Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get where you were 'almost impolite'

Although... I'm not offended at all if it worries you . lol

I mean I referred to you as "she" instead of saying your name and I worried because it seems impolite.

When I said "HER" instead of my mother to my teacher when I was little she said "HER? Who is HER? The cat's mother?"

It's a common saying but I don't get when my cat's mother had to do with anything...:D

i used to cut myself. then everyone started yelling at me when they saw scars on my arms, and i was almost scared out of it..

yeah, i see your point. but i just bugs me, y'know?

yummy!

I never ate.

Nobody bugged me until last christmas holidays when I was kneiling on the bathroom floorwith a towel around me (don't ask...) and I fainted and knocked my head on a step and went into a weird fit.

Now they're obsessed so I'm moving out next year :)

Yeah. I know what you mean but I don't feel the same way sorry :huglove:

Oh go stand in the corner with Wendi! :D

i know, i know. its different when you actually do it to when you talk about it later. when you do it you're in so much pain, in your head i mean, and you release that pain when you cut yourself and feel better. you just don't think straight. i can't really explain it.

there's no way, you can explain yourself to me in that kind of situations .

I already felt so much pain that I felt like dying was easier than all the things that I were living . But committing suicide it's egoist, there are always people who need you . And in that time of my life, there was a girl that really needed me a lot and could never even be down, even more thinking about suicide or cutting myself, fall to depression... whatever . I could never let me fall to my pain cause I had to stand up to the people who needed me in that time .

I always though suicide was egoism . It's just that people have to accept what happened to them and go ahead because there will be a lot more pain in your life, you can't fall in the first step .

But it's not everything, cause since I started screaming my lungs out singing 'Tonight I'm a Rock 'n' Roll Star' (for other words: since I am Oasis' fan) I realised one thing: YOU GOTTA LOVE YOURSELF!

You gotta love yourself more than you love your mother, more than you love your brother more than you love all the world together . It's just that people should think my live is everything and that's all . He can dye, I'll cry, she can dye and I'll cry as well... as long as I stay alive it's acceptable for me .

Believe me, strong self love makes life a lot brighter . I know it . :roftl:

(well... i know many of you will not agree with what I said, just don't hate me for the way a think)

they're not yuck. they make the soil nice and healthy.

And they're slimy :arf2:

Jeez Charlotte we're giving NZ a reputation here for being all Happy and stuff! :punk:

Mind you, I'm more the weird psychic freaky overopinionated, indie/alternative artsy sort but your energy is infectious :P

Although swearing is commonplace to most of us, lord knows I can swear like a trooper when I'm in my van, this is a public forum, and a lot of younglings come on here whose parents probably monitor them, and if they aren't happy with any colourful language we use, we may get a lot of complaints. I think it would be better if we could not swear here.

Although swearing is commonplace to most of us, lord knows I can swear like a trooper when I'm in my van, this is a public forum, and a lot of younglings come on here whose parents probably monitor them, and if they aren't happy with any colourful language we use, we may get a lot of complaints. I think it would be better if we could not swear here.

Wow Rose, first there was DL and I on the straight hair thread and as soon as you said something our :ot: conversation was ended and now we've been talking about swearing and what we think and (to me at least) the way you've worded your reply was with so much authority it's like you just closed the conversation again.

Hmm

Are you SURE you're not a mod in disguise??? :P

I gather that these would be the same younglings whose parents don't mind them watching Mika swear in his vlogs and shows or interviews? :naughty::roftl:

I really don't think that swearing left, right and center is the best idea in any situation, but on the other hand I wouldn't go as far as censoring it, unless we start censoring many other things :wink2:.

All of the conversation on MFC is not censored to accommodate the parents of younglings. There is more to Mika and discussions about him than lollipops and rainbows and Mika himself uses certain words quite freely.

Obviously it's a grey area and most people want to remain within the bounds of good taste, so there has to be some self-censorship on a public forum. But when it comes to younglings, if their parents think they shouldn't be reading some of the things on MFC then perhaps they shouldn't.

I'm not too keen on censoring, but I am very careful how I post, just in case there are those who do find it offensive.

We can't control what Mika does, but we could set an example of a little restraint on here.

I'm not too keen on censoring, but I am very careful how I post, just in case there are those who do find it offensive.

We can't control what Mika does, but we could set an example of a little restraint on here.

An example for Mika, too. :naughty:

But Rose, seriously, I think that this place is super restrained.

Not only that, but most of the time we are not letting it even be a reflection of 'real life' due to all these fears that we seem to have about the place losing it's rosy hue...So I REALLY don't think that there is a problem in that respect, or that we should be making it one :wink2:.

At the moment it's fine, I'm just saying that when one person who starts swearing isn't asked to ease off, if they start going too far, it opens the door for others, and thats when the floodgates open. I've seen it happen on another forum, and believe me it gets ugly!

We surely don't want that on here?

But Rose, seriously, I think that this place is super restrained.

Not only that, but most of the time we are not letting it even be a reflection of 'real life' due to all these fears that we seem to have about the place losing it's rosy hue...So I REALLY don't think that there is a problem in that respect, or that we should be making it one :wink2:.

Excuse me! What about the serious shock I got last week out of the mf_boff smilie! :sneaky2: I will never get over that in my whole life :tears:

:roftl:

But I don't want to control what Mika says so why would I want to restrain myself to an even greater degree? :wink2:

I understand what you're saying and I respect the fact that you take the feelings of others into consideration when I probably swing too far in the opposite direction myself.

But lately I've been finding all of this tip-toeing around what others may find offensive extremely stifling to frank and interesting discussions. Anyone can take offense to anything so that's an extremely restrictive parameter to work within on a forum as diverse as MFC.

I would rather encourage people to learn how to deal with differences of opinions, personalities and senses of humour than to sterilize MFC to the point where no one can take offense to anything that is said.

:shocked:

That's horrible! :roftl:

Like when someone was talking to me about "My favourite singer" and they said to my granddad "What's a Mika?"

Granddad replied "Dunno but I could never eat a whole one :fisch:"

I know,that wasn't nice. But I think they can be cute too:wink2:

I was just teasing a bit