Jeffery Straker Being Compared to MIKA?!

Suzy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like this. He doesn't remind me of Mika at all though.

Yeah...he's okay...

Wow that made me watch the Grace Kelly video to check that it is in fact 100x better than this guy.

Yup.

Ha, ha. But yeah, this guy didn't give me goosebumps like the Fine & Kind. :naughty:

hmm i don't hear mika at all

but i do find he looks like the guy in the group creature :naughty:

:roftl: Yes - his style (the way he dresses)! But Kim Ho from Creature is Asian. :naughty:

Facebook was advertising this new musical artist from Canada name Jeffery Straker and compared him to being like our MIKA. There are some obvious similarities when you read his bio, but I dunno...maybe I'll let you decide for yourself. :wink2:

I think they're right. This could well be a Mika-song. I quite like it!

I can totally see the similarities in style between that guy and Mika. He doesn't pull it off half as skillfully and it makes my spine twitch in annoyance.

Nothing more annoying than a falsetto that isn't properly supported.

I can't stand pop. I can't stand falsettoes. I can't imagine my musical landscape without Mika for one simple reason: he knows how to control his air. :wub2:

Yeah, I see some similarities, not exactly in HIM, tho.

About the song, I like the rythm, I like the sound of if, but not his voice. I mean, I like the falsettos, but the "normal" voice...hmmm...not really! :huh:

But...the song is catchy! :wink2:

Like said before, he doesn't have the "goosebump factor". :naughty:

hmm i don't hear mika at all

but i do find he looks like the guy in the group creature :naughty:

:roftl: Yes - his style (the way he dresses)! But Kim Ho from Creature is Asian. :naughty:

is he really? i didn't even notice :naughty:

Well, they both wear hats! :naughty:

bio_photo_v2.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

Can somebody please explain what goosebump means.

You know when you are cold and you get bumps on your skin? Like the shivers?

That's what goosebumps are. Sometimes they can be bad like if you're scared or something like that.

Sometimes they can be good, like when you first heard Mika and knew you were listening to something really special!

Doesn't sound like Mika IMO. I like the song though.

i kinda like it too;)

That's what goosebumps are. Sometimes they can be bad like if you're scared or something like that.

Sometimes they can be good, like when you first heard Mika and knew you were listening to something really special!

i figured what it means a long while ago, by the way ppl use it,thought it means somethng like "being excited" . nice to know it's literal meaning.:thumb_yello:

anyway why i quote this post is: you explain things so clear AND simple! you should be a teacher:P

Oh, OK, I understand now.

Do you know what we call it in Dutch?

kippenvel= chicken-skin:naughty:

:shocked:

It looks like Mika's image has been forced on this guy, at least in the video, but he actually looks like a plumber trying to make it big in the music business.

The song itself is catchy one but nothing special or creative about it - anyone could have written and sung it.. Don't like the way he sings it, either.:thumbdown:

:shocked:

he actually looks like a plumber trying to make it big in the music business.

:naughty:

I don't know why, but that just really made me chuckle!!

Anyway, I can hear a certain similarity with Mika especially in the falsetto and the way he flips from falsetto to full voice. And the style of the song is a bit Mika-ish, but substandard Mika-lite if you ask me.

And personally I wouldn't say the song is very catchy, because I can't remember the tune at all now. It only takes one listen with Mika and you are hooked :thumb_yello:.

Looks wise? Well, I've got a leaky overflow pipe needs seeing to :bleh:.

I haven't read the back story link yet so I can't comment on that.

And personally I wouldn't say the song is very catchy, because I can't remember the tune at all now. It only takes one listen with Mika and you are hooked :thumb_yello:.

I did not say 'very' catchy, just catchy... In fact not as catchy as songs written by Dr Luke, for example, but a kind of easy-to-listen-to Gary Barlow song - something that I would not listen to.

( I know, I am so complex and complicated :naughty: )

I did not say 'very' catchy, just catchy... In fact not as catchy as songs written by Dr Luke, for example, but a kind of easy-to-listen-to Gary Barlow song - something that I would not listen to.

( I know, I am so complex and complicated :naughty: )

It's ok, I understand you with the Gary Barlow thing :naughty:

Who is Dr. Luke??:boxed: