LiCM one of the worst album titles in history

Petra

Me too, I grew up listening to my dad's records, including Queen, Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, The Doors and many others.

But I think that it's normal for a 15 yr old not knowing bands that were famous 20 years before they were born.

I mean, ok, it's a bit shocking yes, but it's just the way things go. I don't know a lot of bands my dad and uncles use to listen to and sometimes I'm like "who??" and they look at me like I'm a freak! Then they remember I'm 25 and explain who those people were :naughty:

Aaaaannnnddd...we're like TOTALLY off topic, right? :naughty:

Yeah. Some dads have quite decent tastes in music.:original:

Yeah true. But I think not knowing who Queen and the Beatles are..:blink:

Off topic? When aren't we?:naughty:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Some dads have quite decent tastes in music.:original:

Yeah true. But I think not knowing who Queen and the Beatles are..:blink:

Off topic? When aren't we?:naughty:

Yes, it IS a bit shocking! :naughty:

Ohhhhh! Blasphemyyy! We're never off topic! :shocked::roftl::roftl:

Silly old NME :naughty:

I wouldn't say LICM was the greatest album title of all time but to have it in the Top 50 Worst??...:bleh: well the Mika-haters just decided it was time for another little dig at him, it's been a while after all, and they obviously miss him!

Roger Rabbit though...:roftl:

I am so looking forward to the NME review of the new album :biggrin2:

yes it was quite an astounding piece of work you did there, VERY impressive, and lets face it probably much more interesting than what they say in NME lol.

PS. yeah he DOES have a Roger Rabbit look about him now you come to mention it, he might just be quite chuffed about that since he likes cartoons so much.

I thought it was pretty damn clever too...

He probably would be pleased about that connection...

It's a bit like reading teen magazines - I usually hate them but then they have posters, stickers and lots of other nice things :lmfao:.

So do I... when i go to newsagents I look to se what the posters are...

Holy **** but you're not the only one I know ppl who haven't heard of Abba :roftl:

How could anyone not have heard of ABBA???

I love the title LiCM, It's imaginative and just right. Who cares what they think. As for calling Mika, Rodger Rabbit, that's okay. Has anyone seen the babe that Rodger Rabbit is married to?!!

:fisch:

jessicarabbit.jpg

I bags being Mika's Jessica Rabbit!

I think the same. And some of the titles in that list aren't even that bad. I like the really long ones, and some of the pun ones.

Some of the pun ones are veeery bad though. And some are just stupid.

I thought the one about the tuna fish was so bad it was good!

It was something like, "You can tune a rod but you can't tuna fish"

My parents thought it was important for me to know who Queen, the Rolling Stones and so were. I was just brought up with that, and bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Same here.. I grew up with Queen, Skyhooks, AC/DC... and as I got older I started getting into Elvis...

I cannot like the Beatles at all.. no matter how much I lsten to them (I Am The Walrus is an awesome song... and was probably written while they were high)...

Aaaaannnnddd...we're like TOTALLY off topic, right?

Nothing wrong with being off topic... there's only so much talking about NME we can do before the thread dies...

I did not say I did not like druggies' music (MGMT in particular ar awesome, I think). We would have never had the music of the 70s without drugs... I just don't like when music is judged by appearance. The junkie look was just an example but I might as well have said drunken look or in the 90s those psychadelic bands with the funny haircuts...

Because the way Mika looks and dresses has nothing to do with how much you like him? :rolls_eyes:

Haha, I had NO IDEA. But simply judging from your level of English you CANNOT be 'just' 14 :naughty:

Well, Ed is hard to describe but... that guy knew. *shrugs* It was a bit annoying though. :naughty:

What what what what? God, I don't understand humans. (But it's the same with people here. :blink:)

Linde, I thought you were around 16 like last year :shocked:

Harry Potter is 24??

*cough* I didn't know Queen/Freddie Mercury until I signed up here, and I didn't know what Mick Jagger looked like until I got the free tickets to Shine a Light.

It's a shame.:naughty:

My parents thought it was important for me to know who Queen, the Rolling Stones and so were. I was just brought up with that, and bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

My dad only listens to Tom Jones and John Farham, and my mum only listens to Cliff Richards, she was a massive fangirl of his when she was younger. She has a photo album of 60's-'photoshops' of her and him (pictures cut from magazines with photos of her cut to be standing next to him and such :roftl:)

Because the way Mika looks and dresses has nothing to do with how much you like him? :rolls_eyes:[/Quote]

:naughty:

Yeah, something like that!

Harry Potter is 24??

Yes :smth: . He started at the age of 18 or so with that gig-stuff and... uhm, but actually I have no idea whether this explains his MASSIVE knowledge of pre-1980s bands :blink:.

My dad only listens to Tom Jones and John Farham, and my mum only listens to Cliff Richards, she was a massive fangirl of his when she was younger. She has a photo album of 60's-'photoshops' of her and him (pictures cut from magazines with photos of her cut to be standing next to him and such :roftl:)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How adorable is your mum???

Mine was never than stalkerish- ahem... devoted... then again, she never liked Cliff, she was more into Sherbet and BCR...

I'm sure they'll hate it, hah

Not only am I sure of that...I'm also sure they've already written their review of it!:naughty:

Mika - *Insert rubbish album title*

Oh no Roger Rabbit is back..camp..annoying..hyperactive..blah blah..falsetto blah blah (ha! they'll have to eat those words :wink2:)..flamboyant..drivel...sub-Scissor Sisters..curly haired fool blah blah..go away Mika! *fill in blanks with the odd song title*

-1 out ot 10

Not only am I sure of that...I'm also sure they've already written their review of it!:naughty:

Oh no Roger Rabbit is back..camp..annoying..hyperactive..blah blah..falsetto blah blah (ha! they'll have to eat those words :wink2:)..flamboyant..drivel...sub-Scissor Sisters..curly haired fool blah blah..go away Mika! *fill in blanks with the odd song title*

-1 out ot 10

You forgot the "Freddie Mercury wannabe" part! :roftl:

*cough* I didn't know Queen/Freddie Mercury until I signed up here, and I didn't know what Mick Jagger looked like until I got the free tickets to Shine a Light.

Why does everyone think I'm 16 or older?:roftl:

:shocked:BLASPHEMY! JK.

Haha, that's awesome:roftl:

Not only am I sure of that...I'm also sure they've already written their review of it!

-1 out ot 10

They probably already have...

But we all know they'll secretly love it... they can't hide théir fanboy/fangirl behavious forever! *insert evil laugh here*

-1 out ot 10

It sucks but that's so true but oh well... as long as we love it i don't care about their opinion about Mika