Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't know if impressed was the right word, i just used the first thing that popped into my mind and that was it. Flattered also fits the bill, and i don't even realise if their meanings are different.

Although i consider myself quiet fluent in english, sometimes i miss little nuances and use the wrong term. In any case,it doesn't matter to me. The reason why i went to LA (and moved heaven and earth to put it into practice) was because i wanted to, for myself,not to get a reaction from Mika.

Many fans have crossed oceans for him before and he is aware of it,so i'm not even claiming to having done something special.

It was just really nice that he specifically mentioned it, totally unexpected, and he seemed genuinely touched by it which is what touched me. I don't believe for a second that this would make me a better fan in his eyes, nor is it an ego boost. It's just nice to see that he's not removed from reality and that he appreciates these things. That's all.

I don’t believe Sara is bursting with money -not that it’s any of my business- and I think that what we are ready to do to go to a M gig in terms of hassle and spending is a case of passion versus sanity.

Not that money is immaterial but while I’d rather spend it on M concerts plane tickets, hotel rooms and theatre tickets than on a brand new car, some fans draw the line at going to another city. They are not lesser fans, they just have other priorities.

What I find particularly endearing in the way Mica reacts to what we do for him is the fact that he appreciates more than anything else what it costs us in terms of efforts. For instance he is immensely touched by what people make for him and I may be pathetically naïve but I am convinced that he is very sincere, he is not trying to be adorable, as is sometimes the case with him.

He does realise that money may be a major issue though. He may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, still don’t forget he had to work to earn his pocket money –waiting in restaurants not being the best choice as he tended to tell the silly sods where they could shove their ridiculous demands but that’s another story…

On the other hand what is highly irritating is his off-hand attitude when, for instance, he announces an over the pond gig a couple of days before it takes place.

It is puzzling because in many other ways he has shown a tremendous love and respect for his fans. I suppose he is just messy and badly organised but it can be felt as lack of consideration.

Even if I had been able to go to LA at such short notice, I wouldn’t have because I would have felt played with and I am nobody’s puppet. There my sanity -or conceit- would have overcome my passion…

Marie-Thérèse

:tears: :tears: :tears::wub2::wub2::wub2:

mikasounds@MikaFanClub I have read this and of course will take it seriously. Thank u for bringing it to my attention.

35 minutes ago from Tweetie in reply to MikaFanClub

mikasoundsDay off today. Bliss gonna check out Antwerp. Just found out gigs are almost all sold out.

36 minutes ago from Tweetie

MikaFanClub@mikasounds Many have tweeted this at you: http://bit.ly/Y73OW If you are interested, have your mgmt contact MFC mods, we have details.

43 minutes ago from web

Edited by mari62

Even if I had been able to go to LA at such short notice, I wouldn’t have because I would have felt played with and I am nobody’s puppet. There my sanity -or conceit- would have overcome my passion…

Marie-Thérèse

On the one hand, it was a long-awaited show - the first show after several months and obviously with new music -, so obviously most people would have moved earth and heaven to be part of it if they had had the chance to... That's why I don't really understand how it was all handled... (like announcing it only a couple of days in advance and basically leaving no chance of attendence for any 'average' fan living outside the States...) or perhaps he saw this as another chance to break into the US market - with the help of Perez - but if he had any such intention I think he miscalculated.

On the other hand, however, it might as well have been just a random thought and wanted to experience with how the new songs are received before they become part of his regular show...etc. With the media being almost completely absent it was a very convenient and safe choice because if it had not been well received, he would have still had time to change plans...

All in all if it was announced WELL IN ADVANCE as a very special event that will never be repeated...etc, I might have attended as I have never been to LA so I would have done the sightseeing part as well, but as for the show, I don't think it would have been much more different that seeing him live anywhere else in Europe.

In other words, I am neither his puppet nor a Barbie girl.:biggrin2:

:Update:

The new vlog is up! Unless they took it down again :naughty

EDIT: Maybe I had an invite to watch it 'cause I don't see it anymore. Thank god for RealPlayer :wub2:

I can't see the vlog cause I'm at work now :aah:

:tears::wub2:

mikasounds@MikaFanClub I have read this and of course will take it seriously. Thank u for bringing it to my attention.

mikasoundsDay off today. Bliss gonna check out Antwerp. Just found out gigs are almost all sold out.

36 minutes ago from Tweetie

MikaFanClub@mikasounds Many have tweeted this at you: http://bit.ly/Y73OW If you are interested, have your mgmt contact MFC mods, we have details.

43 minutes ago from web

:tears: What a sweet BOY :wub2:

and I'd really like to be a golden retriever btw

One particular golden retriever? :naughty:

What I find particularly endearing in the way Mica reacts to what we do for him is the fact that he appreciates more than anything else what it costs us in terms of efforts. For instance he is immensely touched by what people make for him and I may be pathetically naïve but I am convinced that he is very sincere, he is not trying to be adorable, as is sometimes the case with him.

Yes, I agree with that 100%. I believe wholeheartedly that Mika genuinely appreciates the efforts his fans make. That's part of what allows me to be such a passionate fan - a belief that he does truly care. I think his mother instilled that in him, to be very appreciative of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if she points out to him that all the record sales, all the adoring fans could just disappear seemingly overnight. Happens to a lot of great artists. And I think that makes him appreciate it even more.

:tears: :tears: :wub2::wub2:

This is a great community. And he's got a great heart. :wub2:

On the other hand, however, it might as well have been just a random thought and wanted to experience with how the new songs are received before they become part of his regular show...etc. With the media being almost completely absent it was a very convenient and safe choice because if it had not been well received, he would have still had time to change plans...

I think that's more accurate. I think he was tired of staring at studio walls, wanted to feel a little fan love, so he arranged this gig. He's also been working his behind off on these songs, so I think he was eager to see how they worked live. And, I think it was also likely a test for some things to decide what will work on this upcoming tour. :wub2:

Yes, I agree with that 100%. I believe wholeheartedly that Mika genuinely appreciates the efforts his fans make. That's part of what allows me to be such a passionate fan - a belief that he does truly care. I think his mother instilled that in him, to be very appreciative of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if she points out to him that all the record sales, all the adoring fans could just disappear seemingly overnight. Happens to a lot of great artists. And I think that makes him appreciate it even more.

He has a father too. By all accounts a lovely and considerate person.

Let's not consider J. Penniman as a kind of XXth century virgin mother, or we might replay 'The life of Brian' without the Monty Python's sense of derision...

Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

He has a father too. By all accounts a lovely and considerate person.

Let's not consider J. Penniman as a kind of XXth century virgin mother, or we might replay 'The life of Brian' without the Monty Python's sense of derision...

:lmao:

No, I'm pretty sure Papa P was indeed involved in Mika's conception. Can't say for sure, I wasn't there. :naughty:

But M himself says that he comes from a very matriarchal family, so I think it's indeed Mama P who rules the roost. :wink2:

OMG - Love this!!! :roftl:

http://twitpic.com/55bv5

Here's another http://twitpic.com/55bv5

21 minuten ago from Tweetie

At the Walter Van Beirendonck store in Antwerp. This has to be one of the coolest shops I've ever seen. Blown away http://twitpic.com/55bsh

23 minuten ago from Tweetie

Does anybody knows what kind of shop it is?

Looks like some kind of furniture shop to me, but I can be completely wrong:roftl:

Here's another http://twitpic.com/55bv5

21 minuten ago from Tweetie

At the Walter Van Beirendonck store in Antwerp. This has to be one of the coolest shops I've ever seen. Blown away http://twitpic.com/55bsh

23 minuten ago from Tweetie

Does anybody knows what kind of shop it is?

Looks like some kind of furniture shop to me, but I can be completely wrong:roftl:

He's a Belgian designer (clothes), his collections are quite edgy most of the time. I think he's even designed the costumes for a u2 tour.

a VIP version of ikea? :roftl:

:roftl:

He is a fashion designer according to wikipedia..

Edit: oops, sorry didn't see your post when I was posting

He's a Belgian designer (clothes), his collections are quite edgy most of the time. I think he's even designed the costumes for a u2 tour.
Edited by Iridaceae

This is a great community. And he's got a great heart. :wub2:

indeed :wub2:

OMG - Love this!!! :roftl:

http://twitpic.com/55bv5

:roftl:

that vlog is so cute, really.

love the very last seconds, with the stage curtain and ppl peeping from it.

great cameraman :naughty:

:wub2:

No really! his cameraskills have improved! I love his focus pullings! :teehee:

ooh and I loved to see that jumping crowd with a jumping Mika! :wub2: