Mirano

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl::roftl:

Aww..I dont even know how to say thank you..you have rescued me!!!:D

OK, the last one, but its very longgggg...:huh: If you are not asleep yet you can try to figure it out:naughty:

The background to the story is that the gloss is wearing off Vladimir Putin's presidency. It is not just that the reform has bogged down, that economic growth is fizzling out, and that the Chechen war is dragging on unwinnably; the Kremlin's own authority also seems to be frying.

Aww no problem.

It's just past 6pm, I'm not asleep yet. :naughty:

* Gloss wearing off: what people thought was so wonderful before, they aren't so happy/excited about it now.

* Reform bogged down: bogged down means to be slowed down or overwhelming. But for your sentence, I'd probably go with slow down.

* Fizzling out: slowing down/dying.

* War dragging on: dragging on means that something is going on for such a long time that people get bored/tired/angry (etc) with it.

* Authority seems to be frying: my mom says that she thinks that frying means they are in trouble (it's not good). I don't know if you know this other metaphor (to be in hot water = to be in trouble) but she says she thinks it means that same/similar thing.

Aww no problem.

It's just past 6pm, I'm not asleep yet. :naughty:

* Gloss wearing off: what people thought was so wonderful before, they aren't so happy/excited about it now.

* Reform bogged down: bogged down means to be slowed down or overwhelming. But for your sentence, I'd probably go with slow down.

* Fizzling out: slowing down/dying.

* War dragging on: dragging on means that something is going on for such a long time that people get bored/tired/angry (etc) with it.

* Authority seems to be frying: my mom says that she thinks that frying means they are in trouble (it's not good). I don't know if you know this other metaphor (to be in hot water = to be in trouble) but she says she thinks it means that same/similar thing.

0319f6b780f6.jpg

:huglove:

:biggrin2:

Its 1:27 in the night here:naughty: and the girls still are not at home:sneaky2::naughty:

SO.. whats new in your life?

Pssht. They're just out and about not caring about their work. :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm. Well prom is coming up soon! Should be fun. :)

Pssht. They're just out and about not caring about their work. :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm. Well prom is coming up soon! Should be fun. :)

I know.. Im the smart one:mf_rosetinted: Haha just kidding.. they usually understands everything without any effort.. :blink:

awww.. lucky! :biggrin2: what are you going to wear? :das:

I know.. Im the smart one:mf_rosetinted: Haha just kidding.. they usually understands everything without any effort.. :blink:

awww.. lucky! :biggrin2: what are you going to wear? :das:

Aww. Don't worry -- happens to everyone! :wink2:

A vintage 1950's mint green dress. And I've bought silver peeptoe pumps. I still have to get accessories and everything else. :aah:

Aww. Don't worry -- happens to everyone! :wink2:

A vintage 1950's mint green dress. And I've bought silver peeptoe pumps. I still have to get accessories and everything else. :aah:

Don't forget to show me pictures later!! :D:wink2:

OK, im off, bye, and thanks again :huglove:

i'm graduating today :tears:

enjoying my last minutes of being a highschool girl *sigh*

now...going to get rrrrready for the graduation festivity :teehee:

Congrats ruxi!:boing:

Tomorrow's my last day of school... And my last day of school in this country. :naughty: I don't know if I'll miss it that much honestly:teehee: It's such a weird feeling to know that I'll probably never study here again in my life!