The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

Zoe just posted this update in Teeg's Get Well thread ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey peoples, just a quick update as I'm tired and I've been working on getting ready all the messages from you guys... pages and pages of emails and messages and I've got a headache so it's time for bed... now I had a call from my parents tonight telling me that Tegan had another seizure, which isn't a good thing atm so I'm not sure what's doing about whether she will be in Sydney longer than expected or not... I think my parents are deliberately keeping Nathan and I in the dark... good thing is we're leaving very early in the morning tomorrow... *looks at time* okay, today so I'll hopefully know exactly what's going out for you all very soon...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:tears: Let's keep on sending Teegs healing vibes ... :wub2:

**** :tears: That sounds bad. That sounds really bad :crybaby:

:tears: :tears: :tears::crybaby:

(by the way, can we always do this, post whatever updates are in the get well thread here, I check here first and more often, and I think a lot of people do)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I posted it here cos the front page was moving fast ... & I wanted to make sure you all saw it ...

So, yeah ... why not ?!

If you guys see new posts from Zoe when I'm not here ... just post them in our thread also ...

Kelzy is conspicuous by her absence ... I wonder if she has traveled to Sydney ... ??

Anyone know ??

:dunno:

Well, I posted it here cos the front page was moving fast ... & I wanted to make sure you all saw it ...

So, yeah ... why not ?!

If you guys see new posts from Zoe when I'm not here ... just post them in our thread also ...

Kelzy is conspicuous by her absence ... I wonder if she has traveled to Sydney ... ??

Anyone know ??

:dunno:

Yes I was thinking that too, because Zoe gave her the go ahead for non-family visitors, but didn't she go to Melbourne with Kobii? How long is that for? :blink:

I want to buy this, should I buy this? I think I need this: http://www.digitalhome.com.au/Computers_and_IT/Storage/Maxtor/MXT3101_1TB_BASICS_HDD/29846

Although I haven't really been looking at prices for very long, but I have been thinking about it for a while, so I don't actually know if this is as cheap as they get, anyone have any experience with external hard drives?

Why do you need any kind of alarm, when you never sleep :naughty:

I got ripped off at Subway today - I ordered a 6 inch and as I was getting stuff on it I was like "that's a mighty short 6 inch", and then I saw the person after me's AND IT WAS CUT ON BOTH ENDS! THAT ****ING SLAG WAS CUTTING THEM INTO THREE PIECES!!! THEY ARE CALLED ****ING 6 INCH SUBS, NOT 4 INCH, SLAG! :mad3:

Tut, tut! Language my little troggy :roftl:

P1040894.jpg

Here's what I bought today

Okay, so I bought the stockings a few days ago, but I still haven't worn them so they count as new

Did I miss something? Have you won the lottery B?

Zoe just posted this update in Teeg's Get Well thread ...

Hey peoples, just a quick update as I'm tired and I've been working on getting ready all the messages from you guys... pages and pages of emails and messages and I've got a headache so it's time for bed... now I had a call from my parents tonight telling me that Tegan had another seizure, which isn't a good thing atm so I'm not sure what's doing about whether she will be in Sydney longer than expected or not... I think my parents are deliberately keeping Nathan and I in the dark... good thing is we're leaving very early in the morning tomorrow... *looks at time* okay, today so I'll hopefully know exactly what's going out for you all very soon...

Let's keep on sending Teegs healing vibes ...

Teegs is a fighter and with us all sending our healing vibes she will absolutely recover!

**** That sounds bad. That sounds really bad

(by the way, can we always do this, post whatever updates are in the get well thread here, I check here first and more often, and I think a lot of people do)

Stay positive OKD. Teegs is strong, she will get through this.

*agrees*...I didn't know there was a get well thread *slaps self for not realising there would be one* :doh:

So, yeah ... why not ?!

Anyone know ??

I haven't heard anything for a couple of days either so I was thinking the same thing. I hope she's ok?

Grrrr the quote button won't load.

But - you know full well that I do sleep. (during mikamite meetups) :naughty:

I won the "i'm earning $20 a night for doing almost nothing" lotto (of course you come online exactly when I do anything), and I've always been in the "everything I buy is always massively discounted" lotto. :naughty: That sentence doesn't even make sense.

:cheerful_h4h::tears:

AND OMG LOOK AT THIS:

http://www.digitalhome.com.au/Computers_and_IT/Storage/Maxtor/MXT3101_1TB_BASICS_HDD/29846

and then this:

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/products/index.php/computers/hard-drives/maxtor-basics-3-5-1tb-external-hard-drive.html

That's right ladies and ladies, it's the exact same model of hard drive, one priced $167 dollars and one priced $199 at a store that offers a 110% price difference refund lowest price gaurantee!! :groovy:

It's a sign that I need to buy this hard drive. From Harvey Norman :cheerful_h4h::naughty:

You know, ultimately, in a world where everyone shops around for the cheapest possible way to scrounge the thing they want, the store with the highest priced item wins out. They get the sale. Because I read the terms and conditions and I always assumed you could play the system if you wanted and go back and forth but the way they have it set up you can't do that (you have to buy it and then provide the evidence and THEN you get 110% of the difference back). So then, you'll always go to the store with the highest price because you can show them the lower price and end up getting the lowest price. And stupid people who don't shop around will walk in there and just buy it at the expensive price and it's really a win-win situation to have things priced highly. Although there is probably an in-between of people who are stingy enough to look at a few different stores for the cheapest price, but not stingy enough to bother taking the expensive store up on their lowest price offer. Or perhaps they have some kind of morals that incline them to buy from the cheapest store. Why the crap am I crapping on about something so pointless? I'm going to bed. And tomorrow I am sooo buying a hard drive from Harvey Norman. But I might stinge around a few more stores to see if I can find a cheaper one that JB hifi or a more expensive one with a 110% difference back offer than Harvey Norman :biggrin2:

Today I got up at 8.30, yes, you heard me, left to rush down to a house viewing, realised I had NO fuel, went to fill up, missed the house viewing, went there anyway to have a snoop, then took Ambrose down to the river to see if there was some kind of walk path, there was, and it was a FANTASTIC walk path, lots of birdies and grass and filthy water for Ambrose to play with, and it went for ever and ever, I kept expecting it to loop around but it just kept going and going along the river and after an hour we had to turn around and come back, Ambrose is currently dead on my bed and I am typing this, but when I finish I plan on going down to Carousel (big shopping centre around the corner) because in my whole time here I still haven't had the chance to actually look at the WHOLE thing, just little bits, and as Ambrose is completely dead at the moment, now is a perfect time to do so, as he wont notice me gone, and then this afternoon I might return to the river with Ambrose AND my camera, because it was quite pretty and tomorrow is my last day here but tomorrow I want to go to a forum on animal experimentation in the city because it's being held by this guy who did all this work to make conscientious objection possible at Murdoch and I really admire him and I emailed him a few times and he is finally coming back to Perth for something :original: .

Do you know there are no full stops in this at all?

Why do you need any kind of alarm, when you never sleep :naughty:

:lmfao:!!!

Did I miss something? Have you won the lottery B?

Hey missy - there was a deal, remember? If you win in the lottery, then this means a private Kooks gig for us all together! :naughty:

(Or was that a deal I just had with the Meyer twins? :blink:)

Teegs is a fighter and with us all sending our healing vibes she will absolutely recover!

Stay positive OKD. Teegs is strong, she will get through this.

I feel so ENORMOUSLY ****. I can't stop thinking about it and I can't do anything (and then I'm also on the very other side of the world which is a tad bit frustrating now :crybaby:). And I havent posted in her Get Well Soon -thread as well. I'm so so so sooo bad at things like that and just typing down the 10,000 Get Well Soon is just... ugh, if only we could do SOMETHING :crybaby:. Frick.

Edited by Petra

Hahaha :biggrin2:

I went to Carousel aaaand I bought a toy for Piggy, a dress, sunglasses and dinner (canned soup. I blame you, CD :sneaky2:). Too late to go for a walk again and Ambrose is still dead. And everyone is really busy in the clinic today so I haven't bought a collar yet.

Sorry OKD. Will get on it today, I promise.

As for the rest of you, Howdy.

Yes I was thinking that too, because Zoe gave her the go ahead for non-family visitors, but didn't she go to Melbourne with Kobii? How long is that for? :blink:

I want to buy this, should I buy this? I think I need this: http://www.digitalhome.com.au/Computers_and_IT/Storage/Maxtor/MXT3101_1TB_BASICS_HDD/29846

Although I haven't really been looking at prices for very long, but I have been thinking about it for a while, so I don't actually know if this is as cheap as they get, anyone have any experience with external hard drives?

I have a external hard drive and is the best thing because I can hook it up to my laptop and then my bf's pc... Maxtor is a good brand as well ... :thumb_yello:

My SILVER! *blows kiss* :wub2:

Hey CD...great to be back!

Hello and Welcome! Good to see the QLD numbers boosted:wink2: Are you having fun yet or are we frightening you too much:naughty:

Ahhh Petra, a girl with taste and class:naughty:

Just because you asked so nicely, I promise I won't leave you again....volutarily that is.

OMG, I've missed Ambrose and his adventures:wub2:

I'm doing well and not easily scared :thumb_yello:

BEC, I'm so slow, shpould have told you about this ages ago: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=5066918&blogId=496516939

They send you free something with numbers posters :das:

Their here sometime next weekend so prob too late now :naughty: I still haven't bought tickets, because I'm not sure I'm going at the moment, as much as I want to. It all depends on things.

I'm exhausted from my gc holiday, as short as it was it was jam packed. Got home late last night and slept, and today I have to unpack and deal with photos etc. Then tomorrow I need to find my littlest sister a birthday present, and tuesday I think I'm off to mum's house for one or two nights for littlest sister's 7th birthday.

So how is everyone. I've been reading the thread, and posted once, but phones are a bitch to try internets from

Hi y'all :huglove:

I went to Geelong with Kobii because we both needed some time out.. I'm in Blahblah now though. I can't go to Sydney yet. Mother Melzy is going away for a few days and it was already organised. Also, I'm Crohn'sey so I'll need a few days to get it under control. Tuesday evening is the earliest I would leave for Sydney.

I see you've all been up to your usual mischief :das:

Do you know there are no full stops in this at all?

And your point? It was my day summarized in one short sentence :naughty:

Sorry OKD. Will get on it today, I promise.

As for the rest of you, Howdy.

:naughty:

I have a external hard drive and is the best thing because I can hook it up to my laptop and then my bf's pc... Maxtor is a good brand as well ... :thumb_yello:

Well way to make me feel even worse about not having one right now! :naughty: I just went down to the shops to get it. And I had a plan, I was going to go to JB Hi-fi and ask them what's the difference between the $160 one and the $200 one and why you would pay more for the $200 one, and then if they said the cheaper one was better I'd get the cheaper one, and if they say the more expenive one was better I'd say it was cheaper at Harvey Norman and if they don't bring the price down then I'd go to Harvey Norman :biggrin2: But then I got there and .. EVERYTHING was closed. There is a massive shopping strip on Albany highway with Carousel and then ALL of them big stores like Harvey Norman etc, and EVERYTHING was closed. It's school holidays! It was 2pm! WHAT! Everything is open in Rockingham until 5.30 on Sundays, the whole city of Rockingham is smaller than the shopping strip here! And now I'm sad because I'm leaving here tonight and Kalamunda, where I'm going, is in the hills and thus the middle of nowhere and probably doesn't have a single electrical store, let alone several competing ones :tears:

Their here sometime next weekend so prob too late now :naughty: I still haven't bought tickets, because I'm not sure I'm going at the moment, as much as I want to. It all depends on things.

:tears: But-but, it's their last tour before they stop to write the next album :tears:

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, do they play songs from the second album live still? Like Goodbye Mickey Flinn, Chase the Chaser, Lay Me Down? I'm kind of obsessed with the second album at the moment :naughty:

Hi y'all

I went to Geelong with Kobii because we both needed some time out.. I'm in Blahblah now though. I can't go to Sydney yet. Mother Melzy is going away for a few days and it was already organised. Also, I'm Crohn'sey so I'll need a few days to get it under control. Tuesday evening is the earliest I would leave for Sydney.

I'm like, psychic :naughty: Nice to hear you and Bec had a nice past few days :cheerful_h4h:

:tears: But-but, it's their last tour before they stop to write the next album :tears:

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, do they play songs from the second album live still? Like Goodbye Mickey Flinn, Chase the Chaser, Lay Me Down? I'm kind of obsessed with the second album at the moment :naughty:

Last time I saw them they played some. I still haven't got that album though, I should get it.

And I know, but it's a busy time for me. If I'm here *points to my house* then I'll see them Sunday night

Though not at my house obviously, but in my town

Edited by soangel

Sorting through them now : wink2: There's a few duplicates/different angles I have to pick the best from etc

Ok then!

*inserts msn creepy finger tapping smiley*

fingertap.gif

And your point? It was my day summarized in one short sentence naughty:

Short? :shocked:

I'm like, psychic : naughty: Nice to hear you and Bec had a nice past few days :cheerful_h4h:

But, you said I'd gone to Melbourne :naughty:

We were going to Melbourne, but driving around Geelong is so much more fun.. Especially since I know my way around.. Which reminds me, I have pics for Blue Sky of her old place.. *uploads*

Also, Renee Bargh, Channel V presenter (my new fingers2.gif:naughty: ) tweeted me back today and said she will find out when her Mika interview will air on Channel V for us. :thumb_yello:

*worships her*

This was posted today at 12:30pm by Teegs's mum ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Tegan and family. A quick update teegs is happier in herself today. They are trying to get her medications right. If all goes well she will be moved to a general ward tomorrow after another MRI. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Please keep it up as it seems to be working. Talk to you soon, love Tegans mum (Paula)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds promising ! :original::wub2:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Tegan and family. A quick update teegs is happier in herself today. They are trying to get her medications right. If all goes well she will be moved to a general ward tomorrow after another MRI. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Please keep it up as it seems to be working. Talk to you soon, love Tegans mum (Paula)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:cheerful_h4h:!

Rupert Grint has the swine flu :blink:

Up on facebook now :wink2:

Yay :pinkbow:

It does indeed! I hope they aren't moving her around to often though.

I had no idea who you meant - at first. :naughty:

Also, Renee Bargh, Channel V presenter (my new fingers2.gif:naughty: ) tweeted me back today and said she will find out when her Mika interview will air on Channel V for us. :thumb_yello:

*worships her*

But not me :crybaby:

Oh yes, I heard about that. Apparently he is mostly better and no longer contagious. He's going to be at the Half-Blood Prince premiere. And he's on Rove tonight (I'm pretty sure they recorded that a while ago though)! :groovy: