Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG! HOLLAND! I MUST GO THERE! I JUST HAVE TO!

And I hope Vanessa and me (and my mom and sister possibly) can get hold of tickets when it's time.

OMG! Maybe I can make it to Belgium aswell. ZOMG!

EXCITEMENT!:shocked::roftl:

Sorry, you should see me bouncing around right now:naughty:

:shocked:

Yours was the first post i read when i got here so i read back to see if it was a joke, but realised it wasn't...

I usually read your comments and all, but this time i am just...:shocked:

Why are you putting words in Mika's mouth he'd never say?

Why do you come to his fanclub and say these nasty things??

It's not that i am picking or you or even dislike u but after a Mika blog and twitter session like last night's this was the worst possible comment i would like to read today...

And i don't intend to be nasty but just hope whoever your identical twin is let's just hope he's not as nasty as you when he's expressing his feelings...

I'm sorry but u shocked me!

Sorry guys, i don't like to make a fuss out of things and i normally come here to post funny things but this one just got me really bad!

You're so right Carla, it looks like she's only here to post nasty comments and to put us down.....:sneaky2:

And I hope Vanessa and me (and my mom and sister possibly) can get hold of tickets when it's time.

I can't, roo busy bouncing around myself..:naughty::naughty: whoop!

Hmm, let's see...

The Twitter account is his

He will blog when he has news and not until

He will not neglect the vlogs because he is too busy with Twitter

He finds people yapping at him incessantly irritating

He wants to reward the people who have been with him "for years" (as opposed to someone who jumps on the bandwagon tomorrow)

Funny I seem to have heard this all somewhere before. :blink:

Wait, oh yes! I've been saying these things ad nauseam to repeated arguments to the contrary. :wink2:

Thank you Mika. :thumb_yello:

If they are clueless they can check how Queen + PR released pre-sales tickets to their fans... It was through a simple mail coming from their official website. All registered users got a mail with a link...

This sounds sensible but it will be a disaster unless they do it with much advance notice. I do not get my emails from Mikasounds until 48 hours after people on MFC start reporting that they've received theirs. For whatever reason these emails are not delivered in a timely manner.

I got an email about Adele's presale 3 minutes after they went on sale. My guess is the email went out on the dot and took 3 mins to arrive. If the email had come from Mikasounds the presale would have been closed before I even received it.

My hope is like sariflor's that MFC will get first dibs...probably just wishful thinking, but that's what I'd like to see in this case.

Yes no system is going to be perfectly fair to every single fan who deserves access to presale tickets, but that's no reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Better that 95% of the fans who've been with him for years get these tickets than that they just go out willy nilly to any one of a few hundred thousand people who are likely on his mailing list. Because if hundreds of thousands of people have access to a 600-seat venue then the chances of the long time fans getting their hands on them are going to be much lower than 95%.

:shocked:

Yours was the first post i read when i got here so i read back to see if it was a joke, but realised it wasn't...

I usually read your comments and all, but this time i am just...:shocked:

Why are you putting words in Mika's mouth he'd never say?

Why do you come to his fanclub and say these nasty things??

It's not that i am picking or you or even dislike u but after a Mika blog and twitter session like last night's this was the worst possible comment i would like to read today...

And i don't intend to be nasty but just hope whoever your identical twin is let's just hope he's not as nasty as you when he's expressing his feelings...

I'm sorry but u shocked me!

Sorry guys, i don't like to make a fuss out of things and i normally come here to post funny things but this one just got me really bad!

Yeah I must say I also read the comment with raised eyebrows:blink:

He probably didn't save the settings to put it on private before it fully loaded, so it went public for a little bit before it was taken away again.

He may be waiting for something to fully finish, or to post another blog with the link :fisch:

In any case it looks very exciting and promising, although the hat is not my cup of tea :roftl:

So what does he do..restrict the presale to people who registered before a certain cut-off date?? It soon gets complicated doesn't it. But who knows, he may have to do that if he's serious about rewarding long-term fans.

I would be in then, on both sites....:groupwave:

I am an 'old' fan in all terms:biggrin2:

That's exactly what a couple of us were debating last night. How exactly will he/they make the distinction if it goes straight out to his site, that someone who found him tomorrow can just go to and get tix before someone else who has followed him for years?

There are many longtime commited fans and I agree that not all of them are in his fanclub, but I'd say that 99% of them are. So I guess that what would make most sense is that he does a fanclub thing first and then send it out to the mikasounds site and then the rest of the world...

It will be difficult, and I can see that it will probably be one of those situations where, despite Mika's best intentions, Team Mika manage to fluff it all up in spectacular fashion once again.

Mika himself has made his intention incredibly clear in his blog, by saying: "to fans who have been with me for the past few years", so I hope that this, together with the realisation that these venues are going to be tiny, he sorts it out so that these fans do get the first dibs :wink2:.

I know that it's pointless to be negative from the word go, and that being positive or negative won't make a difference, but after seeing the management of past events, sadly I don't hold much hope about the way this will work out. So here's to hoping that they WILL sort it out and do it properly, starting a new era in Mika event management :roftl:.

So Mika, if you read this, please make sure that it all works out and your actual commited, long time fans get the fist chance to tickets.

But, how does he know someone is supporting him from the beginning. I mean, he knows that you do because he knows you. But there are many fans he doesn't know who have been following him for a long time.

I'm worried about this!:blink:

To not fully understand what I have to do to get a ticket in a given moment.

It's important that we discuss and write about it in here for many resons!:thumb_yello:

Hey! Why not: and I hope Ingie can get a ticket as well:sneaky2:

Hey! Why not: and I hope Ingie can get a ticket as well:sneaky2:

You too ofcourse, but I said Vanessa and me cause she would stay at my place next time he would give a gig here.:wink2:

I just hope they will really give it to ''early fans'' (hate that word) and not just to people who only joined recently.

If I can't go, I will die.:roftl:

Ok, Alice, note for the future: In situations like these, you back up first, then post :naughty:.

Did you back up???

Hmm, let's see...

He wants to reward the people who have been with him "for years" (as opposed to someone who jumps on the bandwagon tomorrow)

Wait, oh yes! I've been saying these things ad nauseam to repeated arguments to the contrary. :wink2:

This sounds sensible but it will be a disaster unless they do it with much advance notice. I do not get my emails from Mikasounds until 48 hours after people on MFC start reporting that they've received theirs. For whatever reason these emails are not delivered in a timely manner.

I got an email about Adele's presale 3 minutes after they went on sale. My guess is the email went out on the dot and took 3 mins to arrive. If the email had come from Mikasounds the presale would have been closed before I even received it.

My hope is like sariflor's that MFC will get first dibs...probably just wishful thinking, but that's what I'd like to see in this case.

Yes no system is going to be perfectly fair to every single fan who deserves access to presale tickets, but that's no reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Better that 95% of the fans who've been with him for years get these tickets than that they just go out willy nilly to any one of a few hundred thousand people who are likely on his mailing list. Because if hundreds of thousands of people have access to a 600-seat venue then the chances of the long time fans getting their hands on them are going to be much lower than 95%.

Thanks for that, Christine. I fully agree, and you expressed it very well. Let's hope that 'someone' is listening.

You're so right Carla, it looks like she's only here to post nasty comments and to put us down.....:sneaky2:

I agree with you both...it's hard to understand why someone are doing posts like that!:thumbdown:

Hmm, let's see...

And thank you Christine!:wub2:

Persistent people are people I like!:wink2:

And yes I have the same delay with emails from mikasounds!

But, how does he know someone is supporting him from the beginning. I mean, he knows that you do because he knows you. But there are many fans he doesn't know who have been following him for a long time.

exactly! this is going to be drama in the worst case.