The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about grocery shopping and reading or writing the grocery list? Reading the menu at a restaurant. Going to the library. Reading street signs, store signs. Following song lyrics in a song book, at church.

I used some of those as examples for how teachers need to communicate with parents to get grasp of the literacy experiences children are engaged in (one of the studys I referenced involved researchers giving parents disposal cameras to take photos of the children engaged in literacy and numeracy activities, and things like that came back)

Oh my gosh, I had 5 in highschool, what is wrong with NSW? They make you go for an extra year AND make you do more classes?

Me either :tears:

I was going to say SD does extension subjects... but seems she's already explained it...

I've finished the first half of my critique (the numeracy half) but am now having trouble thinking up a good everyday out of school experience for young children in which literacy learning would take place, and which I can analyse and draw implications from, to use as my scenario. Anyone got a good one? (its for young children, around prep age)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Watching Sesame Street? :dunno:

8 is insane..

I did 5 in year 12 and 6 in year 11 (one of which was a year 12 unit)

I did 7 in yr 11 and 6 in yr 12... one of the subjects was a one unit subject though...

*counts yr 11 subjects - drama, english, maths, bio, geog, hosp, re*

Yeah, that's right, cause I dropped hospitality at the end of yr 11...

Are you sure he's for rental?:biggrin2:

Course he is... for that amount of money anyone would!

Melz, if Mika won't come, you could always hire Bono :das:

What about grocery shopping and reading or writing the grocery list? Reading the menu at a restaurant. Going to the library. Reading street signs, store signs. Following song lyrics in a song book, at church.

Oooooh.. good ones!

It is. But two of the subjects (the extensions) are only one unit each. So it adds up to 14 units, or the equivalent of 7 normal subjects.

And I meant to comment on this...

I did 7 subjects... I don't think it's too much!

And I did 13 units...

Prep is the first year of primary school here.

I think I might go with the children being read to/being taught to read by their parents... its just the analysing and all that that I need to do

The first year of primary school is year one here :naughty:

So, we can say "finger", and we can say "woman" - but "a" is the dirty word. :teehee:

In other news:

Wouldn't you all love the be one of the NZ people who had $10,000,000 put into their bank account by Westpac bank by mistake. :das:

hahahahahaahaha. Gosh, it's going to be hard to not use that word, they should probably create * filter for us.

Omigosh! No fair! So this is what I get for a lifetime of devotion to westpac - no random $10,000,000? Psht!

I have free shoes from athletes foot :cheerful_h4h:

And to confuse the issue further, kindergarted is the first year of school here, but in Vic kindergarten is before school (what we call preschool)...

I never got anything from Westpac... though I do have mum's commonwealth acct and it has staff priveledges... and she hasn't worked for them in 11 years!

technically she never worked for commonwealth, but she worked for colonial state bank and they were taken over by commonwealth...

Edited by nico_collard

Or maybe I could get you to ask him about it, seeing as you're going to see him very soon!

Chances of me even getting near enough to wave to him - let alone talk to him = 0%

I've finished the first half of my critique (the numeracy half) but am now having trouble thinking up a good everyday out of school experience for young children in which literacy learning would take place, and which I can analyse and draw implications from, to use as my scenario. Anyone got a good one? (its for young children, around prep age)

I was going to say shopping as well - my nephew used to spell out the letters on products when he went round the shops, when he was three :naughty:

:lmfao: I read that as 'I have free athletes foot from shoes' ... :lmao::teehee:

So did I :floor:

:naughty:

I'll tempt him with free "stuff" :pinkbow:

and some lego. :biggrin2:

From the latest pics, it looks like you'd do better with alcohol.:wink2:

He gets more like Mike every day. :rolls_eyes:

We have year 1 after Prep

And to confuse the issue further, kindergarted is the first year of school here, but in Vic kindergarten is before school (what we call preschool)...

They need an Australia wide system :naughty:

I was going to say shopping as well - my nephew used to spell out the letters on products when he went round the shops, when he was three :naughty:

I'm beginning to think I should have done shopping :naughty:

From the latest pics, it looks like you'd do better with alcohol.

He gets more like Mike every day. :rolls_eyes:

One day he will be Mike :shocked:

Hmm.. I am also putting off work. I desperately need to study Physics for tomorrow morning but I just don't feel like it. This is the scariest one.

I think I did okay on chemistry and religion! :thumb_yello:

I am soooo un-stoked for my Physics exam. Especially if it's at 9am the morning after the Coldplay concert...:fisch:

Are you sure he's for rental?:biggrin2:

:lmfao::das:

Chances of me even getting near enough to wave to him - let alone talk to him = 0%

if you hang around Freddie and Caz you might... you can even bee hte Aussie representative... :naughty:

They need an Australia wide system :naughty:

DQ... they are working towards a Aust wide curriculum... they really do need that...

Course he is... for that amount of money anyone would!

Melz, if Mika won't come, you could always hire Bono :das

I'd make Mika work for it by throwing a few grand at him for each song he played. Extra cash thrown if he dances in my face. Old bra's optional.

And Bono would be just as worthy.. And Jon of course. :fangurl:

Maybe both.. together..

hahahahahaahaha. Gosh, it's going to be hard to not use that word, they should probably create * filter for us.

I LOVE HILARY S****!!!!!!!!!

Omigosh! No fair! So this is what I get for a lifetime of devotion to westpac - no random $10,000,000? Psht!

I have free shoes from athletes foot :cheerful_h4h

:roftl:

:lmfao I read that as 'I have free athletes foot from shoes' ... :lmaoteehee:

Hahaha! Evening Miss K.

Are you planning on sitting back and avoiding the melee. :group_hug:

Wise, you are. But, Smell Mika, you won't. hmmmmm

From the latest pics, it looks like you'd do better with alcohol.:wink2 :

He gets more like Mike every day. :rolls_eyes :

Good point. Though I haven't seen the latest pics yet. You don't post them in here like you used to. I rely on that. You have no idea how many photos I'd probably have not seen if it wasn't for you and your pic postwhoring. :sneaky2:

And I love it. :punk: Wasn't very fond of "my sh!t don't stink" Mika.

One day he will be Mike :shocked :

And we'll all get hit on. :thumb_yello:

I am soooo un-stoked for my Physics exam. Especially if it's at 9am the morning after the Coldplay concert...:fisch:

I've now finished all exams but one (maths extension). I'm very hapy that this week is over. The cold I've been developing is now full-blown so throughout today's music and english extension exams (both of which required a lot of writing) I was pretty much on autopilot. I just wrote by instinct and given my lack of the ability to breathe properly it was probably a load of rubbish.

But I'm just relieved that they're almost done. :naughty:

Hi Motherrrgghh!!! :shun::huglove:

How are you today??

It's the same date, but time zones means we'll be finished before the Paris one begins. :das:

I am fine thanks :biggrin2:

Just chillin on the 'puter!! :groovy:

Ah - so if you had a tardis you could transport yourself over

for the Paris gig then? :wink2:

I've now finished all exams but one (maths extension). I'm very hapy that this week is over. The cold I've been developing is now full-blown so throughout today's music and english extension exams (both of which required a lot of writing) I was pretty much on autopilot. I just wrote by instinct and given my lack of the ability to breathe properly it was probably a load of rubbish.

But I'm just relieved that they're almost done. :naughty:

Well done! Hope you feel better soon.

Hell No! I'd never go to a paris gig. I'm not crazy. :teehee:

If we had a Tardis, we could travel back in time to the London gig instead or something like that :wink2:

SD hopes your cold gets better.

I went to uni today, but 5 minutes into the lecture it got cancelled (cos her powerpoints were in the wrong format and it'd take her too long to download a convert program :eyeroll:). So us education students decided not to sit around the 3 hours until the tute for the unit and went home, meaning the uni I was going to skip today if I went to Melb got skipped anyways.

In the end, I spent my little money until payday on sookie stackhouse books (since dad borrowed the first one off a friend and got me addicted enough to buy the second, which I finished today, so I brought the 3rd (also now finished) and the 4th. At times being a speed reader sucks)

If we had a Tardis, we could travel back in time to the London gig instead or something like that :wink2:

I wish we had a tardis... or a jetpack...

I'd make Mika work for it by throwing a few grand at him for each song he played. Extra cash thrown if he dances in my face. Old bra's optional.

And Bono would be just as worthy.. And Jon of course. :fangurl:

Maybe both.. together..

Good point. Though I haven't seen the latest pics yet. You don't post them in here like you used to. I rely on that. You have no idea how many photos I'd probably have not seen if it wasn't for you and your pic postwhoring. :sneaky2:

I could live with Bono and Jon together...

I haven't seen them either...

Well done! Hope you feel better soon.

Hell No! I'd never go to a paris gig. I'm not crazy. :teehee:

Me neither :mf_rosetinted:

SD: Congrats.! & hope you feel better soon too ... :wub2:

KELZ & WENDI: Me either ... :shun:

SOY: AGREE !!! I'd be heading for London to partaay with our friends from here !! :groovy:

Hello All !! :bye: