end just as Mika's begins. (Tho I hope there's some of their work on the album too). But to be honest, I wouldn't think much of Mika specifying who their other work could be, unless there was a definate public fued. In the thread Dilek pointed us to, it was really Mika who was rude first. (She must be nuts not wanting to hang round with him, but it's her choice- and I thought her "you're not in drag" comment was a fair comeback.)

Sadly, I agree about timing factors keeping Mika from retaining the same band- which I'd have liked- they've obviously got to get work with other artists, whose tours are unlikely to end just as Mika's begins. (Tho I hope there's some of their work on the album too). But to be honest, I wouldn't think much of Mika specifying who their other work could be, unless there was a definate public fued. In the thread Dilek pointed us to, it was really Mika who was rude first. (She must be nuts not wanting to hang round with him, but it's her choice- and I thought her "you're not in drag" comment was a fair comeback.)

At the end of the day, the band are all professionals with their own professional agendas and bills to pay - I don't think Mika would try to control them. The only way to do that would be to pay them to sit at home, doing nothing, which would be pointless for all concerned.

I suppose some artist may have born grudges once, but most of the time, I don't suppose they care that much about what their band members do when they are not under contract.

I don't think so. I really don't see him under that kind of enourmous pressure, due to a few comments of fans who actually enjoy his blog and therefore 'ask for' new installments. I don't think anybody, be it record companies, fans or interviewers from gay magazines will ever get what they want from him just by insisting. From my view he does what he feels like doing at the time he wants to do it. If anything, he feels flattered and amused (not ironically) by the number of requests. I can't believe it would make him feel much better if nobody gave a damn about what he does.

We don't have that much influence on his life. Although I do want to believe that he reads this thread and others and maybe (just a thought) he might pick up one of those specific requests or another and take it into consideration. It doesn't change the fact that he's in control. Of everything.

I agree AAAALLL the way with the above! :thumb_yello:

what's this drag thing you are talking about..? care to explain me, pls? I tried to read all pages back but I seem not to find it. I must have overlooked it.. :blink:

Yeah Hugh Laurie was better known for comic roles or comic/drama rather than completely straight drama, I think.

I have never watched house,though been told by many it's good and hugh is great as a dramatic actor as well. i think he's though an OUTSTANDING commedian! not only in the grand blackadder series, but also in the old films, with the kenneth branagh's bunch. I have always been a great fan of him.

Yeah I was. I guess it would be around 20 years, god where does the time go?

Baldrick (Tony Robinson) presents the archeology programme The Time Team for the last fifteen years, and a few other things. He's on tv a lot still!

balder was my fave of the series!! though it's really hard to choose, cause the whole cast is really worth watching, stephen fry, rowan, miranda and hugh on top of the list! :punk:

mr. s** o** baldrick :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Well, to be honest, I think that this is the way it was gonna go and the way it should go.

In my opinion, Mika let the whole 'band' thing go too far. He could not possibly be trying to stress his 'one man band' thing over and over again, claiming that he was 'a solo artist' (he made a very strong point about that, I remember) and then at the same time, giving the band so much limelight and letting them get very close to the fans.

If he's a solo artist, then it's just him. If he's a band, they share the attention. That 's how it works.

So yes, I do find that if what we're saying is true (as, let's remember, we're just speculating ), it was not only not a surprise, but 'a long time coming'

you're very right on this, sara, sadly. I agree it's true and realistic. though I cannot stop myself from wishing the band would stay.

it happened in past, when i told to non fans about the gigs and the meeting mika and co., that they asked me is MIKA a band..? :blink: I suppose they sounded like an ensemble to people not aware of the state of facts.

there's also to consider, mika would maybe decide to give a different direction to his music with the new album and therefore to his stage musicians. meaning, for ex. the presence of organ in one of the songs (though we did have some songs also in LICM that included extra instruments) may suggest he'd want to develop a new sound and may need another type of staff. just an hypothesis.

But the key words were really if I was Mika which I am clearly not.

In other words all of this begging and emotional blackmail gets on my nerves, especially, as you pointed out, as it has little or no influence on whether he blogs or not.

But as I said later, this thread is obviously not the one for me if I can't stand the "conversation" in here.

Fortunately a little later there was some interesting (to me) conversation so I stayed.

I agree he may be flattered but nothing that is said here will influence him to blog any sooner than he wants to.

Don't worry, I will skulk back to the apples now. :tears:

Edited by babspanky

Avoca- Dilek posted a link to the Lily Allen "drag" insult (newspaper snippet and thread) on page 258 of this thread. We started discussing it on page 256

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8263&highlight=lilly+allen+mika

Edited by Soaring Simpson

You know, Fanny, I think that you may have a point there :crybaby:

Well, to be honest, I think that this is the way it was gonna go and the way it should go.

In my opinion, Mika let the whole 'band' thing go too far. He could not possibly be trying to stress his 'one man band' thing over and over again, claiming that he was 'a solo artist' (he made a very strong point about that, I remember) and then at the same time, giving the band so much limelight and letting them get very close to the fans.

If he's a solo artist, then it's just him. If he's a band, they share the attention. That 's how it works.

So yes, I do find that if what we're saying is true (as, let's remember, we're just speculating :naughty:), it was not only not a surprise, but 'a long time coming'

I 99% agree, though I think he's beginning to want them as "his" band. In which case, they should have the security/album time/money that goes with it.

But the key words were really if I was Mika which I am clearly not.

In other words all of this begging and emotional blackmail gets on my nerves, especially, as you pointed out, as it has little or no influence on whether he blogs or not.

But as I said later, this thread is obviously not the one for me if I can't stand the "conversation" in here.

Fortunately a little later there was some interesting (to me) conversation so I stayed.

I agree he may be flattered but nothing that is said here will influence him to blog any sooner than he wants to.

Don't worry, I will skulk back to the apples now. :tears:

Oh. Okay, I have to admit, I've overread the 'If I was Mika' bit. :blush-anim-cl:

I thought you were assuming he thinks of it all like that. :roftl:

Why do you justify yourself for posting in this thread? I didn't intend to question your point of view (as if I had the power..), I merely stated mine, like everybody does in here all the time. No need to skulk back to anywhere.

As there is close to nothing Mika related going on at the moment anyway, what is there to talk about besides the blogs he posts and the things we would like to read about (and where else would one do this but in this thread?). And that we would like to attend some more gigs.

If I was Mika, I wouldn't wish to go out to find all the people who don't approve of the illustration stuff I post and :fish: them in order to make them shut up.