Mika and Gaga in The Sun

suzie

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you are upset.. :roftl:

Yes, we are all different. I personally would not be interested in sitting down for a tea with Gaga, either, and would probably even try to take a few steps back in case she is nearby so that I don't gain any of the unnecessarily attention of hers.. and that's also a personality clash between me and Gaga...

But as for Mika, I think he is safe. If people judge him based on who his friends are, that's their problem. Moreover, I think that he should then be more concerned about the 'fame' Perez Hilton brings him. I personaly think his 'comments' on celebrities are rather cheap and uneducated. But it does not necessarily reflect on Mika. I keep saying to myself that he knows better.

Well, I'm not really upset, it's just that I always happen to feel my emotions very strongly, good or bad :roftl:. I'm one of those mediterranean types, so we are quite passionate :naughty:.

I will say one thing though. We have a saying in Spain: "Dime con quien andas y te dire como eres" (Tell me who you hang out with, and I will tell you what you are like) :wink2:.

End of the day this is what makes MFC fun .. we all have different opinions .. not one person is right:thumb_yello:

Yes, exactly, it's great that we can all have different opinions, debate them, and perhaps every now and then even see other people's points and make them ours.

For example, until this whole thing I had never seen her perform, so now I have, and I can tell that she's good as a singer/performer. There is always something to be learnt from any of these 'dramas' I believe, so it's all good.

People need to disagree every now and then, nothing is ever totally perfect. How boring that would be if we just quoted eachother all the time going: "yes, true" , "I agree" "You're so right"

ETC ETC ETC :roftl:

Well, I'm not really upset, it's just that I always happen to feel my emotions very strongly, good or bad :roftl:. I'm one of those mediterranean types, so we are quite passionate :naughty:.

I will say one thing though. We have a saying in Spain: "Dime con quien andas y te dire como eres" (Tell me who you hang out with, and I will tell you what you are like) :wink2:.

Birds of a feather flock together....:naughty:

and we have something in my language as well and it is more similar to the Spanish saying , like 'tell me who your friend is and I'll tell you who you are'

..but we don't know Mika's real friends do we?

..until this whole thing I had never seen her perform, so now I have, and I can tell that she's good as a singer/performer. There is always something to be learnt from any of these 'dramas' I believe, so it's all good.

Perhaps Mika's intention was to plug her on MFC :naughty:

Edited by suzie

I did not hear her singing. Now especially I do not wish to hear. I hope she is not that person to whom Mika will entrust to sing him songs.

And

How many we have such photos? All has been carefully organized. Otherwise we have seen photos not only its porch, but the house in all foreshortenings.

:aah:

Why are some people seemingly shocked by this? We all knew Lady Gaga likes to wear outfits like this...she just happens to be linking arms with Mika, nothing wrong with that.

Her umbrella matches his coat a bit too. :naughty:

They look like an artistic mess, and I love it!! :groovy:

Cherry Cherry boom boom. :wink2:

As far as him revealing the front door of his house, and so many getting so worked up about it, I find that astounding, since I know for a fact that a number of people here have not only researched where he lives, and stalked his home, but have even sent packages there or knocked on his door! :shocked:

What's astounding is that I've noticed many of the people worked up about it are exactly the people you're talking about.

I think this reaction has absolutely nothing to do with a concern for Mika's privacy and it's simply a desire to keep him all to themselves. You can't be the special protector of secrets if the whole world knows the secret. You can't have special access to Mika to give him gifts and peek in his window if the whole world can do it too.

Let's get real here. The only people Mika needs to hide his front door from are the ones who've already seen it with their own two eyes. The rest of the world doesn't care.

I have never believed that Mika is an exceptionally private person and I'm not surprised he has documentary cameras in his living room and tweets his whereabouts on a regular basis. I think he just doesn't want people asking invasive questions about his sex life or otherwise embarassing him or his friends and family. Inviting the paps to his doorstep is a bit of a dangerous game but I think they will retreat back where they came from as soon as GaGa is gone.

Well, personally, I agree with sariflor. And robertina. Oh and dcdeb. And also Christine. And not forgetting suzie. Even Freddie! :naughty:

Seriously though..this whole issue does have many facets. I do think there is a certain amount of over-analysis going on but this is MFC, it's what we do.:naughty:

The bottom line for me is that we are all in the process of readjusting to Mika coming back into the spotlight, and that may be the reason why so many of us have felt the need to express our opinions about his friendship with Gaga, the photos, and the privacy thing.

Plus of course, we all care about him so so much, and it's only natural to be interested in everything he does and to maybe feel a little overprotective of him sometimes. I know I do. Can't help it, even though I know he doesn't need it :naughty:.

So I think we can give ourselves a bit of a break.

What's astounding is that I've noticed many of the people worked up about it are exactly the people you're talking about.

I think this reaction has absolutely nothing to do with a concern for Mika's privacy and it's simply a desire to keep him all to themselves. You can't be the special protector of secrets if the whole world knows the secret. You can't have special access to Mika to give him gifts and peek in his window if the whole world can do it too.

Let's get real here. The only people Mika needs to hide his front door from are the ones who've already seen it with their own two eyes. The rest of the world doesn't care.

I have never believed that Mika is an exceptionally private person and I'm not surprised he has documentary cameras in his living room and tweets his whereabouts on a regular basis. I think he just doesn't want people asking invasive questions about his sex life or otherwise embarassing him or his friends and family. Inviting the paps to his doorstep is a bit of a dangerous game but I think they will retreat back where they came from as soon as GaGa is gone.

I was thinking along similar lines, funnily enough!

I see you are upset.. :roftl:

Yes, we are all different. I personally would not be interested in sitting down for a tea with Gaga, either, and would probably even try to take a few steps back in case she is nearby so that I don't gain any of the unnecessarily attention of hers.. and that's also a personality clash between me and Gaga...

But as for Mika, I think he is safe. If people judge him based on who his friends are, that's their problem. Moreover, I think that he should then be more concerned about the 'fame' Perez Hilton brings him. I personaly think his 'comments' on celebrities are rather cheap and uneducated. But it does not necessarily reflect on Mika. I keep saying to myself that he knows better.

Agreed, and I don't think GaGa's dress code (or lack therof) reflects on Mika. He doesn't own her, and if he DID tell her she couldn't dress that way when she's with him, he'd be like one of those control freak guys we all hate.

I've actually been on GaGa's twitter page, I did it to see what her fans are saying about Mika, but I was bowled over by what SHE posted about loving her fans in the UK. She thinks her fans are the best in the world! So that's not coming from some trashy dame, even if she looks that way, but from someone who appreciates her fans and has more inside her than what's on the outside.

Mika likes her! There's more to her than the outfits, and if Mika likes her there MUST be something in her, for him to like.

I'm not a fan of her's, it's Mika for me always, but let's give her a break for Mika's sake. She's one of his friends!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Well, personally, I agree with sariflor. And robertina. Oh and dcdeb. And also Christine. And not forgetting suzie. Even Freddie! :naughty:

Seriously though..this whole issue does have many facets. I do think there is a certain amount of over-analysis going on but this is MFC, it's what we do.:naughty:

The bottom line for me is that we are all in the process of readjusting to Mika coming back into the spotlight, and that may be the reason why so many of us have felt the need to express our opinions about his friendship with Gaga, the photos, and the privacy thing.

Plus of course, we all care about him so so much, and it's only natural to be interested in everything he does and to maybe feel a little overprotective of him sometimes. I know I do. Can't help it, even though I know he doesn't need it :naughty:.

So I think we can give ourselves a bit of a break.

Exactly. There are many facets to it, and different people are expressing points that have to do with different things. I don't even think that there are 2 sides to it and some people are on one, and others on the other.

I know exactly what I think and how I feel, and it's just what it is. I don't particularly worry if others agree or not because it's what I feel is right to me :wink2:. I do disagree about the 'wanting to keep him to ourselves' bit. I doubt that anyone could be that silly.

His address is out there for anyone to find out, so whoever wants to can do it, yes. It's hardly a secret. However, I still do think that it's not a good idea to send the paps around, as there are so many easy ways to identify the house and making such a clear statement is just looking for trouble imo. Maybe some of the most stalkerish fans or people would have already found it, but maybe this will help others who weren't quite sure. My approach is: why risk it?

It was said that he had hired a bodyguard last year, as he feared for his security; Why broadcast to the world one's address? That is what I don't get.

Exactly. There are many facets to it, and different people are expressing points that have to do with different things. I don't even think that there are 2 sides to it and some people are on one, and others on the other.

I know exactly what I think and how I feel, and it's just what it is. I don't particularly worry if others agree or not because it's what I feel is right to me :wink2:. I do disagree about the 'wanting to keep him to ourselves' bit. I doubt that anyone could be that silly.

His address is out there for anyone to find out, so whoever wants to can do it, yes. It's hardly a secret. However, I still do think that it's not a good idea to send the paps around, as there are so many easy ways to identify the house and making such a clear statement is just looking for trouble imo. Maybe some of the most stalkerish fans or people would have already found it, but maybe this will help others who weren't quite sure. My approach is: why risk it?

It was said that he had hired a bodyguard last year, as he feared for his security; Why broadcast to the world one's address? That is what I don't get.

Yes I see your point about the problems last year. We were all worried. But I think if people wanted to get to Mika to harm him, they would be able to do that without the aid of pictures from the paps.

I think it was GaGa whom the paps were following. They followed her to Mika's house and it's possible that he didn't want them there. I can't imagine Mika would just invite them to his house. I think they just turned up

I did not read this whole tread, I only can say that I was dissapointed when I read on twitter that Mika thinks Lady Gaga is a very talented lady. I was like: come on, Mika! You must have better taste then that! Ok, taste is personal but Mika is a serious musician (in my opinion). These pics give me the same dissapointed feeling. But Mika is Mika, he will never sees to surprise me :wink2:.

I read 2 interesting articles about Gaga yesterday. I had never really paid her any attention till now (in fairly typical style for me...)

Why do we find it so hard to like Lady Gaga:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/04/why_do_we_find_it_so_hard_to_l.html

which was written in reply to this one:

How not dumb is Gaga?

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/musical/2009/04/27/090427crmu_music_frerejones?printable=true

Yes I see your point about the problems last year. We were all worried. But I think if people wanted to get to Mika to harm him, they would be able to do that without the aid of pictures from the paps.

I think it was GaGa whom the paps were following. They followed her to Mika's house and it's possible that he didn't want them there. I can't imagine Mika would just invite them to his house. I think they just turned up

ah, yes. but surely mika would have been aware if gaga came to mika's house personally, she would have paps following her = his house would be photographed. i don't think either mika or gaga are stupid enough to not realise that.

So many opinions... I kinda agree with everyone, in a sense that you are all making good points.

As for LGG being a true artist and a good performer... pretty much everybody agrees on that... except maybe people here in Québec. Gaga performed here on a TV show a couple of weeks ago and she did an interview as well. It was all rubbish. She was off tune, her voice was bad and almost unrecognisable from how it sounds on the album... and as for the interview, she didn't make sense at all, she harldy answered the questions that were asked to her, she covered her face and her eyes the whole time... to a point where people questioned if it was really her. She seemed to be either very drunk or very high...

Didn't make a good impression on the people here...

Yes, I also think the same. It's obviously done on purpose :naughty:

Thing is Robi, I don't really think that there is a lot of drama due to this (well, not in my case anyway :naughty:), as I still love him equally and am still on my cloud since LA.

I just feel a bit sad about the fact (in my opinion) that he thinks that he needs this kind of attention, because I value him a lot more than that, and I think that his image in the UK press is already kind of bad as it is and this won't help matters. Obviously I won't say that he is a total ass for doing this, or whatever, but I still think that it's not a good move. That's all :wink2:.

So yes, I agree, we shouldn't take things out of proportion, and this is not the end of the world, but I think that we're just debating the issue and everyone is giving their opinions on it.

I don't see this as bad publicity- the Sun didn't "rip him to shreds" they made him out to be a decent guy. So did the "she left a hanky he left a tip" article. He was obviously dressed for photgraphers- and looked adorable (IMO)- so sure, I'm pleased he's in the paper. The UK press seem to be spinning is as an "Americans don't know how to behave, we do" story (Sorry American MFCers- those things do go down well with a lot of people here.)I'd be surprised if the US papers keep him in hte pics.

I think she looked dreadful, and desperate for publicity. He has said all along he admires her. Perhaps he would have preferred her to change to go to a restuarant- perhaps he didn't care. I'd like to think he wouldn't be keen on the seat changing nonsense though.

A gentleman would have offered her his coat.

Edited by Soaring Simpson

I don't see this as bad publicity- the Sun didn't "rip him to shreds" they made him out to be a decent guy. So did the "she left a hanky he left a tip" article. He was obviously dressed for photgraphers- and looked adorable (IMO)- so sure, I'm pleased he's in the paper. The UK press seem to be spinning is as an "Americans don't know how to behave, we do" story (Sorry American MFCers- those things do go down well with a lot of people here.)I'd be surprised if the US papers keep him in hte pics.

I think she looked dreadful, and desperate for publicity. He has said all along he admires her. Perhaps he would have preferred her to change to go to a restuarant- perhaps he didn't care. I'd like to think he wouldn't be keen on the seat changing nonsense though.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:.

How about his pants? :blink: