Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've lost me here... London, France ? Or London, England ? If the French fans you have met so far were as irrespectful as that, then I guess we don't go out with the same ones... queue jumping excluded, but it's a sport here :wink2: .

I call Michael Holbrook Penniman 'Mica' to humour him, as he is bent on making us believe that is his true christian name.

I googled then wikipediaed 'British Isles' and came up with the following :

The British Isles are a group of islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe that include Great Britain and Ireland, and numerous smaller islands.[7] There are two sovereign states located on the islands: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Ireland.[8] The British Isles also includes the Crown Dependencies of the Isle of Man and, by tradition, the Channel Islands, although the latter are not physically a part of the island group.[9]

The term British Isles is controversial in relation to Ireland, where there are objections to its usage. The government of Ireland discourages its use.[10][11][12][13] "Britain and Ireland" is a frequently used alternative name for the group.[14][15]

The first English use of the term Brytish Iles was in 1577 by John Dee,[16] an advocate of imperial expansion.[17] Since Irish independence, the term British Isles is deprecated by some speakers, while others regard it purely as a geographical rather than political description.[16]

If it's all right by you, I'll stick to the geographical approach rather than the pc one. I think it would be silly to say, for instance, that Switzerland is not a European country because it is not part of the EU. It is not, is it ?

Marie-Thérèse

OMG :shocked: ! Sire is bent :swoon: ?

Cheers,

Id3

I'm really glad to hear that you are a lot of people buying tickets so you can frame them, that is like so much cooler than if someone could actually go to the gig :yay:

Totally agree on that. It can be hard sometimes to get tickets and if you then find out some save them just to have them.

Not that much fun.

I'm really glad to hear that you are a lot of people buying tickets so you can frame them, that is like so much cooler than if someone could actually go to the gig :yay:

My mind must really be going as I honestly don't remember stealing money, either from you or anybody else, to buy several tickets to the Parc des Princes and Beirut gigs :confused: .

What shocks me :shocked: is that some people on the MFC buy tickets by the dozen only to sell them on the Internet, for a profit.

Of my Beirut tickets, one was given to a Lebanese friend and two sold exactly the price I had paid for them.

I often buy tickets and give them away to friends, for the sheer pleasure of introducing them to good music. But then I am so close-fisted :wink2: !

Marie-Thérèse

You've lost me here... London, France ? Or London, England ? If the French fans you have met so far were as irrespectful as that, then I guess we don't go out with the same ones... queue jumping excluded, but it's a sport here :wink2: .

I call Michael Holbrook Penniman 'Mica' to humour him, as he is bent on making us believe that is his true christian name.

I googled then wikipediaed 'British Isles' and came up with the following :

The British Isles are a group of islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe that include Great Britain and Ireland, and numerous smaller islands.[7] There are two sovereign states located on the islands: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Ireland.[8] The British Isles also includes the Crown Dependencies of the Isle of Man and, by tradition, the Channel Islands, although the latter are not physically a part of the island group.[9]

The term British Isles is controversial in relation to Ireland, where there are objections to its usage. The government of Ireland discourages its use.[10][11][12][13] "Britain and Ireland" is a frequently used alternative name for the group.[14][15]

The first English use of the term Brytish Iles was in 1577 by John Dee,[16] an advocate of imperial expansion.[17] Since Irish independence, the term British Isles is deprecated by some speakers, while others regard it purely as a geographical rather than political description.[16]

If it's all right by you, I'll stick to the geographical approach rather than the pc one. I think it would be silly to say, for instance, that Switzerland is not a European country because it is not part of the EU. It is not, is it ?

Marie-Thérèse

Clearly you have no family in Ireland!

The South of Ireland has it's own government, independent of the North, which is under the British government.

I guarantee to you, if you said to any Southern Irish person that they were British, you better be a fast runner!

They even have separate passports for heavens sake!

And the South use Euros, where the North use Pound Sterling. Are you getting the picture now?

Oh that was the funniest thread. Good old schock. :naughty:

yeah i asked him if he can send it to me like yonks ago.

and he sent it today:naughty:

i'm just listening to it it.so far so fu*king hilarious:lmfao:

"i wish they closed the door aaah yes aah yes":roftl:

Edited by dilek

Poor Mika!:biggrin2:

what poor mika! poor us:sneaky2:

no wonder i always wish someone closes the door! now it makes all sense:doh:

he's obviosly brainwashing us:sneaky2:

Edited by dilek

Had we reached the conclusion TB was also in the album????:blink:

Thought it would only be featured on the EP...:shocked:

didn't we already fighure there'd have to be an overproduced Disney version on the album? :teehee: glad to see it confirmed though, then that must mean that there's a real accoustic version on the EP :wub2: