Sorry Cassie, I hope you can forgive me some day... :naughty: And here what I was going to post earlier and I forgot:

Excuse the low quality, as youtube those days was crappy, but hey, it will do, hehe.

No, you are NOT getting off that lightly after mentioning that performance, hahaha!

Yes, the Lady GaGa was another one that I forgot to mention, so funny!

'How disappointing, how CAN he like that music?! :roftl:

:lmfao: Yeah if it was just a random person people wouldn't say a thing about it! But if it's Mika, woah I thought he had a good taste in music, now this.. I'm shocked:shocked::mf_rosetinted:

Who are they to be disappointed at someone they don't even know? I don't think he cares anyway!:naughty:

And I'm sorry I'm speaking in plural, but I have no other way to put it.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree! Some people just think he's god, he has no flaws, and they think he is just like they think he is. He can't like Lady GaGa, Mika would never like Lady GaGa. :rolls_eyes: And drink and swearing, for god's sake, he's an adult!:naughty: He does and acts the way he wants, we can't say that's right or wrong, because that's just him. I think people shouldn't be defining him, he's the one that settles his character and actions, and not his fans.

People don't know him, and of course people can insinuate some of his actions, tastes, etc, by watching him and talking to him, but they can't make up things that they don't know if they're true or not. I think they can say something that has a bit of a traced evidence here and there, but out of the blue is just speculation!

Just because we're fans doesn't mean we MUST agree on everything he says or does and it doesn't mean we MUST like what he likes. Some people do that just because they think it pleases Mika to know there are people that like him unconditionally, but I don't think it does. I wouldn't like to have fanatics that act just like me, like the things I like, dress the way I do.(Okay on this last point I have to confess I'm influenced by his style:naughty:)

Anyways, I better shut up because I don't want people to go on how wise I am again:roftl::mf_rosetinted: And I don't want to annoy anyone!

Wow, well this is getting pretty deep. I'd like to accentuate the point that he is human after all and the fact that he is keeping us up to date with what he's up to might mean that he actually likes knowing that his fans are loyal and that he can do a little something for them.:thumb_yello:Not sure I'm getting anywhere with this :roftl: I agree with most things that have been said but I think M can and should do whatever he wants

Edited by nana06

Sorry Cassie, I hope you can forgive me some day... :naughty: And here what I was going to post earlier and I forgot:

Excuse the low quality, as youtube those days was crappy, but hey, it will do, hehe.

No, you are NOT getting off that lightly after mentioning that performance, hahaha!

:lmao::blush-anim-cl: .... Now you really HAVE dashed all my hopes ! :roftl:

Awwww what a fab vid !!!! Good times and so many familiar faces ! :wub2:

Yes, the Lady GaGa was another one that I forgot to mention, so funny!

'How disappointing, how CAN he like that music?! :roftl:

It surprises me reading your post that people do think like that .... I mean with the not drinking/swearing etc .... he's a 25 yo guy for god's sake ... he's gonna be doing what every other 25 yo guy does .... It's not such a good idea to see someone through rose tinted glasses ... I've done that when I was younger .... you can't superimpose your views/likes and dislikes on him as well ... he's his own person and can listen to whatever he likes (Lady Gaga included) Though actually listening to Just Dance quite abit - I've quite grown to like that song .... :wink2:

It's what makes him Mika and I wouldn't change him one bit :)

Wow, well this is getting pretty deep. I'd like to accentuate the point that he is human after all and the fact that he is keeping us up to date with what he's up to might mean that he actually likes knowing that his fans are loyal and that he can do a little something for them.:thumb_yello:Not sure I'm getting anywhere with this :roftl: I agree with most things that have been said

It always gets deep:naughty:

Of course, and he knows what being loyal is. Of course you can always give your own opinion about his actions and attitudes and tastes, and you still are loyal! All him saying is that we can't be blind and say he's perfect, but we can't be pointing out every single thing we don't like about him either. He's just who he is, and we can't do anything about it even if we want to! I like him just the way he is and I think everyone should. But not unconditionally like I said before, thinking he's god or that he's perfect.

No, you can always say your (Reasonable) opinion and that's why this is exposed!

It surprises me reading your post that people do think like that .... I mean with the not drinking/swearing etc .... he's a 25 yo guy for god's sake ... he's gonna be doing what every other 25 yo guy does .... It's not such a good idea to see someone through rose tinted glasses ... I've done that when I was younger .... you can't superimpose your views/likes and dislikes on him as well ... he's his own person and can listen to whatever he likes (Lady Gaga included) Though actually listening to Just Dance quite abit - I've quite grown to like that song .... :wink2:

It's what makes him Mika and I wouldn't change him one bit :)

Yes, exactly :naughty:, but I swear that it has happened, and not once or twice :thumb_yello::wink2:

Yes, erm...including Christine and Suzy :roftl:

Lol! ..... Im laughing at us drunkards singing away and hugging in the corner ! :roftl:

awww christine and suzy !!! come back to england !!

_____________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX__________

_________XXXX__________________XXXX_______

_______XXX________________________XXX_____

_____XXX____________________________XXX___

___XXX________________________________XXX__

__XXX_________XXX________XXX___________XXX_

_XX___________XXX________XXX____________XX_

_XX___________XXX________XXX_____________XX_

_XX_____XXX____________________XXX_______XX_

_XX_____XX______________________XX_______XX_

_XX______XXX__________________XXX________XX_

__XX_____XXXX________________XXXX_______XX__

___XX_______XXXX__________XXXX_________XX__

____XX_________XXXXXXXXXXXX___________XX__

_______XXXX______________________XXXX____

__________XXXX________________XXXX______

____________XXXXXX________XXXXX_____

__________________XXXXXXXXX______

:naughty::wink2:

It always gets deep:naughty:

Of course, and he knows what being loyal is. Of course you can always give your own opinion about his actions and attitudes and tastes, and you still are loyal! All him saying is that we can't be blind and say he's perfect, but we can't be pointing out every single thing we don't like about him either. He's just who he is, and we can't do anything about it even if we want to! I like him just the way he is and I think everyone should. But not unconditionally like I said before, thinking he's god or that he's perfect.

No, you can always say your (Reasonable) opinion and that's why this is exposed!

Yep, yep, yep. I agree :thumb_yello: He shouldn't change we shouldn't point everything out. It's all clear: he's himself, we respect that, it's cool :punk:

Yep, yep, yep. I agree :thumb_yello: He shouldn't change we shouldn't point everything out. It's all clear: he's himself, we respect that, it's cool :punk:

Yep! That's the way it works:bleh:

Oh and some people can't believe he's just good as he is so that's why they're always pointing out things, in their subconcious they're trying to find reasons to not liking him.:naughty::roftl:

Yep! That's the way it works:bleh:

Oh and some people can't believe he's just good as he is so that's why they're always pointing out things, in their subconcious they're trying to find reasons to not liking him.:naughty::roftl:

:shocked:I hope not:roftl:

:shocked:I hope not:roftl:

:roftl:

Really, I know this because I've had that stupid experience, once I realized I was starting to like him a lot I always tried to find something to get me back so I could return to my normal life:roftl:

Really, I know this because I've had that stupid experience, once I realized I was starting to like him a lot I always tried to find something to get me back so I could return to my normal life:roftl:

Ah I see.:roftl: I prefer this to normal life because everyone thinks I'm weird otherwise.:thumb_yello:

I constantly keep trying to go off him .... I'm far too old for all this I keep telling myself ..... lol .... not even seeing Franz has worked :wink2: I still like him more at the moment :)

Ah I see.:roftl: I prefer this to normal life because everyone thinks I'm weird otherwise.:thumb_yello:

Same here!:wink2:

I constantly keep trying to go off him .... I'm far too old for all this I keep telling myself ..... lol .... not even seeing Franz has worked :wink2: I still like him more at the moment :)

Yep no matter how I tried I could never stop liking him so I just gave in.:naughty:

Christine, I like your agnostic approach to the whole religion but how come they haven't burnt you yet ? Gathering kindling, very likely...

Oh I've had my toes to the fire a few times already. :naughty:

I agree with you that there is rarely a truly agnostic philosophy towards assessing Mika's character, his thoughts, etc. It is only decided that these things can't be known when the quality or behaviour is deemed undesireable.

There are very few who will argue you with if you say that he is caring and loyal and has strong morals, etc. We are permitted to extrapolate that from what we've seen but it is not fair to call him bossy or childish or flaky based on exactly the same evidence.

awww christine and suzy !!! come back to england !!

_____________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX__________

_________XXXX__________________XXXX_______

_______XXX________________________XXX_____

___XXX________________________________XXX__

__XXX_________XXX________XXX___________XXX_

_XX___________XXX________XXX____________XX_

_XX_____XXX____________________XXX_______XX_

_XX_____XX______________________XX_______XX_

_XX______XXX__________________XXX________XX_

__XX_____XXXX________________XXXX_______XX__

___XX_______XXXX__________XXXX_________XX__

____XX_________XXXXXXXXXXXX___________XX__

_______XXXX______________________XXXX____

__________XXXX________________XXXX______

____________XXXXXX________XXXXX_____

__________________XXXXXXXXX______

Oh we are dying to!!! Will try this year for sure. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the smiley face. :naughty:

I like the music of a few other artists more than Mika's and generally like female singers more. But none of them are Mika and that's that. If I take to anyone in the next 20 years the way I've taken to Mika I will be very very surprised.

Sorry for the multi posts and quoting out of order. My brain is broken this morning.

He can't like Lady GaGa, Mika would never like Lady GaGa. :rolls_eyes:

Don't even get me started on Lady Gaga. :naughty:

Nothing wrong with not sharing Mika's taste in music but if anyone wouldn't fully expect that he would be into what she was doing...then we have not been watching and reading the same interviews for the past 2 years. I feel like I and some of his other fans are living in parallel universes sometimes and the Mika living in my universe is not the one living in theirs.

Sorry for the multi posts and quoting out of order. My brain is broken this morning.

Nothing wrong with not sharing Mika's taste in music but if anyone wouldn't fully expect that he would be into what she was doing...then we have not been watching and reading the same interviews for the past 2 years. I feel like I and some of his other fans are living in parallel universes sometimes.

Exactly. I think it's more than said and known that he likes various types of music, and the one that Lady GaGa makes is one of them. I don't know how surprising it is knowing he likes her music... I don't see it as anything new:naughty:

Nothing wrong with not sharing Mika's taste in music but if anyone wouldn't fully expect that he would be into what she was doing...then we have not been watching and reading the same interviews for the past 2 years. I feel like I and some of his other fans are living in parallel universes sometimes and the Mika living in my universe is not the one living in theirs.

Would it be strange of me to think, it would be odd of him, not to like her music?

Exactly. I think it's more than said and known that he likes various types of music, and the one that Lady GaGa makes is one of them. I don't know how surprising it is knowing he likes her music... I don't see it as anything new:naughty:

It's not even just about her music. Although she has made one of the greatest pop/dance tracks ever so that would certainly qualify her right there.

But she is a performer in the vein of all the 70s and 80s glam and drama that he loves. Someone posted here recently that she has listed Mika as one of her inspirations and I had wondered about this even before I read it. The Just Dance video screams Grace Kelly especially since the song is about a dance club and yet it is set in a house.

I don't expect Mika is going to have Akon rapping on his next single but that doesn't mean he has no appreciation for what other artists are doing.

AND, when all is said and done, Just Dance has been at the top of the charts in many countries, so an awful lot of people like Lady Gaga, why is it so surprising that Mika is one of them? :blink:

And he was in her video, after all.

Would it be strange of me to think, it would be odd of him, not to like her music?

I personally would have found it very odd and if he and Perez had shunned Lady Gaga I would have chalked it up to some kind of personal issue/personality clash like Perez seems to have with Lily Allen.

It's not even just about her music. Although she has made one of the greatest pop/dance tracks ever so that would certainly qualify her right there.

But she is a performer in the vein of all the 70s and 80s glam and drama that he loves. Someone posted here recently that she has listed Mika as one of her inspirations and I had wondered about this even before I read it. The Just Dance video screams Grace Kelly especially since the song is about a dance club and yet it is set in a house.

I don't expect Mika is going to have Akon rapping on his next single but that doesn't mean he has no appreciation for what other artists are doing.

Yep, I noticed that right after someone pointed the video out.

And her performances are exactly as you say, very retro, and I think we all know Mika appreaciates that. And the fact that he is one of her inspirations contributes to the fact that they do have something alike.

Bold: You always pick the best words you could.:wink2:

AND, when all is said and done, Just Dance has been at the top of the charts in many countries, so an awful lot of people like Lady Gaga, why is it so surprising that Mika is one of them? :blink:

And he was in her video, after all.

Yep I don't know what's wrong in Mika liking her. I know people that do and I don't keep telling them they shouldn't just because I don't or that they don't seem like the people that would like those kind of songs:blink: I think it's pretty obvious that he likes the kind of style she presents and music. We've seen it, we've heard it so there's no reason to be surprised or to critisize it!

And yes that's a fact to consider too.:naughty: