The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay :naughty:

Do we want to see Bianca's Ridiculously Long Bob Evans and Little Birdy Review That Was Really Written For Petra But May Interest Others? But on AMF, there is a bit too much fangirling for a google-able forum :naughty:

But it is intriguing, exciting, and will take you through the thrills, spills and general excitement of my weekend!

This may be slightly inappropriate, I can edit it if you like :naughty: Is there anything I missed out?

Why should you come to Perth? Well … if you don’t come to Western Australia you’ve only been to half the country. End of discussion.

Also, Perth is like, a totally interesting city. We have lots of landmarks and stuff! I guess it’s well known for its striking skyline, a modest five or so ten-storey buildings* that we like to call ‘skyscrapers’ (our sky is pretty low, I guess). The great thing about Perth is that you can walk from one end of the city to the other in under 10 minutes - no nasty taxis or public transport necessary! And it completely dies around 11pm, nice and safe after a gig!

We tried to make a few interesting monuments especially for foreigners like you. There’s the highly historical Swan Bells – built way back in … uh, 2000. Next to the bell tower we added something special just for you this January; it’s a miniature London Eye-type ferris wheel! Aww, we thought it’d make you feel at home when you visit, just don’t try to put your car in it, you might break it :(

We have lots of unique animals that you can see and you can even pat some of them if you like. Right from the city you can see some of our funky black swans, they’re our state emblem. They’re like normal swans, but black. You can take a ferry to Rottnest Island just off Fremantle, where you can meet some quokkas. They’re like really little wallaby/kangaroo things, some (stupid) people think they look like rats – the island got its name from a (stupid) Dutch explorer who thought the island was rat infested and decided to get the crap out of there. There is some nice snorkelling there too, for people who don’t hate fish.

I may be biased, but WA has some of the best nature-y things in Australia(/the world), if you’re into driving a few thousand kilometres you can see Australia’s best beaches** in Esperance, or swim with whale sharks at Ningaloo (they’re fish, but they kind of look like whales, you could pretend). You can see lots of dolphins, dugongs, and turtles in Monkey Mia, or some pointy rocks in the middle of nowhere around Cervantes. I could go on, but I’m not trying to get you to move here, we’d settle for concerts!

Perth may be the most isolated city in the world***, but we sure like live music, I think it’s something to do with the money we make from pulling stuff out of the ground, and also because we’re awesome. So if you’ll take the (well worth it) flight across, there’s lots of choice for music venues - if you’re going for a nice 2,000-and-something capacity, I think the Capitol is great, the Fly By in Fremantle isn’t bad (and it has awesome prop-like décor), or Metro City is worth a visit. But if you want to go all out there’s the Challenge Stadium or Burswood Dome. So what are you waiting for – get your butt over here!

* possible exaggeration

** according to me

*** according to wikipedia

Edited by Oakie Doke

Okay :naughty:

Do we want to see Bianca's Ridiculously Long Bob Evans and Little Birdy Review That Was Really Written For Petra But May Interest Others? But on AMF, there is a bit too much fangirling for a google-able forum :naughty:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :pinkbow::fangurl: :fangurl:

Metro city:

phoblog190.jpg

Monkey mia:

MonkeyMia_wideweb__470x339,0.jpg

dugong.jpg

Ningaloo:

whale-shark-with-fish.jpg

9002586lofvillage%20dive1.jpg

Bell Tower:

swan-bell-tower.jpg

The ferris wheel next to the bell tower, but I think it's only temporary or something, not really a proper perth attraction, and you can't see the bell tower properly, which is:

cc-perth-wheel-1.jpg

Perth city:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Perth_Skyline.jpg

Obviously just use a few, whatever you want.

I was just looking through my camera pics, and I saw this pic of Salem,

and thought it puurrfect for the petition- if there's still room :teehee:

welcummcat.jpg

That cat is well-named

I broke the picture. Sorry. I should probably make a ****yeahmika.tumblr.com, seeing as one doesn't exist. Or maybe a ****yeahpaulgarred, I don't know. Decision decisions. I guess I could do both :naughty:

I'd offer an opinion, OKD, if I had the faintest idea what you were talking about :roftl:

But it is intriguing, exciting, and will take you through the thrills, spills and general excitement of my weekend!

This may be slightly inappropriate, I can edit it if you like. Is there anything I missed out?

Why should you come to Perth? Well … if you don’t come to Western Australia you’ve only been to half the country. End of discussion.

Also, Perth is like, a totally interesting city. We have lots of landmarks and stuff! I guess it’s well known for its striking skyline, a modest five or so ten-storey buildings* that we like to call ‘skyscrapers’ (our sky is pretty low, I guess). The great thing about Perth is that you can walk from one end of the city to the other in under 10 minutes - no nasty taxis or public transport necessary! And it completely dies around 11pm, nice and safe after a gig!

We tried to make a few interesting monuments especially for foreigners like you. There’s the highly historical Swan Bells – built way back in … uh, 2000. Next to the bell tower we added something special just for you this January; it’s a miniature London Eye-type ferris wheel! Aww, we thought it’d make you feel at home when you visit, just don’t try to put your car in it, you might break it :(

We have lots of unique animals that you can see and you can even pat some of them if you like. Right from the city you can see some of our funky black swans, they’re our state emblem. They’re like normal swans, but black. You can take a ferry to Rottnest Island just off Fremantle, where you can meet some quokkas. They’re like really little wallaby/kangaroo things, some (stupid) people think they look like rats – the island got its name from a (stupid) Dutch explorer who thought the island was rat infested and decided to get the crap out of there. There is some nice snorkelling there too, for people who don’t hate fish.

I may be biased, but WA has some of the best nature-y things in Australia(/the world), if you’re into driving a few thousand kilometres you can see Australia’s best beaches** in Esperance, or swim with whale sharks at Ningaloo (they’re fish, but they kind of look like whales, you could pretend). You can see lots of dolphins, dugongs, and turtles in Monkey Mia, or some pointy rocks in the middle of nowhere around Cervantes. I could go on, but I’m not trying to get you to move here, we’d settle for concerts!

Perth may be the most isolated city in the world***, but we sure like live music, I think it’s something to do with the money we make from pulling stuff out of the ground, and also because we’re awesome. So if you’ll take the (well worth it) flight across, there’s lots of choice for music venues - if you’re going for a nice 2,000-and-something capacity, I think the Capitol is great, the Fly By in Fremantle isn’t bad (and it has awesome prop-like décor), or Metro City is worth a visit. But if you want to go all out there’s the Challenge Stadium or Burswood Dome. So what are you waiting for – get your butt over here!

* possible exaggeration

** according to me

*** according to wikipedia

:lmfao:

That's awesome! I'm gonna keep it as it is... and say you wrote it all! :naughty:

About time

Very nice. I'm even tempted to fly over now.

Strangely enough, so am I!

I was just looking through my camera pics, and I saw this pic of Salem,

and thought it puurrfect for the petition- if there's still room...

welcummcat.jpg

Noice! I think I can fit it in somewhere...

Oh, and I went out the the grandparents farm this morning cause one of hte ewes was having trouble giving birth, and I caught her and held her while my grandfather pulled the lamb out (there's no way I'm putting my hand inside a sheep without big gloves :naughty:)...

Then we found a lamb without it's mother... she would've died so we took her home! Before we caught her she was rounding up the sheepdog, which was quite amusing... She's in the kitchen at the moment having a sleep... but I don't have a name for her yet...

I really need to know if followers and such can see the other tumblr blogs I have under one account. I really don't want Dani to see that :naughty: Bec, how did you find me on there?

I didn't.. I typed in my email and it found you :naughty:

That's awesome! I'm gonna keep it as it is... and say you wrote it all! :naughty:

Noice! I think I can fit it in somewhere...

Oh, and I went out the the grandparents farm this morning cause one of hte ewes was having trouble giving birth, and I caught her and held her while my grandfather pulled the lamb out (there's no way I'm putting my hand inside a sheep without big gloves :naughty:)...

Then we found a lamb without it's mother... she would've died so we took her home! Before we caught her she was rounding up the sheepdog, which was quite amusing... She's in the kitchen at the moment having a sleep... but I don't have a name for her yet...

hubby had a lamb in his house also when he was little, they called it pitter patter :naughty:

hubby had a lamb in his house also when he was little, they called it pitter patter :naughty:

Awwwwww...

that's cute...

Still can't think of a name though... Mum wanted a name meaning sheep like, and I found one... Merona...

:das:

Oh, and I went out the the grandparents farm this morning cause one of hte ewes was having trouble giving birth, and I caught her and held her while my grandfather pulled the lamb out (there's no way I'm putting my hand inside a sheep without big gloves )...

Guess who has Q fever? You dooo, you dooo. *Q fever high five!* :naughty:

Awwww! Pictures required!!

I didn't.. I typed in my email and it found you :naughty:

Damn, so anyone could type in ym email and then all those tumblrs would pop up .. perhaps I will use a different email :naughty:

And Silver/HK, tumblr is like a blog-thing, but it's less about writing about your day and more about posting things you find interesting/funny/something like that. And there is like this thing that ones that are just posting fan-like things of one thing are f*ckyeah-thing-.tumblr.com eg. ****yeahrpattz.tumblr.com or ****yeahpatrickwolf.tumblr.com or for just about anything you could be a fan of ****yeahsharks.tumblr.com (obviously you have to type those yourself)

Or you can just have plain awesome ones, like http://biance.tumblr.com

Damn, so anyone could type in ym email and then all those tumblrs would pop up .. perhaps I will use a different email :naughty:

It was only cos you were in my address book via msn... otherwise it wouldn't have shown up