Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The internet got sick of a blogless Mikasounds as well. It doesn't even show me the page. Dayum Penniman, been playing with buttons again?:mf_rosetinted:

Edit: It's working again, oh what a surprise, no new blog!

:shocked: Something going on there - I can't see it now either

next thread i start will be to show you how to knit and crochet!! :roftl::roftl: (kidding! i don't know either!!! :lmao:

:roftl:Granny Guylaine:naughty:

:shocked: Something going on there - I can't see it now either

Ha. For me it works, it's just incredibly slow.

I think it's not so much keeping it secret as wanting it to be perfect before he lets anyone hear it. For a talented (and award-winning) songwriter he is very lacking in self-confidence.

That's a very good point. I guess that it could be one of his reasons for being so secretive: it's just paranoia :thumb_yello:

I don't expect a summertour, it would be kinda late to announce a summertour now.

I'm quite sure that there will be one, which is why I'm annoyed that he's not announcing stuff :roftl:

Hahaha yeah. Look what happened when he posted "seconds" from a couple of new songs the whole place was insane! :roftl::roftl:

But that is exactly the problem here.

Because he doesn't give us anything, when he reveals any tiny little crumb or music bit, people go mental.

I find that the more open artists are, and the more loosely they give info out, the fans are more chilled and can just happily wait, instead of becoming so obsessive. My opinion of course :naughty:.

That's a very good point. I guess that it could be one of his reasons for being so secretive: it's just paranoia :thumb_yello:

I'm quite sure that there will be one, which is why I'm annoyed that he's not announcing stuff :roftl:

Because he doesn't give us anything, when he reveals any tiny little crumb or music bit, people go mental.

I find that the more open artists are, and the more loosely they give info out, the fans are more chilled and can just happily wait, instead of becoming so obsessive. My opinion of course :naughty:.

But Mika is obsessive about his music, probably more so than anyone else. I tell myself that Mika's music is well worth waiting for, and it's well worth waiting for because he is so meticulous with it.

Might be, but it's March already.

Maybe that's exactly what he wants. People to become obsessive I mean.:naughty:

you know, maybe it will be refreshing not to know too much before the album is out... i like surprises.

it could feel like xmas morning :naughty:

you know, maybe it will be refreshing not to know too much before the album is out... i like surprises.

it could feel like xmas morning :naughty:

Me too :thumb_yello: I'm good at expecting the unexpected :naughty:

I think because it was about this time last year, he announced the July gigs.

It was at a day I was ill the Amsterdam gig was announced, cause I wasn't allowed to go on the pc cause I was ill, but he was at a radioshow or something and I was allowed to go on the pc anyway, to follow it. I think it had something to do with the Brit Awards, and if I remember right, it was on a Wednesday. Wednesday 12 February (Was 12 Feb. even on a Wednesday?:blink:)At least somewhere very early in 2008.

He announced Amsterdam in December 2007:blink:

Did he? My memory is rubbish lately!

But, as far as artists announcing gigs late, look at MJ announcing his July gigs this week!

And all 50 sold out within 2 hours!

So if Mika were to announce summer dates now it wouldn't be too late.

Yeah, but there's quite a difference between MJ and Mika.

But the principal of an artist announcing dates a few months before they do them is the same.

Another example, this time a lesser known band, The Enemy, just announced dates in June.

M can't blog. He's still busy reading the instructions of his new i-phone. :mf_rosetinted:

He will find the way to operate that bloody thing sooner or later. :naughty:

the usual copy cat :mf_rosetinted:

almost 20 days blogless.... :boxed:

:harp:I sit and talk to gooood and he just laughs at my plaaaaaans *tunes robbie williams..* :naughty:

For me, I think it would be great if he just says something about the tour and the album, I mean do we expect any of them in the near future? Nothing this year (which I doubt)?

He doesn't have to show us anything concerning the album if he doesn't want to, but he can just say something to look forward to :cheerful_h4h: