LiCM one of the worst album titles in history

Petra

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:fisch:

I didn't mind Roger Rabbit... Not quite sure what Roger Rabbit has to do with Meeks though...

Wait... maybe it's the bowties! :naughty:

roger_rabbit1.jpg

braces?:wink2:

rabbit teeth? :naughty:

we know NME and their love for mika...nothing new under the sun :mf_rosetinted:

I didn't mind Roger Rabbit... Not quite sure what Roger Rabbit has to do with Meeks though...

roger_rabbit1.jpg

:lmfao:!!!!!!!!!

Okay, some of those are really stupid... or long...

Or both...

Yes, some are longer than complete songs from Mika :roftl:

I don't think we should waste time discussing anything written in the NME:thumbdown:

Historically they do not recognise talented performers. Their journalists only go for the look. (i.e if you look like a drug addict , always have a cigarette hanging out of your mouth and a bottle of beer in your left hand, then you can appear in NME) They and their readers know NOTHING about music, and are proud to be 'intellectual snobs' - whilst they are just poor, depressed people with a literature degree from Cambridge or a high school degree with 204 unpublished poems - they are so cool.:cool:

I don't think we should waste time discussing anything written in the NME:thumbdown:

Historically they do not recognise talented performers. Their journalists only go for the look. (i.e if you look like a drug addict , always have a cigarette hanging out of your mouth and a bottle of beer in your left hand, then you can appear in NME) They and their readers know NOTHING about music, and are proud to be 'intellectual snobs' - whilst they are just poor, depressed people with a literature degree from Cambridge or a high school degree with 204 unpublished poems - they are so cool.:cool:

Hi Suzie

I was agreeing with you all the way until I got to the bold bit :naughty: although the bit about unpublished poems may be true. They are not intellectually bright, though - their minds are too closed for that :bleh:

Ehm, thankyouverymuch. I read it and a lot of my friends do, too. I wouldnt necessarily say that my favourite bands consist of drug-addicts or people that look like this. And I would also say that I know more than nothing about music. :blink:

braces?:wink2:

rabbit teeth?

I never thought about the braces... or the teeth...

Yes, some are longer than complete songs from Mika :roftl:

They're fricking ridiculous...

But I guess that's classified as cool...

When you mentioned the intellectual snobs bit, I thought of two Americans that live here and that I'm kind of friendly with...

They didn't like me at first cause I hardly spoke to them, and when I did speak it was about movies and stuff, but once I indulged in a little intellectual discussion with them, they liked me... They liked my cousin straight away, apparently cause she went to uni... I did too, but maybe teaching isn't seen as intellectual enough.. they also didn't like my sister at first cause she's a hairdresser and dumbs herself down, but she's incredibly smart and knowledgeable about books and such...

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that I might pay a little bit of attention to what they say, but I don't always believe it. I personally think then LICM is a cool title, though they got it right with the other 49 titles... they really were crap.

Hi Suzie

I was agreeing with you all the way until I got to the bold bit :naughty: although the bit about unpublished poems may be true. They are not intellectually bright, though - their minds are too closed for that :bleh:

well, I don't underestimate some journalists' intellectual powers but most of them writing about music are narrow minded and always put people into boxes - usually pop ends up in the trash can without making a clear distinction between S Club 7 and .. hmm.. anyone else, particularly if they become popular.

A typical example of this was that when Grace Kelly was played on Virgin Radio evry two hours until it was released and became No1.... Then they decided Mika was not cool enough for them... and they play bloody Brian Adams all the time..How snobbish these people are..

Anyway, I don't really read the NME that much so it was mainly about music journalism in UK in general. (experience I have had in the past 2 decades).

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that I might pay a little bit of attention to what they say, but I don't always believe it. I personally think then LICM is a cool title, though they got it right with the other 49 titles... they really were crap.

Yep :smth:. I think they usually have a freaking hilarious writing style which is informative, entertaining and gives me lots of new vocab :naughty:. And they talk about smaller or less known (mostly indie-) bands as well which I'd otherwise probably not know. :cheerful_h4h:

Yep :smth:. I think they usually have a freaking hilarious writing style which is informative, entertaining and gives me lots of new vocab :naughty:. And they talk about smaller or less known (mostly indie-) bands as well which I'd otherwise probably not know. :cheerful_h4h:

Very true...

Actually I remember the link to the 25 thing you might not know about U2... I knew 24 of them (and IMO they were things a newbie U2 fan first finds out about)...

I also take that attitude of listening and then disregarding what people say quite a lot... especially in the pipe band when the bagpipers try to tell me what to do...

roger_rabbit1.jpg

The skinny arms maybe?:roftl:

Nah sorry meeks you know I love you!:wub2:

Cool or not cool, it did its job didn't it?:biggrin2:

Very true...

Actually I remember the link to the 25 thing you might not know about U2... I knew 24 of them (and IMO they were things a newbie U2 fan first finds out about)...

I also take that attitude of listening and then disregarding what people say quite a lot... especially in the pipe band when the bagpipers try to tell me what to do...

Actually, at one time, they said something about a title, and then put this -

: FAIL.

I felt like saying "it should say ':EPIC FAIL.' "

When you mentioned the intellectual snobs bit, I thought of two Americans that live here and that I'm kind of friendly with...

They didn't like me at first cause I hardly spoke to them, and when I did speak it was about movies and stuff, but once I indulged in a little intellectual discussion with them, they liked me... They liked my cousin straight away, apparently cause she went to uni... I did too, but maybe teaching isn't seen as intellectual enough.. they also didn't like my sister at first cause she's a hairdresser and dumbs herself down, but she's incredibly smart and knowledgeable about books and such...

... yeah, well, I just want to clarify that I am not prejudiced against people with a degree ( I have 3, for instance, one being English language and literature - obviuosly not from the UK:naughty:) but I do believe that most music journalists behave in a snobbish way and / because most of them have NO background in music at all... They only read literature and think they can judge any form of art with that piece of paper in their hands.

I personally think that it is not a diploma that decides how intelligent and open minded people are.

Edited by suzie

... yeah, well, I just want to clarify that I am not prejudiced against people with a degree ( I have 3, for instance, one being English language and literature - obviuosly not from the UK:naughty:) but I do believe that most music journalists behave in a snobbish way and / because most of them have NO background in music at all... They only read literature and think they can judge any form of art with that piece of paper in their hands.

I personally think that it is not a diploma that decides how intelligent and open minded people are.

I didn't think you were... it just reminded me of the Americans (neither hold a degree but think they can judge that sort of stuff cause they don't follow popular culture)...

Oh, and I agree with what you say about the music reporters.. I was also just reminded me of how Meeks said he was rejected by the indie scene because he was too commercial, and rejected by the more popular scene cause he was too weird...

¬¬

no musical taste at all :mf_rosetinted:

hahahahha

i`m agree with you :thumb_yello:

But the other 49 are MUCH worse!!

:wink2:

They say "Mika, ‘Life in Cartoon Motion’ (2007). A suitable title coming from the Roger Rabbit of modern pop."

Roger Rabbit????:blink:

I don't know where they got Roger Rabbit from, but I would take that as a compliment - not the other way around! Mika probably would, too. :naughty: They can't even offend him with style! :lmao:

I have always thought that Life In Cartoon Motion is one of the most imaginative album titles I've ever heard of. :thumb_yello:

pmsl go suzie :punk: