The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First you mock my age, then you ridicule my typing :shun:

:shocked: But!! I held back on making a comment about your eyesight and not being able to see much without your glasses on, hence the typo and not being able to see Mika on the TV.. :naughty:

:shocked: But!! I held back on making a comment about your eyesight and not being able to see much without your glasses on, hence the typo and not being able to see Mika on the TV.. :naughty:

:tongue2:

You know, ultimately, in a world where everyone shops around for the cheapest possible way to scrounge the thing they want, the store with the highest priced item wins out. They get the sale. Because I read the terms and conditions and I always assumed you could play the system if you wanted and go back and forth but the way they have it set up you can't do that (you have to buy it and then provide the evidence and THEN you get 110% of the difference back). So then, you'll always go to the store with the highest price because you can show them the lower price and end up getting the lowest price. And stupid people who don't shop around will walk in there and just buy it at the expensive price and it's really a win-win situation to have things priced highly. Although there is probably an in-between of people who are stingy enough to look at a few different stores for the cheapest price, but not stingy enough to bother taking the expensive store up on their lowest price offer. Or perhaps they have some kind of morals that incline them to buy from the cheapest store. Why the crap am I crapping on about something so pointless? I'm going to bed. And tomorrow I am sooo buying a hard drive from Harvey Norman. But I might stinge around a few more stores to see if I can find a cheaper one that JB hifi or a more expensive one with a 110% difference back offer than Harvey Norman :biggrin2:

Do you know there are no full stops in this at all?

haha- I just looked at the paragraph and decided it was too much for me to decipher!!

Glad to hear Teegs may be moved, I keep checking on here for updates.

Am going to get the kids ready for bed and then it is back to my new addiction- in the past 9 days I have read 3 and half books from the Twilight series and want to get to the end of Breaking Dawn- but know I will be devastated when i do, unless I go back and read them all again. Yes, I know I am very slow to jump on the Edward and Bella bandwagon.....:teehee:

Last time I saw them they played some. I still haven't got that album though, I should get it.

And I know, but it's a busy time for me. If I'm here *points to my house* then I'll see them Sunday night

Though not at my house obviously, but in my town

Yay! Ooh, yeah, it's good, I got it on ebay :naughty: It comes with a good dvd like engineering the soul too :biggrin2:

But, you said I'd gone to Melbourne

We were going to Melbourne, but driving around Geelong is so much more fun.. Especially since I know my way around.. Which reminds me, I have pics for Blue Sky of her old place.. *uploads*

Also, Renee Bargh, Channel V presenter (my new fingers2.gif ) tweeted me back today and said she will find out when her Mika interview will air on Channel V for us.

*worships her*

Jeez Louise! You can't expect me to know the exact geography of every state of Australia! :naughty:

yay! :biggrin2:

This was posted today at 12:30pm by Teegs's mum ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Tegan and family. A quick update teegs is happier in herself today. They are trying to get her medications right. If all goes well she will be moved to a general ward tomorrow after another MRI. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Please keep it up as it seems to be working. Talk to you soon, love Tegans mum (Paula)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds promising ! :wub2:

Oh yeah, I saw it and thought "hey, now I can post that in the aussie thread as per my own request" ... but then I forgot.

Rupert Grint has the swine flu

I heard that from Chris today, he is always ontop of this kind of news and claims to not like harrypotter/twilight etc, psssht, I'm on to him :teehee:

But not me :crybaby:

Then move to Australia and quit your blathering, woman!

Oh yes, I heard about that. Apparently he is mostly better and no longer contagious. He's going to be at the Half-Blood Prince premiere. And he's on Rove tonight (I'm pretty sure they recorded that a while ago though)!

Ooh!

haha- I just looked at the paragraph and decided it was too much for me to decipher!!

Am going to get the kids ready for bed and then it is back to my new addiction- in the past 9 days I have read 3 and half books from the Twilight series and want to get to the end of Breaking Dawn- but know I will be devastated when i do, unless I go back and read them all again. Yes, I know I am very slow to jump on the Edward and Bella bandwagon.....

A wise move, some might say :naughty:

:roftl: How many people didn't see that one coming?

I found this picture on my friend's friend's facebook :cheerful_h4h:

n514728058_2008476_5297554.jpg

Well way to make me feel even worse about not having one right now! :naughty: I just went down to the shops to get it. And I had a plan, I was going to go to JB Hi-fi and ask them what's the difference between the $160 one and the $200 one and why you would pay more for the $200 one, and then if they said the cheaper one was better I'd get the cheaper one, and if they say the more expenive one was better I'd say it was cheaper at Harvey Norman and if they don't bring the price down then I'd go to Harvey Norman :biggrin2: But then I got there and .. EVERYTHING was closed. There is a massive shopping strip on Albany highway with Carousel and then ALL of them big stores like Harvey Norman etc, and EVERYTHING was closed. It's school holidays! It was 2pm! WHAT! Everything is open in Rockingham until 5.30 on Sundays, the whole city of Rockingham is smaller than the shopping strip here! And now I'm sad because I'm leaving here tonight and Kalamunda, where I'm going, is in the hills and thus the middle of nowhere and probably doesn't have a single electrical store, let alone several competing ones :tears:

You would think that they wouldnt close on a school holiday but what can ya do ... :devil:

Also, Renee Bargh, Channel V presenter (my new fingers2.gif:naughty: ) tweeted me back today and said she will find out when her Mika interview will air on Channel V for us. :thumb_yello:

*worships her*

YAY YAY YAY YAY 4 channel V :wink2::thumb_yello: Will definitely tape that on Austar :)

Just wanna report that it is freakin' FREEZING outside here atm ... there is snow up in them thar hills ... :aah:

CD , you must be freezing your ar*e off in Canberra !! :boxed: *pats you*

Yes, well, I had to duck out last night to drop some library books back. I had on a tank top, with a t-shirt over, with a long sleeved shirt, with a cardigan, with a big polar fleece jacket, with a polar fleece vest. Also gloves, scarf and beanie. The bits of me that were exposed were cold, the rest was OK. So basically, just my face:naughty: (I would also like to mention that I had underwear and jeans and socks and fleecelined shoes on. Just in case anybody gets the wrong idea:wink2:)

*insert that creepy finger tapping smiley Kelzy used earlier*

I said I would get onto it. I didn't say it would be finished though:biggrin2: I have another question... Do you eat fish, eggs and dairy and do you eat pulses, legumes, canned beans etc?

What about tofu and vege-links and stuff like that?

YAY YAY YAY YAY 4 channel V : wink2: : thumb_yello: Will definitely tape that on Austar :)

YAY! :boing: indeed :naughty:

I don't have Austar or ... Foxtel ... or ...or .... nuthin' !!! : crybaby:

: shun:

But I do have crappy 'free to air' !!! : pinkbow: WooHoo !!! : biggrin2:

Actually, tbh, I'm a geeky ABC & SBS gal ... so I'm just fine : shun: :naughtywink2:

*pats* But we'll make sure you see it just the same as Silver will get to see it.. sensing a pattern here?? :naughty:

What's "austar"? Can't say I've ever heard of it. Is that like another foxtel or another tivo? :blink:

You really do live under a rock :roftl:

YAY! :boing: indeed :naughty:

*pats* But we'll make sure you see it just the same as Silver will get to see it.. sensing a pattern here?? :naughty:

You really do live under a rock :roftl:

I must live under the same rock. I don't have cable tv and was wondering what austar was as well.

I must live under the same rock. I don't have cable tv and was wondering what austar was as well.

Austar is essentially a version of foxtel available in areas which can't get foxtel, it has mostly the same channels etc, at least I think thats it. Its cable tv

Yes, well, I had to duck out last night to drop some library books back. I had on a tank top, with a t-shirt over, with a long sleeved shirt, with a cardigan, with a big polar fleece jacket, with a polar fleece vest. Also gloves, scarf and beanie. The bits of me that were exposed were cold, the rest was OK. So basically, just my face:naughty: (I would also like to mention that I had underwear and jeans and socks and fleecelined shoes on. Just in case anybody gets the wrong idea:wink2 : )

:lmfao: Sooo ... you weren't literally freezing your ar*e off then... :naughty:

Hello Auslings :huglove::bye:

It's still bloody cold outside ... :aah:

But we have a noice fire going ... :cheerful_h4h: