Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway, what I really would like to know is, who goes posting this sort of thing:

one-of-us-one-of-us-one-of-us :

Date: March 20, 2009 @ 2:08 am

Mika, this is great just like the picture, but you know, not everyone is welcome on your fan club and it would be really nice from you if you could tell us about the tickets via twitter or here, it would be more neutral…i mean just because we dont belong to your fan club doesnt mean we dont follow your career and everything.our care is there the same u no.

Not welcome???? This site has to be one of the friendliest forums or fanclubs around :sneaky2: and then some people go around giving it a bad name with nothing to back it up, just badmouthing for the sake of it.This shocks and saddens me.

Oh, plus the sweet irony of the sentence: 'just because we don't belong to your fanclub doesn't mean that we don't follow your career'

... errrr...hello....newsflash...Ok, I will drop it here before I actually get angrier and write what I REALLY would like to say about it all.

Sigh.

Anyway, what I really would like to know is, who goes posting this sort of thing:

Mika, this is great just like the picture, but you know, not everyone is welcome on your fan club and it would be really nice from you if you could tell us about the tickets via twitter or here, it would be more neutral…i mean just because we dont belong to your fan club doesnt mean we dont follow your career and everything.our care is there the same u no.

Not welcome???? This site has to be one of the friendliest forums or fanclubs around :sneaky2: and then some people go around giving it a bad name with nothing to back it up, just badmouthing for the sake of it.This shocks and saddens me.

Oh, plus the sweet irony of the sentence: 'just because we don't belong to your fanclub doesn't mean that we don't follow your career'

... errrr...hello....newsflash...Ok, I will drop it here before I actually get angrier and write what I REALLY would like to say about it all.

Sigh.

It might be someone who was actually a member but was banned for some reason or other. I don't know, just a thought....:blink:

It might be someone who was actually a member but was banned for some reason or other. I don't know, just a thought....:blink:

in that case she/he was banned with a reason. i, personally believe that the people here are great, and if someone didn't "fit in" it definitely wasn't the case to go around saying bad things about it.

I thought I'd come here and find 50 pages to read but found only like 12 from last night :blink::naughty:

I'm so excited!!! :yay: Even so I'm most probably won't be able to go to one the gigs :thumbdown: but anyways I'm happy with all the news! :cheerful_h4h:

in that case she/he was banned with a reason. i, personally believe that the people here are great, and if someone didn't "fit in" it definitely wasn't the case to go around saying bad things about it.

I know, i like this fan club very much and made some great friends here, i know not everytihng is bed of roses, but you can't know people and the way they react to things.

I've seen this in other forums i have been a part in, if someone was banned with a reason then that person will continue provoking outside the community, making up some nasty facts and such. :thumbdown:

It's going to be an interesting few weeks (hopefully weeks and not months! :boxed:) around here isn't it, waiting to see how this acoustic tour pans out!

I was thinking about this earlier and I don't see how Mika/his Management can really pinpoint, fairly, who are the fans who are most committed, other than by simply posting a presale link to everyone who is registered on MFC and Mikasounds and trusting that the tickets will reach as many committed fans as possible.

People are going to have a different definition of 'committed fan' aren't they.

There are those who have been to LOTS of gigs..nobody would doubt they are committed. But some of them may only have registered here quite recently.

But then there are also the ones who have been registered here for a long long time but maybe haven't been able to go to many, if any, gigs for different and perfectly valid reasons (like myself, or like the Aussie crowd for example). I consider myself a very committed Mika from the point of view of loving him as an artist, but I've only seen him live the once. My definition of committed may be different to another person's.

Even though it's not perfect, the only fair way to do it is to do what other artists do and post presale links on the forums...with maybe a heads-up tweet beforehand??

Then it's every Mika fan for herself! And himself! That's you Freddie! :naughty: Does he have any more male fans yet? :blink:

Oh yeah there's Perez too.

:naughty:

I had a golden retriever when I was a little kid and he has been killed by a car I so miss him :crybaby:

Oh that's terrible :thumbdown::shocked: Losing a pet is the worst, and if it's in an accident like that it must be truly awful. I'm very sorry.

It could be many situations, yes, I agree. What I have a big problem with is that they post that sheite on his blog, for the world to see, as if it was a fact.

Tossers.

And I bet you that they'd probably still come here to read stuff and get the news, ha!!

I know, i like this fan club very much and made some great friends here, i know not everytihng is bed of roses, but you can't know people and the way they react to things.

I've seen this in other forums i have been a part in, if someone was banned with a reason then that person will continue provoking outside the community, making up some nasty facts and such. :thumbdown:

you can't always get along with everybody, especially in a big group... but IMO everyone is being at their nicest in here, and i still haven't argued or found anyone that i disliked.

:D

but hey... no need to worry, people talk rubbish everywhere everyday. this just happens.

Yes, exactly the point that I was also trying to make :thumb_yello:.

I thought I'd come here and find 50 pages to read but found only like 12 from last night

I'm so excited!!!

Even so I'm most probably won't be able to go to one the gigs but anyways I'm happy with all the news! :cheerful_h4h:

What, not even in NL??

It's going to be an interesting few weeks (hopefully weeks and not months! :boxed:) around here isn't it, waiting to see how this acoustic tour pans out!

I was thinking about this earlier and I don't see how Mika/his Management can really pinpoint, fairly, who are the fans who are most committed, other than by simply posting a presale link to everyone who is registered on MFC and Mikasounds and trusting that the tickets will reach as many committed fans as possible.

People are going to have a different definition of 'committed fan' aren't they.

There are those who have been to LOTS of gigs..nobody would doubt they are committed. But some of them may only have registered here quite recently.

But then there are also the ones who have been registered here for a long long time but maybe haven't been able to go to many, if any, gigs for different and perfectly valid reasons (like myself, or like the Aussie crowd for example). I consider myself a very committed Mika from the point of view of loving him as an artist, but I've only seen him live the once. My definition of committed may be different to another person's.

Even though it's not perfect, the only fair way to do it is to do what other artists do and post presale links on the forums...with maybe a heads-up tweet beforehand??

Then it's every Mika fan for herself! And himself! That's you Freddie! :naughty: Does he have any more male fans yet? :blink:

Oh yeah there's Perez too.

But Mika never said 'commited'. He just made a very clear allusion to the time factor: people who had been 'with him' for the last few years. And that is just how it is.

These are not my words, they are Mika's.

The man has made it clearer and clearer, staring at the 280208 Brixton party, and carrying on on occasions such as now.

It's not as black and white as to how many gigs one has gone to, or anything of the sorts. It ends up coming back to whether one has been supporting him for a while, or has just discovered him. Nothing less, nothing more.

you can't always get along with everybody, especially in a big group... but IMO everyone is being at their nicest in here, and i still haven't argued or found anyone that i disliked.

:D

but hey... no need to worry, people talk rubbish everywhere everyday. this just happens.

I agree with what you said, there is no ammunity from people talking rubbish, but i think that in this praticular case it was not nessecary (spelling?!), as its a great place to communicate with other fans. :thumb_yello:

Sigh.

That's sad. We're the most loving forum I've ever been on.

What, not even in NL??

But Mika never said 'commited'. He just made a very clear allusion to the time factor: people who had been 'with him' for the last few years. And that is just how it is.

The man has made it clearer and clearer, staring at the 280208 Brixton party, and carrying on on occasions such as now.

It's not as black and white as to how many gigs one has gone to, or anything of the sorts. It ends up coming back to whether one has been supporting him for a while, or has just discovered him. Nothing less, nothing more.

But, how does he know someone is supporting him from the beginning. I mean, he knows that you do because he knows you. But there are many fans he doesn't know who have been following him for a long time.

Yes you're right, he didn't use the word committed, he did say people who have been with him from the start. I see what you are saying and I think I see what Mika is intending.

And the worry is of course that MFC will be inundated with 'new fans' now hoping to get their hands on those tickets. To put on eBay.:sneaky2:

So what does he do..restrict the presale to people who registered before a certain cut-off date?? It soon gets complicated doesn't it. But who knows, he may have to do that if he's serious about rewarding long-term fans.

Oh I don't know the answer! It's all up to fate :naughty: That's my excuse for everything these days :roftl:

What, not even in NL??

agree

I agree with what you said, there is no ammunity from people talking rubbish, but i think that in this praticular case it was not nessecary (spelling?!), as its a great place to communicate with other fans. :thumb_yello:

...and agree again :thumb_yello:

now, back to my medicines and back to bed. this time with a big grin :D

:mf_rosetinted:

photo16oeh.jpg

'With love and respect always' as in : 'Stop getting my goat, you twits :mad: , you'll get the dates of the acoustic tour when you get them. Full stop.

Meanwhile, keep drooling and going on Twitter as I have baited you with my mention of possible secret gigs :drool::licks_lips: ... ooops, I forgot to tell you that I had left the fish-hook in, did it hurt very much :emot-sad: ?

I am soooooo sorry, guys , I love you so much, you mean so much to me. With love and respect always...'

Oh that's terrible :thumbdown::shocked: Losing a pet is the worst, and if it's in an accident like that it must be truly awful. I'm very sorry.

That's sad. We're the most loving forum I've ever been on.

No problem I have another puppy :blush-anim-cl:

I totally agree people here are the nicest persons I met :wub2:

But, how does he know someone is supporting him from the beginning. I mean, he knows that you do because he knows you. But there are many fans he doesn't know who have been following him for a long time.

Yes you're right, he didn't use the word committed, he did say people who have been with him from the start. I see what you are saying and I think I see what Mika is intending.

And the worry is of course that MFC will be inundated with 'new fans' now hoping to get their hands on those tickets. To put on eBay.:sneaky2:

So what does he do..restrict the presale to people who registered before a certain cut-off date?? It soon gets complicated doesn't it. But who knows, he may have to do that if he's serious about rewarding long-term fans.

Oh I don't know the answer! It's all up to fate :naughty: That's my excuse for everything these days :roftl:

Yep, you're right, and that is the problem. I have no clue either of how it could be done 'properly', and how they will manage it.

All the points that you made are valid, and the scenarios mentioned are the ones that we've discussed over and over again when we were trying to come up with 'solutions' to the whole 'fan/priority pre-sale' thing, and sadly, it's quite a complex situation, especially considering how this fanclub has not yet been 'officially' organised yet.

I guess that we can just wait and see, and live in hope, what else? And maybe if the tickets do end up on ebay Mika can somehow buy them and get them out to the fans again hahahahaha

Now that would be a novel way of handling touts :roftl:.

And maybe if the tickets do end up on ebay Mika can somehow buy them and get them out to the fans again hahahahaha[/color]

Now that would be a novel way of handling touts :roftl:.

Now you're talkin'!!

:shocked::naughty:

Come on Mika, if you can stump up for that big Paris thingy whatsit last year then bidding on hundreds of tickets should be a doddle. It's for the fans :mf_rosetinted:

'With love and respect always' as in : 'Stop getting my goat, you twits :mad: , you'll get the dates of the acoustic tour when you get them. Full stop.

Meanwhile, keep drooling and going on Twitter as I have baited you with my mention of possible secret gigs :drool::licks_lips: ... ooops, I forgot to tell you that I had left the fish-hook in, did it hurt very much :emot-sad: ?

I am soooooo sorry, guys , I love you so much, you mean so much to me. With love and respect always...'

:shocked:

Yours was the first post i read when i got here so i read back to see if it was a joke, but realised it wasn't...

I usually read your comments and all, but this time i am just...:shocked:

Why are you putting words in Mika's mouth he'd never say?

Why do you come to his fanclub and say these nasty things??

It's not that i am picking or you or even dislike u but after a Mika blog and twitter session like last night's this was the worst possible comment i would like to read today...

And i don't intend to be nasty but just hope whoever your identical twin is let's just hope he's not as nasty as you when he's expressing his feelings...

I'm sorry but u shocked me!

Sorry guys, i don't like to make a fuss out of things and i normally come here to post funny things but this one just got me really bad!