Mika @ Doncaster Dome! did you meet him?

xxmika-maddo-joxx

I guess you're right the bigger he gets, the more difficult it'll be logistically it will be. I was thinking of the fanbase of last year at Paris. I suppose after the new album it wil increase and if he did a stadium gig, more people would wait in proportion to those who waited in Paris. So it would be more difficult to see everyone.

Ha ha, that's just reminded me of the convo me and Andy had about M&Gs, and me saying how JC did organised ones, where the fan club got to meet him before shows and he had little chats with them, and then at the afterparty, Andy said to me "isn't this better than what JC does?", and I had to conceed.

But maybe it's the way Mika will have to go (not before shows, obviously) eventually.

How ironic! LOL!!!

OK............so I am being thick but please put me out of my misery and tell me who JC is!:naughty:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so much up in the air what happens with Mika .. my gut feel obviously is that hes going to be massive ..

Either way the days of him casually walking up a main street or 10 people at a backstage door are gone :blink: ssighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :gathering:

I think VIP passes or pre planned meet and greets will happen more and more , just walking out after every gig doesnt seem right anymore .. mmmm

Even more important to hang on to his official fan club then!:wink2:

If I haven't told you before I really want you to know that all the work you put down to make the M&G in Madrid come true is sooo much appreciated!

To me it was a beautiful ending to magical night!:wub2:

Ha ha, that's just reminded me of the convo me and Andy had about M&Gs, and me saying how JC did organised ones, where the fan club got to meet him before shows and he had little chats with them, and then at the afterparty, Andy said to me "isn't this better than what JC does?", and I had to conceed.

But maybe it's the way Mika will have to go (not before shows, obviously) eventually.

How ironic! LOL!!!

Wouldn’t it be weird for an artist to have meetings with fans before the show?

They need to be rested and in the right mood and focused.

When I was holding lecture courses (is that the word?) I always saw it as important to have a moment alone right before just to “collect myself!”

Sienna .. what a lovely comment :wub2::wub2:

It was a superb time ... Ill never forget walking past those blasting speakers going around the back to meet him:wub2:

Oh yes, and I remember your worried face when you tried to separate the sheep from the goats...:roftl:

"Next time I'll put name tags on you."

Let's do that!:thumb_yello:

Oh yes, and I remember your worried face when you tried to separate the sheep from the goats...:roftl:

"Next time I'll put name tags on you."

Let's do that!:thumb_yello:

i was terrified :shocked:

In my mind .. 20 ish people will casually walk over to the corner and just file in easy peasy .. THEN ....... i saw far far many faces AND I didnt know them all .... madness , it really was:blink:

I read an interview quite recently .. interesting too .. someone asked Freddie Mercury why he didnt sign or meet anyone and he stated .. " Do you want an amazing show darling orrrrr a signing .. as I cant do both"

Kinda summed it up for me , bigger acts dont just wander around meeting and saying hello

Madrid for example .. John said 5 minutes ONLY , Mikas voice was shot to bits

That's interesting.

But I think Mika's made of different stuff than Freddie.

And although he's 'classically trained' he does have a voice that's easily broken.................

And, I think Mika finds it difficult to stick to his OWN guidelines..........look at Amsterdam.............we were told in no uncertain terms that Mika would walk around the room, greet people, but would NOT talk..............I think he lasted about two minutes................got to Wendi............started talking and never stopped:shocked:

I guess you're right the bigger he gets, the more difficult it'll be logistically it will be. I was thinking of the fanbase of last year at Paris. I suppose after the new album it wil increase and if he did a stadium gig, more people would wait in proportion to those who waited in Paris. So it would be more difficult to see everyone.

How ironic! LOL!!!

Did he m&g after the Parc des Princes? I assumed that he wouldn't and now I can't remember.

Did I mention the altzheimers?

Did he m&g after the Parc des Princes? I assumed that he wouldn't and now I can't remember.

Did I mention the altzheimers?

Well, he came out. But it was one of those situations where we had been told that there would be 'something special'...even had a list with all our names on............we were hanging about for ages.....wandering about, going from door to door. It was about 2am (I think) beofre he finally emerged and did the meeting/signing over the barrier with the car engine running. I am not complaining. At that time of night after a day like that I am pretty sure that most people would have driven straight past. However, just pointing out that it could hardly be called a meet and greet!