Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, feels a little silly to quote myself, but I am because... another Perez post on something similar! Not that I'm a Miley fan in the least, but she has learned a lesson about following through with presale tickets!

I know Team Mika would never get themselves into a situation like this though... I'm sure they will take good care of MFC members on the next tour :wink2:

http://perezhilton.com/2009-03-12-mileys-fan-club-cheats-its-members

Miley's Fan Club Cheats Its Members

Filed under: Legal Matters > Miley Cyrus

Joining the Miley Cyrus fan club is sort of like an episode of Hannah Montana - you think you're getting one thing, and then it takes off its wig and it's something totally different!

Members will receive free extended membership after the fan club neglected to give them early access to concert tickets, as it advertised it would. Tickets didn't take long to sell out and we're sure many parents were left with the miserable task of consoling their hormonal tweenagers.

In a lawsuit filed against Interactive Media Marketing Inc. of Nashville, the company was required to pony up $20,000 in penalties, as well as post a notice on the Web site saying, "Purchase of a MileyWorld fan club membership does not guarantee access to tickets" in addition to the extended memberships.

Although with membership worth $29.95 a year, it really doesn't seem fair!

The moral of the story is: Dump Miley!

Team Mika please take note... Aside from the Ticketmaster issue - I am looking at what No Doubt did for their presale tickets. And I would think our presales could possibly be sold through MFC (as the official fanclub), or have some other way of giving MFC priority presale opportunities: http://perezhilton.com/2009-03-11-no-doubt-give-ticketmaster-the-middle-finger

I was thinking it would be good if we could possibly enter our MFC membership number as a presale password to give access to anyone who was a member by a certain date (so that ticket scalpers couldn't just sign up to get presale tickets). What do you guys think?

Talk amongst yourselves. :naughty:

Yeah, I know I'm opening up a can of worms.

Ok, feels a little silly to quote myself, but I am because... another Perez post on something similar! Not that I'm a Miley fan in the least, but she has learned a lesson about following through with presale tickets!

I know Team Mika would never get themselves into a situation like this though... I'm sure they will take good care of MFC members on the next tour :wink2:

http://perezhilton.com/2009-03-12-mileys-fan-club-cheats-its-members

Miley's Fan Club Cheats Its Members

Filed under: Legal Matters > Miley Cyrus

Joining the Miley Cyrus fan club is sort of like an episode of Hannah Montana - you think you're getting one thing, and then it takes off its wig and it's something totally different!

Members will receive free extended membership after the fan club neglected to give them early access to concert tickets, as it advertised it would. Tickets didn't take long to sell out and we're sure many parents were left with the miserable task of consoling their hormonal tweenagers.

In a lawsuit filed against Interactive Media Marketing Inc. of Nashville, the company was required to pony up $20,000 in penalties, as well as post a notice on the Web site saying, "Purchase of a MileyWorld fan club membership does not guarantee access to tickets" in addition to the extended memberships.

Although with membership worth $29.95 a year, it really doesn't seem fair!

The moral of the story is: Dump Miley!

The thing with this is, we're not exactly in the same boat are we, as yet?

We don't pay a membership, as of yet, so if this occurred, we couldn't sue.

And, not wanting to sound negative, we haven't got anything in writing promising presale tickets either, as far as I'm aware. So it's down to Team Mika whether they arrange for this to happen for us.

I'm sure something will be set up, hopefully better organised than the Adele and Miley Sirus presales, but I'm not holding my breath.

The thing with this is, we're not exactly in the same boat are we, as yet?

We don't pay a membership, as of yet, so if this occurred, we couldn't sue.

And, not wanting to sound negative, we haven't got anything in writing promising presale tickets either, as far as I'm aware. So it's down to Team Mika whether they arrange for this to happen for us.

I'm sure something will be set up, hopefully better organised than the Adele and Miley Sirus presales, but I'm not holding my breath.

You're right, we're not in the same boat at all -- I wasn't implying that we are. Just some interesting news regarding how other artists handle presale tickets.

I'm just trying to get them thinking about this on the off chance any of Team Mika pop by this thread. We all know a new tour is coming, and they haven't been all that organized in the past... just trying to get the wheels turning, and if luck is on our side they will plan things out well this time around, be well organized, and follow through on any future announcements. :thumb_yello:

You're right, we're not in the same boat at all -- I wasn't implying that we are. Just some interesting news regarding how other artists handle presale tickets.

I'm just trying to get them thinking about this on the off chance any of Team Mika pop by this thread. We all know a new tour is coming, and they haven't been all that organized in the past... just trying to get the wheels turning, and if luck is on our side they will plan things out well this time around, be well organized, and follow through on any future announcements. :thumb_yello:

Here's hoping they do some research and come up with a feasible and

fair system!! If they think there is whining here just now...................... :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I think it would be great if FD could get someone from there to come on here, and give us some information about what would happen when the gigs get announced. It would make me feel happier, if they could explain things to us.

I think it would be great if FD could get someone from there to come on here, and give us some information about what would happen when the gigs get announced. It would make me feel happier, if they could explain things to us.

I think Fred probably would if he could - I think he and Deb, and

the Mods have been wanting info for a while. Guess team Mika do

things their own way, and in their own time!!

i think for this tour there may be something considered for MFC. I dunno if in terms of presales, sneak peaks or what else.

trouble is posting it here is posting it to the mika world, as we are all over google when one types mika.

so I don't know how they are possibly gonna to announce smt like that..

we'll see if it's true and how it can be handled. :blink:

have we considered, out of joke, he may actually be on hols and didn't post anything in advance cause he doesn't want all the paparazi behind him wherever he goes..? :blink:

I'll be freakin' angry if he is.

For God's Sake, Mika, finish that darn album dude.

i think for this tour there may be something considered for MFC. I dunno if in terms of presales, sneak peaks or what else.

trouble is posting it here is posting it to the mika world, as we are all over google when one types mika.

Best done in the Members only section, I would think.

I hope they would start a new thread in the Members Only section

where the spiders and bots can't get in!!

have we considered, out of joke, he may actually be on hols and didn't post anything in advance cause he doesn't want all the paparazi behind him wherever he goes..? :blink:

Does he watch videos on Youtube while on holiday? :blink:

I hope they would start a new thread in the Members Only section

where the spiders and bots can't get in!!

Best done in the Members only section, I would think.

good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Does he watch videos on Youtube while on holiday? :blink:

I haven't got a clue. I suppose so, unless he's full immersion in the hols, which I hope he is, whenever he's on hols. I suspect though, he checks the internet with his superphone. :wink2:

I'll be freakin' angry if he is.

For God's Sake, Mika, finish that darn album dude.

why? :blink: I mean, I defo cannot wait to have the bloody album and I look very forward to tour (though I hope for personal reasons it starts in a moment when i am in the conditions to go).

I don't see though, why he's not entitled to a holiday. he's blogged last 2 weeks ago or so. in the summer I used to have 4 weeks hols.. i think he's restraining himself even. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think he'd be on holiday yet.

If you remember, on the new music video, he said that Owen Pallet was going to be doing some more tracks, so the album recording must still be ongoing.

I don't think he'd be on holiday yet.

If you remember, on the new music video, he said that Owen Pallet was going to be doing some more tracks, so the album recording must still be ongoing.

oh, I didn't mean he's done with album and enjoying his well deserved rest. I more meant taking a spring break... :fisch::das:

Yep, yep...:wink2:

Not sure if Mika himself liked the info spread but then it's their problem...

That's the funny thing with him- He is all coy and quiet, and then the people around him are more than happy to spread it all :roftl:

I saw, Perez birthday is next week and he'll give a party ... if Mika don't post a blog until this day at least we'll see him at the party, I think :blink:

Oh yes, I bet he will be there for sure.

Yes, I totally agree. Let's hope that they organise things so that they work out for us :thumb_yello:.

Please don't kill me for saying this, I'm afraid :naughty:

On the contrary, enlighten me :wink2:

I was wondering, how are they supposed to organize presales or anything when this is not yet an "official" fan club?

I think that makes a slight difference from what you have been talking about other artists fanclubs? :blink:

Please don't kill me for saying this, I'm afraid :naughty:

On the contrary, enlighten me :wink2:

I was wondering, how are they supposed to organize presales or anything when this is not yet an "official" fan club?

I think that makes a slight difference from what you have been talking about other artists fanclubs? :blink:

We're unofficially official.

And Team Mika will organise presales with their usual efficiency. :mf_rosetinted: