MIKA @ Sadlers Wells | London, UNITED KINGDOM - Reserved Seating No Queueing

dcdeb

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went to my first gig had no clue whothe MFC were (didn't really know who Mika was either!) but got talking to loads of people! Like Liz said you don't have to be loud or majorly out-going, just be you! Be as involved as you are comfortable with, there's no pressure.

Don't worry about not finding us, as a group we are generally pretty hard to miss! I don't know if I'll be at the meet and greet yet but I'll be sure to introduce myself at the gig.

Liz- where you staying? What day you travelling?

Aw thanks:wub2:

I'm just nervous because I've never done this before...Glad that I can be myself! The fangurly part:mf_rosetinted:

well

as i feel partly responsible about that elegant dressing up thing, i'd like to say that i'd like myself to dress up a bit, i'm not expecting anyone to be bothered to do the same.

what i mean is that i presume mika himself is dressing up a bit, he mentioned picking up special clothes for his upcoming shows, so maybe he'll not jump around his ass in skinny jeans and drawn t-shirts.

so i hope he will dress up a bit, but he might also not, and make us feel as dicks! :sneaky2

the other reason is the kind of venues we are going to. i've seen pictures, and i'd feel more comfortable if i left my jeans and t-shirts at home, and dress accordingly. Without exceeding though.

i'm not a fashion person AT ALL. My wardrobe is full of common cheap things which i wear in turn until they're worn out. and, above this, i've grown fatter, so there's nothing at all i can wear. so i'll have to buy something.

but i want to do it, as a sort of paying homage to mika and his art and his amazing idea of acoustic tour.

I don't usually dress up or I don't have anything posh to wear:blush-anim-cl: The fanciest I can look is with coloured jeans, bright cardigan and a t-shirt:roftl: Or a dress, but I don't like the idea of jumping with a dress:teehee: I'll try to dress up though.. I want to!

You will be fine Carlota. I do realise that writing reams on here is a different thing to meeting people in RL but I am sure you will be absolutly fine. I am not sure what time you are getting to the hotel? But it may be an idea to arrange to meet just one or two people at the hotel as a first step....then the ice is broken. I am sure that we can work something out.

And to everyone else who is maybe feeling a wee bit nervous...we really ARE one big family when we all get together.....and very welcoming to everyone. Don't forget....a lot of us may know each other now but there was a first time for everyone. Two and a half years ago we were all perfect strangers.

Well.................for most of us on here 'posh' is relative of course:roftl:

When I saw the venues it did occur to me that it wasn't going to be a jeans and t shirt job (for me anyway) but posh for me will mean trousers and a top that isn't a t shirt:thumb_yello

Yes I just thought of that today.. When we exchange mobile numbers, maybe when I see I'm getting close to the travelodge I text you or something. I'm getting to London at 20 to 2pm.

It'd be lovely:wub2:

Aww haha yep the good thing is that after this I'll know you for real and etc. And yes you're all very welcoming!

NOTE: THIS EVENT IS RESERVED SEATING. This means that your ticket will have a seat number on it, assigned based on when you bought your ticket, indicating where you will sit. This means we will not have to queue at stupid o'clock in order to be sure of seats.

:naughty: funny, thanks to whoever wrote that, makes it all more clear.

So any news on this being "dressed up" or not? I like the idea of dressing up nice and sitting in a theatre while Mika plays piano. :teehee:

NOTE: THIS EVENT IS RESERVED SEATING. This means that your ticket will have a seat number on it, assigned based on when you bought your ticket, indicating where you will sit. This means we will not have to queue at stupid o'clock in order to be sure of seats.

:naughty: funny, thanks to whoever wrote that, makes it all more clear.

So any news on this being "dressed up" or not? I like the idea of dressing up nice and sitting in a theatre while Mika plays piano. :teehee:

It is a lovely concept isn't it...but I am still struggling with it a little bit......knowing how we usually behave:roftl:

Carlota...is that the time you get into central London or the airport?

It is a lovely concept isn't it...but I am still struggling with it a little bit......knowing how we usually behave:roftl:

Carlota...is that the time you get into central London or the airport?

Oh, airport!:wink2: And it's Heathrow.

I'm looking at a few gorgeous dresses, in aqua, jade, coral and orange.

Haven't made my mind up which I'm going with yet, but when I do I'll post it and you can recommend accessories for me.

Haven't made my mind up which I'm going with yet, but when I do I'll post it and you can recommend accessories for me.

oh no....don't spoil the surprise! :biggrin2:

mika, shock shock me, not tapestry again!:naughty:

Yeah, seriously, if he steps out in that horrid jacket again I reckon we have to boo him or something until he takes the thing off and burns it in front of our eyes :crybaby:

Well, be my guest to queue if you like, but as long as nobody sits on my seat I don't mind what anyone does :roftl:. I will be working that day so no queuing for me for sure. At most I'll manage to leave work at 4 and make it to the venue for around 5 :wink2:.

Seriously, I don't know how you all do it. For me, typical early June temperatures in London dont' allow me to wear summer dresses. I need a wolly jumper, a coat and socks or tights :roftl:. I can't physicall survive a summer dress unless it's over 25 degrees C.

Ok then.. I'll think about wearing a dress:teehee: Don't know if my mom will think it's pratical but I'll say I'm getting dolled up for this:naughty: And I can't wear a spring dress.. Like Sara, spring is 25 degrees or more to me:shocked:

So I'll have to think about it:rotftl:

I can take jeans and a shorter spring dress + cardigan... Hm.

Or just jeans and t-shirt.. But I'll look bad among you all:roftl:

Ok then.. I'll think about wearing a dress:teehee: Don't know if my mom will think it's pratical but I'll say I'm getting dolled up for this:naughty: And I can't wear a spring dress.. Like Sara, spring is 25 degrees or more to me:shocked:

So I'll have to think about it:rotftl:

I can take jeans and a shorter spring dress + cardigan... Hm.

Or just jeans and t-shirt.. But I'll look bad among you all:roftl:

Honey I don't do dressing up. I come in two modes, scruffy and scruffier.

Wear what you like.

Wear what you like.

Hahaha I like scruffy!:naughty:

Ok then:biggrin2:

I'm stressing over just about everything aren't I?:aah: Someone should just tell me to shut up orelse I won't stop I think:naughty:

Wear what you like.

I'm just doing it, because I want to dress up for a change (and not in a crazy costume:naughty:)

Hahaha I like scruffy!:naughty:

Ok then:biggrin2:

I'm stressing over just about everything aren't I?:aah: Someone should just tell me to shut up orelse I won't stop I think:naughty:

Yeah. :naughty: Don't worry, I will come and stand next to you, then you will look smart, young, goodlooking and thin!

Yeah. :naughty: Don't worry, I will come and stand next to you, then you will look smart, young, goodlooking and thin!

Don't be like that to yourself woman!:naughty: I can take a costume if you want, that'll ruin the picture:mf_rosetinted:

It'll be lovely to have you standing next to me anyways:teehee:

Flight is booked, I’m coming too!:biggrin2:

Just waiting for an answer about the concert ticket, which I hopefully will get when they have time to read their mail…..:wink2:

I had to realise that I wouldn’t have a minute of peace knowing about all the fun you all are going to have, the first London gig with seated tickets and all, I just had to come..in spite of common sense…but now it’s done.:roftl:

So what’s the deal?

What are we doing before the gig? Food somewhere? This thread is bit messy; it’s hard to see what has been decided.

And, most of all, important to me, as my flight back to Stockholm is early Tuesday morning…what are we doing after the gig? :thumb_yello:

Oh, airport!:wink2: And it's Heathrow.

OK....so it will probably be about four before you are getting to the hotel...probably about the same as us if we have a long lunch:wink2:

Don't tempt us:naughty:

Flight is booked, I’m coming too!:biggrin2

Just waiting for an answer about the concert ticket, which I hopefully will get when they have time to read their mail…..:wink2:

I had to realise that I wouldn’t have a minute of peace knowing about all the fun you all are going to have, the first London gig with seated tickets and all, I just had to come..in spite of common sense…but now it’s done.:roftl:

So what’s the deal?

What are we doing before the gig? Food somewhere? This thread is bit messy; it’s hard to see what has been decided.

And, most of all, important to me, as my flight back to Stockholm is early Tuesday morning…what are we doing after the gig? :thumb_yello:

Hurray!:boing:

:teehee:

Yeah I'd like to know that too:bleh: If under age can participate of course:naughty:

OK....so it will probably be about four before you are getting to the hotel...probably about the same as us if we have a long lunch:wink2:

Don't tempt us:naughty:

Oh good!

Most people are staying there aren't they? How many MFCers?:shocked: I feel like you're going to crash the place...:naughty:

Yeah, seriously, if he steps out in that horrid jacket again I reckon we have to boo him or something until he takes the thing off and burns it in front of our eyes :crybaby:

Well, be my guest to queue if you like, but as long as nobody sits on my seat I don't mind what anyone does :roftl:. I will be working that day so no queuing for me for sure. At most I'll manage to leave work at 4 and make it to the venue for around 5 :wink2:.

Seriously, I don't know how you all do it. For me, typical early June temperatures in London dont' allow me to wear summer dresses. I need a wolly jumper, a coat and socks or tights :roftl:. I can't physicall survive a summer dress unless it's over 25 degrees C.

No...it isn't the no queueing that I am struggling with.....I am ALL for that...it is the staying in the seats:naughty: