Mika a bid Jacko fan: The Sun

dcdeb

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2370369.ece

WE haven’t seen much of camp pop gent MIKA lately.

That’s because he has been in the US working on the follow-up to multimillion-selling debut album Life In Cartoon Motion.

And lunching with GIRLS ALOUD’s CHERYL COLE in LA.

But Mika has also been caught up in the Jackomania sweeping the globe.

The Grace Kelly singer plans to bid for MICHAEL JACKSON’s iconic diamanté gloves and his Zoltar The Fortune Teller fairground machine in the Neverland auction, starting on April 22.

He’ll need to dig deep in his pockets to get those gloves, one of the most prized items in the auction.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jacko is so hard up for cash even Da Stare won't cut it.

why not? it works on Rose!!! :lmao:

can you imagine mika wearing the glove and doing the moonwalk?

even in my wilding dream, i just can't picture it! :naughty:

Did Mika mention the glove yesterday on Twitter?

I was up and down with my net so maybe i didn't get it, but i only recall him mentionning Zoltar...

Right?

RIGHT!

But, It's a good choice, don't you think?

IF, it's true.

RIGHT!

But, It's a good choice, don't you think?

IF, it's true.

It is!

But i'd get a bit wobbly between the gloves and Scissors hands though...:blink:

And i'd def shilly-shally over carrousell poneys and ET stuff...

Seems like they're following him on Twitter though, which is a good thing now the album is about to be released, i just don't like the adjective "camp" becoming a synonim of Mika...:thumbdown::sneaky2:

It is!

But i'd get a bit wobbly between the gloves and Scissors hands though...:blink:

And i'd def shilly-shally over carrousell poneys and ET stuff...

Seems like they're following him on Twitter though, which is a good thing now the album is about to be released, i just don't like the adjective "camp" becoming a synonim of Mika...:thumbdown::sneaky2:

My personal FAV ITEM has to be this:

6a00d8341c8ec853ef01116869024d970c-800wi

8132.png

Edited by A. Clay

why not? it works on Rose!!! :lmao:

can you imagine mika wearing the glove and doing the moonwalk?

even in my wilding dream, i just can't picture it! :naughty:

That's because I'm weak!:naughty:

This makes me laugh, as in his tweet, he asked SHOULD he buy the Zoltar? He didn't say he was buying it, and I don't think he mentioned the gloves, someone asked him why didn't he make a bid for them!

The Sun, what a rag!:roftl:

My personal FAV ITEM has to be this:

6a00d8341c8ec853ef01116869024d970c-800wi

That's what I said, Alice! If only I had the money! :thumb_yello:

Well, yeah... but you know what they say... any PR is good PR, so as long

as they're mentioning him, that's a good thing, I guess. :wink2:

Hah the diamanté gloves... God:roftl: I hope I never see him wearing that! Anyway, I believe it's a collectors' item.

And yeah Edwards' hands would be it for me too:wub2:

I can picture Mika doing the moonwalker with the glove on so this obviously isn't something good for my sanity...:naughty::lmfao:

I think he's too tall to handle it, he'd trip and make a big fall:mf_rosetinted:

I really don't know what's the big thing with the fortune teller... But I'm not surprised he picked it:naughty:

Edited by Neiobi

Obviously, The Sun is following artists' posts on twitter, that's where the story is from. The gloves bit is just an extra element to create a better story.

At the same time, it means that Mika has to be aware of what he writes on twitter but I think he very much is already - all his comments are cautious and he is basically using twitter to draw attention to his new stuff coming soon.

As soon as he posts any release dates it will appear in The Sun - I am absolutely sure about that.

Obviously, The Sun is following artists' posts on twitter, that's where the story is from. The gloves bit is just an extra element to create a better story.

At the same time, it means that Mika has to be aware of what he writes on twitter but I think he very much is already - all his comments are cautious and he is basically using twitter to draw attention to his new stuff coming soon.

As soon as he posts any release dates it will appear in The Sun - I am absolutely sure about that.

If the guy's planning to buy the gloves -not the Zoltar thing, no way, flat much too small- he definitely is mental but then he's never pretended to be normal, rather proud to be a freak actually : all that talk about his numerous disorders, probably grossly exagerated...

The scissorhands ? Yeeeees :wub2: !

Pockets deep enough to afford it, don't you worry, and well lined too :wink2: .

'camp' synonym of Mica ? If -I'm not saying it's the case- he doesn't like it, nobody's ever prevented him from looking, sounding, moving manly. The guy's an actor, he could choose any persona and be convincing with it : :bow: .

Suzie, I couldn't agree more :thumb_yello: : the twitter thing is cheap, quick and intended to keep his fans sweet while he is focusing on much more important matters, musicwise.

As for finding stuff about him in the Sun ? Bet you that he if is caught urinating on Hampstead Heath, they"ll know about it and be happy to share :roll1: .

Cheers,

Id3

That's because I'm weak!:naughty:

This makes me laugh, as in his tweet, he asked SHOULD he buy the Zoltar? He didn't say he was buying it, and I don't think he mentioned the gloves, someone asked him why didn't he make a bid for them!

just like you said he asked if he SHOULD bid for zoldar and he never mentioned the gloves. once again the sun is presenting things its own way.

loved the "what a rag" expression rose:roftl: so true!

Suzie, I couldn't agree more :thumb_yello: : the twitter thing is cheap, quick and intended to keep his fans sweet while he is focusing on much more important matters, musicwise.

just to make myself clear, I meant it as a compliment. He is a wise guy who knows the subtle ways of gaining publicity but he never ever abuses the media.

As for finding stuff about him in the Sun ? Bet you that he if is caught urinating on Hampstead Heath, they"ll know about it and be happy to share :roll1: .

Cheers,

Id3

:blink:

not sure why you wrote this bit... I do not expect to read any revelations about him in The Sun. I only meant that because of Twitter, fans should NOT expect the dates to stay secret if announced on Twitter as they will appear in The Sun right away...

As for the actions of that newspaper, believe me, they do not necessarily share all they know.:cool: ... (though I do not mean about Mika.. I don't think he is of much interest to them, anyway)

Edited by suzie

Yes I think his conversation with Perez yesterday about a secret gig was a bit of (not so?) subtle manipulation. Ironic that these secret gigs are obviously meant to draw as much attention as possible. Otherwise what's the point? Just to annoy the 99.9% of fans who can't get there without warning?

I doubt the Sun finds release dates interesting.

I doubt the Sun finds release dates interesting.

Yeah they just want to paint him out to be a wannabe weirdo like Michael Jackson.

I'm sure the Sun doesn't need to read Twitter to find out when the release is scheduled for. Tentative dates are known months in advance and it should be fairly firm by now. This information is not exactly a state secret and I know it's disseminated to record shops and anyone else who purchases product.

I found a release date for Happy Ending in Billboard before Mika ever mentioned it was going to be the next single.

Yeah they just want to paint him out to be a wannabe weirdo like Michael Jackson.

I'm sure the Sun doesn't need to read Twitter to find out when the release is scheduled for. Tentative dates are known months in advance and it should be fairly firm by now. This information is not exactly a state secret and I know it's disseminated to record shops and anyone else who purchases product.

I found a release date for Happy Ending in Billboard before Mika ever mentioned it was going to be the next single.

Yes so true, perhaps not so far ahead as the supermarkets but they start planning for the following Christmas in January/Feb. Like Christine says, anyone who buys/sells product need to know well in advance.

Yes I think his conversation with Perez yesterday about a secret gig was a bit of (not so?) subtle manipulation. Ironic that these secret gigs are obviously meant to draw as much attention as possible. Otherwise what's the point? Just to annoy the 99.9% of fans who can't get there without warning?

Yeah what is the purpose of it? To keep us titillated? In fact it pisses me off more than anything.

Did Mika mention the glove yesterday on Twitter?

I was up and down with my net so maybe i didn't get it, but i only recall him mentionning Zoltar...

Right?

He didn't mention the gloves, only the fortune telling machine from Big.

But it wouldn't be The Sun Newspaper if it didn't exagerate!

At least it's got him a mention in the press, and a mention of his "follow up to his multi-million selling debut album", so it's all good.