Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you actually serious? :shocked:

Yes... yes I am.

I've already bought my ticket, have to organise plane ticket and accomodation before i even think about the visa waiver thingy...

Does that mean I don't have to finish my part for the book today? :biggrin2:

That means you better get it done pretty soon cause I want to get all my TAFE stuff done the week before...

I'll likely take it with me and deliver it myself...

I just bought a ticket to see Mika in New York City...

Are. You. Sh*tting. Me????

OMG THAT IS SO FANTASTIC!!! :woot_jump::biggrin2:

And you haven't been out of Aus, right??? EEE I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

(And just a weeny bit jealous...)

Other than that, heggo Australia...there are about 30 pages to read back on and I am supposedly already in bed (:teehee:) so I will love you all and leave you, Mike-style :naughty:

Are. You. Sh*tting. Me????

OMG THAT IS SO FANTASTIC!!! :woot_jump::biggrin2:

And you haven't been out of Aus, right??? EEE I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

(And just a weeny bit jealous...)

Other than that, heggo Australia...there are about 30 pages to read back on and I am supposedly already in bed (:teehee:) so I will love you all and leave you, Mike-style :naughty:

No, I am not ****ting you...

Nope... trip out of Oz ever...

:woot_jump:

Interesting reactions from the family... Dad said "You're an idiot, and I'd prefer if you went by yourself."

Mum hasn't said anything... yet.

Zoe squealed a bit and wants a "I love NY" t shirt...

Nathan made a smart arse comment... which is nothing new...

Hello all. I got music and maths extension (I only did this one yesterday afternoon!) back today. I passed them both. I was really pleased with maths extension. The study really paid off. I wasn't too pleased with music but the teacher marked them really harshly, so it's okay.

What? Why'd they do that?

Well, Brian and Roger haven't really addressed it yet. I'm waiting for Brian to give an explanation on his website. But there was a piece of news posted saying..

'The next time Rodgers tours, it probably won’t be with Queen. After spending a lot of time with them the past couple years, it seems he’s amicably parted ways with the legendary group.

“Well, you know, we did a world tour, we did a second tour of Europe and the Far East and Eastern Europe and we did a studio album and I think we’re kind of leaving it there gently. It’s out there for us to do things in the future if there’s something, a huge charity say like Nelson Mandela, I’m always open to that, but I think we are pretty much done.”'

No idea what you are talking about, but this reminds me, I am sooo excited fro Sims 3. Want it so bad, it comes out next week, but I can't get it until after exams obviously :naughty:

I know! I can't wait! I'm getting it for my birthday (9th of June)! :groovy::biggrin2:

:shocked: You're insane!

But that's completely amazing!!! How exciting! :biggrin2:

Well, Brian and Roger haven't really addressed it yet. I'm waiting for Brian to give an explanation on his website. But there was a piece of news posted saying..

'The next time Rodgers tours, it probably won’t be with Queen. After spending a lot of time with them the past couple years, it seems he’s amicably parted ways with the legendary group.

“Well, you know, we did a world tour, we did a second tour of Europe and the Far East and Eastern Europe and we did a studio album and I think we’re kind of leaving it there gently. It’s out there for us to do things in the future if there’s something, a huge charity say like Nelson Mandela, I’m always open to that, but I think we are pretty much done.”'

:shocked: You're insane!

But that's completely amazing!!! How exciting! :biggrin2:

Ooooh... as long as it was amicable...

Yes I am insane...

Now I just have to sort out flights and accomodation...

:jawdrop: ZOMFG !!! That is awesome Teegs !!! :woot_jump::clap:

So are you going on your own ?? :das:

WOW ... first time out of OZ & you chose NYC !! :roftl:

Was the ticket horribly expensive ?? :boxed:

HIYA SUZY !!! :bye: You Lucky Duck !!! :aah::huglove::biggrin2:

Can`t you just drop everything, spend a few thousand dollars and make a spontaneous decision to come too (like Teegs) ? :teehee:

Be nice to meet ya also.... :wub2:

Can`t you just drop everything, spend a few thousand dollars and make a spontaneous decision to come too (like Teegs) ? :teehee:

Ooooooooh .... I WISH !!! :wub2: But I literally don't have the cash to do so ... & were I to borrow ... it would be a lot of money ... with no immediate way of paying it back ... :boxed:

I don't know the airfare to USA ...but I do know that it's between 2-2 & 1/2 to London ... :sneaky2:

Ooooooooh .... I WISH !!! :wub2: But I literally don't have the cash to do so ... & were I to borrow ... it would be a lot of money ... with no immediate way of paying it back ... :boxed:

I don't know the airfare to USA ...but I do know that it's between 2-2 & 1/2 to London ... :sneaky2:

Mine`s all booked on credit at the moment too... but it costs much less from where I`m coming from. I could actually drive there in about 8 hours.

I am positive that I will one day make my way down to Oz and meet you whole lot. :wub2:

Teegs - I`m in New York most of the Monday (day before the gig). I fly in at noon. So we can hopefully meet up sometime this day, and we can really do most of our chatting in the queue the next day too! And then I leave Wednesday morning, so I won`t really get to see you after the gig unless we have an early breakfast. I`m staying at the Clarion SoHo which is a 4 minute cab ride to the venue or a 13 minute walk. We can exchange phone numbers later. :biggrin2:

Mine`s all booked on credit at the moment too... but it costs much less from where I`m coming from. I could actually drive there in about 8 hours.

I am positive that I will one day make my way down to Oz and meet you whole lot. :wub2:

Oh yes ... I would drive if that were the case ... small town airflights in OZ are pricey ... I hear they are pretty cheap in USA .

That would be great to meet you here !!! :biggrin2:

oMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

That's crazy and amazing at the same time!!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Crazy for sure!

Teegs you are amazing. Hope you have a blast over there (provided you sort out flights and all that) and bring back souvenirs :teehee:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Yeah sure... at this stage souvenirs will be postcards *gigglesnort*

:jawdrop: ZOMFG !!! That is awesome Teegs !!! :woot_jump::clap:

So are you going on your own ?? :das:

WOW ... first time out of OZ & you chose NYC !! :roftl:

Was the ticket horribly expensive ?? :boxed:

Yep, I'm going by myself... Dad's not happy about it, but oh well...

From what I've seen I can get one for about $1680 which isn't too bad...

:mfr_omg::dance_man::woot_jump:See ya there!

Oh, my manners - Hiya everyone else!:biggrin2:

Thanks Suzy!

Do you think anyone else will come?

It's pricey... I'll be using all of my savings... good thing I still have a few months before rego and the twi tour...

Really?

It's not that far...

Teegs - I`m in New York most of the Monday (day before the gig). I fly in at noon. So we can hopefully meet up sometime this day, and we can really do most of our chatting in the queue the next day too! And then I leave Wednesday morning, so I won`t really get to see you after the gig unless we have an early breakfast. I`m staying at the Clarion SoHo which is a 4 minute cab ride to the venue or a 13 minute walk. We can exchange phone numbers later. :biggrin2:

I was thinking of flying in on the sunday, but I might fly in on monday... stuff jet lag :naughty:... Are you flying into JFK?

I might try and organise my flight so I land sometime around you.

I guess you'll know this more than me, but are cab rides expensive?

Any chance you have a patch of carpet I can sleep on? Please?? *puppy dog eyes*

Edited by nico_collard

:boxed:

Teegs. Seriously. wtf. Why now?

Is it because of the stupid things said yesterday??

You don't have to fly to the other side of the world to be a real Mika fan. Sure, he'll probably talk to you for, oh let's say 45 seconds and say "wow you flew over from OZ" but, that's if you even get to meet and greet with him. You might go all that way and not even get to give him the petition. The gig won't be intimate. It will be packed full of N.Y. weirdos. You know a gig here in Oz would be so much more special. And any M&G we have if we can organise one would be more relaxed..

If anything, London would've been a better choice. Seriously. You'd have Freddie and Cassie there. And Silver too. All these people that would be there that you know and can help you get the petition to Mika. But realistically, why not wait just a little longer? A couple of weeks is all you need to wait and see if we get an acoustic tour here in AUSTRALIA!! And if it becomes clear we aren't going to get an acoustic gig then slap me for talking you out of this but thank me for saving you money so you can fly over for the big fancy tour that's happening later on this year. It would be much more worth your while. It'll have all the glitz and glam that we missed out on last time. This is just too impulsive when our chances of getting a tour are so friggin high!!

Let's just imagine for a moment that you jetset off to NY for the 23rd, and then 2 or 3 weeks later Mika decides "Hey I might finally shut the aussies up." Wouldn't you feel a little bit like you went over there for no reason??? Apart from having a great time of course, but still, going all the way to NY just for an hour long acoustic Mika gig is decadent yes, but I have to say a complete waste of money and time right now.

If you really wanted to go to an overseas gig, then let's see if some of us can go together, later on this year to the bigger gig. We'll make a real holiday out of it. I'll do whatever it takes to go aswell. I really, really think that the NY gig in June is a waste. I'm sorry, I love ya too much to see you throw away all that cash.. :huglove:

I don't want to talk you out of it, but I want you to be aware of what may happen soon enough if we just keep having just a little more of the lead singer of the grates.. :wink2: Please Teegs!! Think it over.

:boxed:

Teegs. Seriously. wtf. Why now?

Is it because of the stupid things said yesterday??

You don't have to fly to the other side of the world to be a real Mika fan. Sure, he'll probably talk to you for, oh let's say 45 seconds and say "wow you flew over from OZ" but, that's if you even get to meet and greet with him. You might go all that way and not even get to give him the petition. The gig won't be intimate. It will be packed full of N.Y. weirdos. You know a gig here in Oz would be so much more special. And any M&G we have if we can organise one would be more relaxed..

If anything, London would've been a better choice. Seriously. You'd have Freddie and Cassie there. And Silver too. All these people that would be there that you know and can help you get the petition to Mika. But realistically, why not wait just a little longer? A couple of weeks is all you need to wait and see if we get an acoustic tour here in AUSTRALIA!! And if it becomes clear we aren't going to get an acoustic gig then slap me for talking you out of this but thank me for saving you money so you can fly over for the big fancy tour that's happening later on this year. It would be much more worth your while. It'll have all the glitz and glam that we missed out on last time. This is just too impulsive when our chances of getting a tour are so friggin high!!

Let's just imagine for a moment that you jetset off to NY for the 23rd, and then 2 or 3 weeks later Mika decides "Hey I might finally shut the aussies up." Wouldn't you feel a little bit like you went over there for no reason??? Apart from having a great time of course, but still, going all the way to NY just for an hour long acoustic Mika gig is decadent yes, but I have to say a complete waste of money and time right now.

If you really wanted to go to an overseas gig, then let's see if some of us can go together, later on this year to the bigger gig. We'll make a real holiday out of it. I'll do whatever it takes to go aswell. I really, really think that the NY gig in June is a waste. I'm sorry, I love ya too much to see you throw away all that cash.. :huglove:

I don't want to talk you out of it, but I want you to be aware of what may happen soon enough if we just keep having just a little more of the lead singer of the grates.. :wink2: Please Teegs!! Think it over.

I've had a theory which says that Mika MIGHT have gone for an own touring company. I'm not sure if he is still with Coda but I know that he approached other booking agencies last year. But Mika is one of those that need a LOT for their shows and maybe, MAYBE, he decided to keep the 10% a booking agency would get and make his own touring compny instead (I wouldn't wonder if that was something family-run again). So mmmmaybe they are waiting for Australian work visas :dunno:. Maybe this takes longer? I have no idea.

He is, 100% sure, going to tour Australia. Going to NY is a great thing, that's for sure, but it is oh so much money :boxed:.

I know! I can't wait! I'm getting it for my birthday (9th of June)!

I love Sims so much, and this new one is going to be SO AWESOME. I get so addicted to that game that I have to delete it off my computer. I've reinstalled it like 15 times now. Which is why I have to wait until the holidays :biggrin2:

I went to the house viewing today. The house was AWESOME. The most beautiful house I've ever been in, hardwood floors, massive rooms, a freaking attic room just like the red head kid gets in cheaper by the dozen. My dream. But not walking distance from uni, and my friend really wants walking distance form uni, we're going to keep looking. And we found another friend who wants to have a dog, so now there's three of us, with 3 dogs :biggrin2:

And Tegan, I have to tend to agree that it's a bad idea, not that it's my business. How long are you going to stay for? I mean, if it's a holiday, and you are spending a few weeks there, that's fine, that's awesome. but if you are just going for the show - that is a LOT of money for a single show and, in my opinion, not worth it. You will have a great time and an awesome show, but is it the best time you could have had with that money? I had a great time in Costa Rica and everything, but I know I could have also had a great time doing something that didn't cost $8000, and if I did it all again I would .. uh, not do it. Not that I regret it, but if I hadn't locked myself into it so early on before thinking it through properly, I might have changed my mind - and you are not locked in yet, so just make sure you think about it properly before rushing into buying plane tickets or anything. But also - flights are very cheap right now and I think I've seen some for cheaper than $1600, try studentflights.com.au, they are always the cheapest, and under 26 is the same as student.

I have to do a week each at intensive pig and poultry, although those can be driveup and down each day, so I might rather do them where I can still be with ambrose, I don't know. And I have to do two weeks at either an extensive sheep or beef farm, I don't know what the official definition of extensive is, but it means those ones that are out in the complete middle of nowhere where they are almost completely self sufficient and you have to live there and stuff.

Hhhmmm ... well , I don't personally know of any pig & poultry around here ... but I could make a call or two re: cows(beef) ... also, as you would have seen in Google maps, we are not exactly in 'the middle of nowhere' ... but I do have connecshuns with a farm that is inland & self-sufficient (were that to be appropriate) , I haven't seen them for ages but, that may be a possibility.

Also ... how about Alpacas ???

There are two farms near me ... :biggrin2: ... & you could always park 'Brosey here for a few weeks ... :wink2:

Anyway ... let me know, at least I can make a few calls for you ...:thumb_yello:

Info. about ACTUAL required farm situations (ie. 'extensive' ) would be good first tho' ...