Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread

Fmbm

It might not be the last week for Greg, he's the producer. He has to do all the post production stuff on it.

I think along this line as well :thumb_yello:

Posting the same thing that I wrote in the new album thread, as it's basically my views on the Twitter thing:

But, it's the same as when he started using Myspace and then 'switched' to the Mikasounds blog.

Nobody complained then that he was abandoning myspace...people just started looking at the blog instead (as he stopped paying myspace attention the minute the blog started getting all his time and efforts :naughty:). This is the same. One doesn't need to 'join' twitter to see what he posts, all you need is to look at his page, the same that we look at his blog or his myspace page. I really can't see the big deal :blink:.

This has nothing to do with jumping on a new fad; It's just a case of 'if you want to be informed, you have to look for the info', and if the info is in Twitter, then there it is where we look for it. What difference does the address that you type on your browser make?

I agree with you about the getting excited part; I'm sure that there is still a lot of work to be done until the album actually hits the shelves, so I will also reserve my excitement until then.

Oh, and I'm sure that when Mika actually has an 'announcement' to make re release date or such, he will do so on his blog. This was just a spontaneous, quick, excited update through his mobile, and that is why I find it precious.

The fact that he feels happy to post those little nuggets for us real time, and that he's clearly communicating and interacting (which he does NOT do on the blog) I find precious beyond words, and the silly Mika that I am seeing posting these things about looking like watermelons on Twitter is what has made my 'Mika love' come straight back after all these months of draught and disenchantment.

So yes, I for one am loving it, and I hope that he keeps at it. It's an invaluable tool to make quick easy updates on the go, and for that reason it will always be a 1000 times more immediate and spontaneous than any blog that he can write up and anyone else can post for him.

Heck, he doesn't even need to read the comments to approve them; Anyone can do that.

LONG LIVE THE MIKA TWITTER I say :wub2::naughty:

I joined twitter cause I'd go many places to follow mika's updates, :blush-anim-cl: but it doesnt' match my tastes as much as the blogs did/do.

I loved the pics, the videos and many of the other things he posted and share.

140 words and often are just a gift, and I'm not complaining: better this than blogless, or newsless, or whatever else till he finds a new toy for his amusement.

but I miss the blogs. :boxed:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah but nobody replies to their fans on myspace (only the small time artists)

But it's like the new celeb craze is twitter, a LOT of them are replying to the fans, mostly cos it's quick and has to be under 140 characters so it's not time consuming for them. I for one am liking Twitter :punk:

Yeah, they usually don't, hence why I got so excited when I got a reply from Sam Sparro a couple of months ago :naughty:. It did have a narcissistic motivation though- He wanted to see the videos that I had taken :roftl:.

Amen!:naughty:

I agree there with you, Sara!

He doesn't have to please everyone, he can't please everyone, and I'm sure wanting it wold be too much dedication already, he knows he has fans that do everything they can do to get the best out of his music and himself, and he knows there are fans that just don't want to, and he respects that, and just don't cares about it.

If he lets the blog die, and twitter comes alive, I have to say, I don't care! As long as I get news, it's fine by me.

Yes, that is what I think as well. As long as we get the info, who cares where it comes from :naughty:

I think along this line as well

I joined twitter cause I'd go many places to follow mika's updates, :blush-anim-cl: but it doesnt' match my tastes as much as the blogs did/do.

I loved the pics, the videos and many of the other things he posted and share.

140 words and often are just a gift, and I'm not complaining: better this than blogless, or newsless, or whatever else till he finds a new toy for his amusement.

but I miss the blogs.

Ok, again, you don't need to join Twitter to follow his updates :naughty:, but anyway, I'm sure that the blog will come back though, once he has something to blog about or the time/inclination to do it. The two things aren't mutually exclusive, and can perfectly co-exist in Mikaland :wink2:.

one day there will be a blog again. i don't think he is going to let his site completely die. but hey, the bird is singing! :naughty:

Exactly!

I like them both, and at the moment am very happy that he's Tweeting!

Yes, that is what I think as well. As long as we get the info, who cares where it comes from :naughty:

Ok, again, you don't need to join Twitter to follow his updates :naughty:, but anyway, I'm sure that the blog will come back though, once he has something to blog about or the time/inclination to do it. The two things aren't mutually exclusive, and can perfectly co-exist in Mikaland :wink2:.

Exactly!

I like them both, and at the moment am very happy that he's Tweeting!

Yep:naughty:

Why does he have to be giving all this exciting information, joining twitter, picking avocados while I'm on exams?:naughty: Guess he just can't please us all, too bad:roftl:

I don't really care if he uses myspace, his blog, twitter, facebook or if he'd send each of us handwritten letters as long as he let's us know he's alive and keeping us updated:thumb_yello:

I'd go for the handwritten ones. haha :cheerful_h4h:

one day there will be a blog again. i don't think he is going to let his site completely die. but hey, the bird is singing! :naughty:

I thought all birds were tweeting these days!:wink2:

Do I just don't get it or why am I so underwhelmed by that new toy? :blink:

Maybe it just loses a bit of its glamour if you don't have time to keep track all day long... :thumbdown: Have I missed a lengthy discussion in all its psychological depth between Mika(sounds) and a couple of MFCers? Backups anywhere? :roftl:

That is truly something thing I would want to read!:naughty:

Btw now I have a twitter: sienna131 :biggrin2: