The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

Are. You. Sh*tting. Me????

OMG THAT IS SO FANTASTIC!!! :woot_jumpbiggrin2:

And you haven't been out of Aus, right??? EEE I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

(And just a weeny bit jealous...)

Other than that, heggo Australia...there are about 30 pages to read back on and I am supposedly already in bed (:teehee:) so I will love you all and leave you, Mike-style :naughty :

I worrrrrrsssshhhip you for everything you wrote in the yearbook :bow: :bow: :bow::huglove:

*is proud motherrrrghh*

You'd be a good editor too, btw. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a theory which says that Mika MIGHT have gone for an own touring company. I'm not sure if he is still with Coda but I know that he approached other booking agencies last year. But Mika is one of those that need a LOT for their shows and maybe, MAYBE, he decided to keep the 10% a booking agency would get and make his own touring compny instead (I wouldn't wonder if that was something family-run again). So mmmmaybe they are waiting for Australian work visas :dunno:. Maybe this takes longer? I have no idea.

He is, 100% sure, going to tour Australia. Going to NY is a great thing, that's for sure, but it is oh so much money :boxed:.

That makes alot of sense. But I don't know much about how touring works. Only that there needs to be interest from both parties.

I'm 100% sure too! I just don't know when. :biggrin2:

I went to the house viewing today. The house was AWESOME. The most beautiful house I've ever been in, hardwood floors, massive rooms, a freaking attic room just like the red head kid gets in cheaper by the dozen. My dream. But not walking distance from uni, and my friend really wants walking distance form uni, we're going to keep looking. And we found another friend who wants to have a dog, so now there's three of us, with 3 dogs :biggrin2

lol!!!!

And Tegan, I have to tend to agree that it's a bad idea, not that it's my business. How long are you going to stay for? I mean, if it's a holiday, and you are spending a few weeks there, that's fine, that's awesome. but if you are just going for the show - that is a LOT of money for a single show and, in my opinion, not worth it. You will have a great time and an awesome show, but is it the best time you could have had with that money? I had a great time in Costa Rica and everything, but I know I could have also had a great time doing something that didn't cost $8000, and if I did it all again I would .. uh, not do it. Not that I regret it, but if I hadn't locked myself into it so early on before thinking it through properly, I might have changed my mind - and you are not locked in yet, so just make sure you think about it properly before rushing into buying plane tickets or anything. But also - flights are very cheap right now and I think I've seen some for cheaper than $1600, try studentflights.com.au, they are always the cheapest, and under 26 is the same as student.

If it only cost $1000 to do it then I'd say go for it, but to consider a $3000 trip to maybe see the top of Mika's head - so not worth it at the moment.

And Costa Rica was great for you! All that yummy food that you still haven't tried to cook yourself. :naughty:

Any chance you have a patch of carpet I can sleep on? Please?? *puppy dog eyes*

I won't be coming solo. Hubby is with me....otherwise, I would have definitely considered sharing a hotel room with you and everyone else who's asked me the same favour. There are many who still want to split the cost. You should match up with them. I'll PM you. :wink2:

Teegs. Seriously. wtf. Why now?

Is it because of the stupid things said yesterday??

You don't have to fly to the other side of the world to be a real Mika fan. Sure, he'll probably talk to you for, oh let's say 45 seconds and say "wow you flew over from OZ" but, that's if you even get to meet and greet with him. You might go all that way and not even get to give him the petition. The gig won't be intimate. It will be packed full of N.Y. weirdos. You know a gig here in Oz would be so much more special. And any M&G we have if we can organise one would be more relaxed..

If anything, London would've been a better choice. Seriously. You'd have Freddie and Cassie there. And Silver too. All these people that would be there that you know and can help you get the petition to Mika. But realistically, why not wait just a little longer? A couple of weeks is all you need to wait and see if we get an acoustic tour here in AUSTRALIA!! And if it becomes clear we aren't going to get an acoustic gig then slap me for talking you out of this but thank me for saving you money so you can fly over for the big fancy tour that's happening later on this year. It would be much more worth your while. It'll have all the glitz and glam that we missed out on last time. This is just too impulsive when our chances of getting a tour are so friggin high!!

Let's just imagine for a moment that you jetset off to NY for the 23rd, and then 2 or 3 weeks later Mika decides "Hey I might finally shut the aussies up." Wouldn't you feel a little bit like you went over there for no reason??? Apart from having a great time of course, but still, going all the way to NY just for an hour long acoustic Mika gig is decadent yes, but I have to say a complete waste of money and time right now.

If you really wanted to go to an overseas gig, then let's see if some of us can go together, later on this year to the bigger gig. We'll make a real holiday out of it. I'll do whatever it takes to go aswell. I really, really think that the NY gig in June is a waste. I'm sorry, I love ya too much to see you throw away all that cash..

I don't want to talk you out of it, but I want you to be aware of what may happen soon enough if we just keep having just a little more of the lead singer of the grates.. Please Teegs!! Think it over.

Thanks Melz... I appreciate your comments...

Don't worry, I really am thinking about it... I don't think I can afford it anyway. :tears:

I really want to go, and I could if I really wanted to, but basically one account would be completely empty just with the flight... then I'd have to spend the money I had aside for rego, and maybe $300 for work and stuff...

:tears:

And Tegan, I have to tend to agree that it's a bad idea, not that it's my business. How long are you going to stay for? I mean, if it's a holiday, and you are spending a few weeks there, that's fine, that's awesome. but if you are just going for the show - that is a LOT of money for a single show and, in my opinion, not worth it. You will have a great time and an awesome show, but is it the best time you could have had with that money? I had a great time in Costa Rica and everything, but I know I could have also had a great time doing something that didn't cost $8000, and if I did it all again I would .. uh, not do it. Not that I regret it, but if I hadn't locked myself into it so early on before thinking it through properly, I might have changed my mind - and you are not locked in yet, so just make sure you think about it properly before rushing into buying plane tickets or anything. But also - flights are very cheap right now and I think I've seen some for cheaper than $1600, try studentflights.com.au, they are always the cheapest, and under 26 is the same as student.

Thanks Bianca...

At least I can say that I tried... just happens to be beyond my means at this stage...

I wish I could stop crying...

I won't be coming solo. Hubby is with me....otherwise, I would have definitely considered sharing a hotel room with you and everyone else who's asked me the same favour. There are many who still want to split the cost. You should match up with them. I'll PM you.

Thanks Suzy...

Hehe, all I seem to be saying is thanks to everyone! :naughty:

Aww Teegs... :sad:

Isn't great to have friends like Kelzy and Oakie Dokie to be truthful enough and help you balance your thoughts? :wub2: It'd be tough to enjoy a trip if you continued to worry about money. That's not the idea of a holiday. I've continued to hope and pray that Mika gets to Oz sooner than later.

I just told mum, and she thinks I made a very wise choice... She would've preferred me to go with people I knew and that she'd be happier if I stayed and worked more...

and she said that Dad was thinking of kicking me out! :shocked: But making her do it of course! :naughty:

Aww Teegs... :sad:

Isn't great to have friends like Kelzy and Oakie Dokie to be truthful enough and help you balance your thoughts? :wub2: It'd be tough to enjoy a trip if you continued to worry about money. That's not the idea of a holiday. I've continued to hope and pray that Mika gets to Oz sooner than later.

It is good... I guess I got caught up in the excitement...

But at least I can say I tried. Though I feel the need to get on a plane just to beat Mika's management around the head with hte petition book because they decided the under 18s couldn't go :sneaky2:

Yes, at least you tried Meegs, and it was good while it lasted.. *stops vicariously living through you*

Hm.. feels good to wear undies again.. :naughty: (sorry meegs, couldn't resist! :teehee:)

Before you know it we'll be outside a venue and she who haz curls (Mika) will come find us in line and beg us to take pics with him.. :thumb_yello:

Yes, at least you tried Meegs, and it was good while it lasted.. *stops vicariously living through you*

Hm.. feels good to wear undies again.. :naughty: (sorry meegs, couldn't resist! :teehee:)

Before you know it we'll be outside a venue and she who haz curls (Mika) will come find us in line and beg us to take pics with him.. :thumb_yello:

Twas good... and a wee bit exciting...

oh well...

It sure does... I wonder why I didn't wear undies earlier! :naughty:

I damn well hope so... he'll prob want to look down Bec's top again :shun:...

And Bianca, this means I want the info from you by Sunday. I've got a page and a half left, so don't crap on too much about Perth, alright? :thumb_yello:

Oh whew...:sweatdrop:

I'm sorry this is upsetting for you Teegs to call it off after you'd gotten excited about going, but I agree with Kelzy and I think you made the right decision.

IMO this is not the gig to blow your wad on. Really the only reason I'm even going is because it's cheap, Suzy and I are travelling together, Jack will be there and another friend of mine is likely meeting us in NYC because it's her birthday. I do not have visions of chats with Mika and from what I've heard about this venue I am not sure we can even get to front row. It's more about getting together with some friends in a place that's convenient for us.

I think people have gotten carried away by the fact that we've had such a seemingly endless dry spell and the way it ended so unexpectedly with this crazy fantasy gig. But LA was a one-off and I think the tour is going to be different in many respects.

I think you'll find that an Australian gig is going to be a lot more special and if you want to go overseas plan it in advance so that you can make the most of your trip. Mika is an unpredictable variable in these situations and you never know which way it's going to go. I have had crazy fantasy gigs but I've also had cancellations after an 8 hour flight and a couple of grand spent.

Try not to be too sad now because whether it happens in a few weeks or a few months I don't think you'll be regretting your decision when you're at your next gig. :huglove:

: shocked: I do???

Yes. You do. :teehee:

But if you need a clue you told Mika to get to Australia.

Thanks Melz... I appreciate your comments...

Don't worry, I really am thinking about it... I don't think I can afford it anyway. :tears :

I really want to go, and I could if I really wanted to, but basically one account would be completely empty just with the flight... then I'd have to spend the money I had aside for rego, and maybe $300 for work and stuff...

At least I can say that I tried... just happens to be beyond my means at this stage...

I wish I could stop crying...

Hey, Teegs. If you really want to go overseas for a concert (holiday) - let's go see U2 instead. :das: Think about all that Adam you can perve on. :naughty: Better to travel and see a band that really is unlikely to come back here, like Hanson.

You've made the right choice. Don't be upset. And don't be angry either. :huglove: It'll all work out alright.

Aww Teegs... : sad:

Isn't great to have friends like Kelzy and Oakie Dokie to be truthful enough and help you balance your thoughts? :wub2 : It'd be tough to enjoy a trip if you continued to worry about money. That's not the idea of a holiday. I've continued to hope and pray that Mika gets to Oz sooner than later.

And, I hope you get here too one day.

I just told mum, and she thinks I made a very wise choice... She would've preferred me to go with people I knew and that she'd be happier if I stayed and worked more...

and she said that Dad was thinking of kicking me out! :shocked : But making her do it of course! :naughty :

LOL!! He was going to make it hard for you so you wouldn't do it.. Awww *sighs* Tough love.

It is good... I guess I got caught up in the excitement...

But at least I can say I tried. Though I feel the need to get on a plane just to beat Mika's management around the head with hte petition book because they decided the under 18s couldn't go : sneaky2:

Hahaha!!! Well, the reason he's choosing under 18 venues might not be clear until we see the youtube vids. If he wants burlesque opener then he wants it. We can complain, but it's not our decision. And I think it's a bit unfair too. Hope it doesn't happen here. I'd like to take Kobiiiii.

Before you know it we'll be outside a venue and she who haz curls (Mika) will come find us in line and beg us to take pics with him.. : thumb_yello:

:roftl: In the space of one sentence you gave Mika 2 sex changes.

And you know the tr00f™ is, Mika will come looking for Mother Melzy - not us.

I damn well hope so... he'll prob want to look down Bec's top again : shun:...

*gigglesnort*

And Bianca, this means I want the info from you by Sunday. I've got a page and a half left, so don't crap on too much about Perth, alright? : thumb_yello:

Asking alot there. *zhhz*

Try not to be too sad now because whether it happens in a few weeks or a few months I don't think you'll be regretting your decision when you're at your next gig. : huglove:

Absolutely. I think Teegs has semi-acted out the impulse we've all felt so many times in the last 18 months. We're all just raring to go. :naughty:

Can`t you just drop everything, spend a few thousand dollars and make a spontaneous decision to come too (like Teegs) ? :teehee:

Be nice to meet ya also.... :wub2:

I totally would do that were I not already dropping everything, spending a few thousand dollars and making a spontaneous decision to go to Europe this summer...:naughty:

Oh, and I'm not 18.

I'm sorry Teegs :no: I am also learning the dark side of spontaneous trips...like OKD said, I know the summer will be amazing but I didn't take enough things into account...like the fact that travel within Europe alone will cost me about $500 all in all, plus airfare, plus food, luxuries, etc, etc. I've been saving for half a year and it's made me soooo stressed. All for a month and a half.

I worrrrrrsssshhhip you for everything you wrote in the yearbook

*is proud motherrrrghh*

You'd be a good editor too, btw. :thumb_yello:

What did I write? *zhhz*

I'm editor for the school yearbook next year :naughty:

I totally would do that were I not already dropping everything, spending a few thousand dollars and making a spontaneous decision to go to Europe this summer...:naughty:

Oh, and I'm not 18.

I'm sorry Teegs :no: I am also learning the dark side of spontaneous trips...like OKD said, I know the summer will be amazing but I didn't take enough things into account...like the fact that travel within Europe alone will cost me about $500 all in all, plus airfare, plus food, luxuries, etc, etc. I've been saving for half a year and it's made me soooo stressed. All for a month and a half.

Having a good time is so damn expensive. :aah:

What did I write? *zhhz*

I'm editor for the school yearbook next year :naughty:

tour the world (Australia included) :naughty:

Well done! It's exactly what I'd hope for you. If was your motherrrrghhh.

Oh whew...:sweatdrop:

I'm sorry this is upsetting for you Teegs to call it off after you'd gotten excited about going, but I agree with Kelzy and I think you made the right decision.

IMO this is not the gig to blow your wad on. Really the only reason I'm even going is because it's cheap, Suzy and I are travelling together, Jack will be there and another friend of mine is likely meeting us in NYC because it's her birthday. I do not have visions of chats with Mika and from what I've heard about this venue I am not sure we can even get to front row. It's more about getting together with some friends in a place that's convenient for us.

I think people have gotten carried away by the fact that we've had such a seemingly endless dry spell and the way it ended so unexpectedly with this crazy fantasy gig. But LA was a one-off and I think the tour is going to be different in many respects.

I think you'll find that an Australian gig is going to be a lot more special and if you want to go overseas plan it in advance so that you can make the most of your trip. Mika is an unpredictable variable in these situations and you never know which way it's going to go. I have had crazy fantasy gigs but I've also had cancellations after an 8 hour flight and a couple of grand spent.

Try not to be too sad now because whether it happens in a few weeks or a few months I don't think you'll be regretting your decision when you're at your next gig. :huglove:

Teegs :huglove: ... I too got all excited for you in the moment ... but I woke up today feeling all concerned for you ...

I agree with Kelz, OKD, Christine etc. .... although we don't know when, Mika will surely return to Oz !

I was actually more excited for you having your first trip overseas (not a Mika gig as such ) :teehee:

There is plenty of time for that tho' & now you are a few grand richer !! :roftl:

Hello All ! :bye:

Evening All!! :pinkbow:

I went to Priceline tonight to update my hairdyes and moisturisers. I decided on OLAY Definity. I checked out the ingredients while at the checkout..

Look what I'll be putting on my face :teehee:

ingredients.jpg

Every fangurls dream :fangurl:

Evening All!! :pinkbow:

I went to Priceline tonight to update my hairdyes and moisturisers. I decided on OLAY Definity. I checked out the ingredients while at the checkout..

Look what I'll be putting on my face :teehee:

ingredients.jpg

Every fangurls dream :fangurl:

Hiya Kelz !!

:lmfao:

I use Nutrimetics Moisturiser ... :pinkbow:

I wonder if Mica is lurking in there too ... ?? :teehee: *goes to check*

Hiya Kelz !!

:lmfao:

I use Nutrimetics Moisturiser ... :pinkbow:

I wonder if Mica is lurking in there too ... ?? :teehee: *goes to check*

Hahah! So, is Mica the secret to keeping your skin firm and supple. :das:

Hahah! So, is Mica the secret to keeping your skin firm and supple. :das:

:roftl: Well ... no ingredients list 'as such' ... :sneaky2:

... but it does say ...

'CREMEHYDRATANTE enrichie en Huiles Vegetales Naturelles'

:shocked:

So ... in the animal, vegetable or mineral stakes .... I'm guessing vegies. ... :lmfao:

However, my answer is .... f**k naaaaaah, he's just given me more wrinkles !! :roftl::teehee:

: roftl: Well ... no ingredients list 'as such' ... :sneaky2:

... but it does say ...

'CREMEHYDRATANTE enrichie en Huiles Vegetales Naturelles'

:shocked:

So ... in the animal, vegetable or mineral stakes .... I'm guessing vegies. ... :lmfao:

However, my answer is .... f**k naaaaaah, he's just given me more wrinkles !! :roftl::teehee:

:lmfao: That's cos you keep doing the nose scrunch in your siggy. :teehee:

*rubs mica cream™ on your nose*