MIKA @ Sadlers Wells | London, UNITED KINGDOM - Reserved Seating No Queueing

dcdeb

Robbie, i was talking about this bloody day when the special booking tickets began!

I was at work , 2 mikafans on the phone : quick , quick , book ( in english), find the credit card and so.

At the end we have got tickets for paris but not seated together!:shocked:

two days after i decided to go to London,Milano, it was easier but the very front rows tickets were gone!:sneaky2:

I do wish we'd had a little more notice of when the tickets would be released! People could have organised people to pay for them if they didn't have cards etc but was certainly a day I will never forget!

I didn't have internet (thanks again for that BT :sneaky2:)so was trying to follow everything on my phone but no secure connection so couldn't order! Phone call from Daisy "What tickets do you want?" My slightly errattic and squealing reply "Where ever you're going!" Lol!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wish we'd had a little more notice of when the tickets would be released! People could have organised people to pay for them if they didn't have cards etc but was certainly a day I will never forget!

I didn't have internet (thanks again for that BT :sneaky2:)so was trying to follow everything on my phone but no secure connection so couldn't order! Phone call from Daisy "What tickets do you want?" My slightly errattic and squealing reply "Where ever you're going!" Lol!

Likewise!! I had to wait about 3 and half hours until someone came home! :tears:

Edited by CazGirl

Sorry- mucked up the quote!

Christine, thanks for answering- I'll go back to kicking myself for forgetting to take my credit card to work.

But it's a point to remember for imminent(?) gigs- if things are to go the way Freddie said, people need to know how to identify themselves as members. There's at least two of us (both accountants!) who instinctively used their real names on a business site, and younger people whose parents will be booking because they don't have credit cards.

But I dare say you've already got that sorted. (If you hadn't, my rather panicky afternoon will have prevented stress in future.)

Well I kinda presumed that's what the 12pm thing would be so we arranged between us who would buy tickets and how many etc.incase it was! so when 12 hit we knew what we were doing :thumb_yello:

I really hope we'll have more notice for next gigs!

What a stressful day it was!

But it's a point to remember for imminent(?) gigs- if things are to go the way Freddie said, people need to know how to identify themselves as members.

With individual presale codes you would get your code before the sale and you would use the code in order to make your purchase with a ticketing agent. The actual purchase wouldn't have anything to do with an MFC username although presale codes would probably be allocated that way ahead of the presale.

There is always going to be an element of first come, first served during a presale. It's not like people who joined MFC in January 2007 would have a code that gets them a guaranteed better seat than someone who joined MFC in February 2007.

If there is any tiering it will be in large blocks so everyone in the first tier will be able to purchase their tickets first, then the second tier people will be able to purchase theirs at a later time, etc. But everyone within each tier will get seats on a first come first served basis within a limited timeframe.

The reason the codes are individual is not to control actual seat allocation from one code to the next. They are used so the code can't be shared with people who aren't eligible for the presale. If you give it to your friends or try to spread it around the internet then you won't be able to use it to buy your own tickets because it will expire after it's been used. This is also the way to ensure that people can only buy two tickets instead of four for example.

This is just an explanation about how this type of presale works in general - other artists use this method. We can't say at this point what Team Mika may or may not do down the line.

I really hope we'll have more notice for next gigs!

What a stressful day it was!

Tell me about it! If something is to happen in North America in the last 2 weeks of June, then it would be nice to know. Like last week already. But I'll continue to be patient :mf_rosetinted: and check on here 27 times a day. . :teehee:

This is just an explanation about how this type of presale works in general - other artists use this method. We can't say at this point what Team Mika may or may not do down the line.

I hope this suggestion was relayed to Team Mika and that they at least consider it. :thumb_yello:

Likewise!! I had to wait about 3 and half hours until someone came home! :tears:

awww but I DID offer to get them for you and you could sort it out with me later, I tried to talk you into it but you said you would wait (I did try) xx

I think it's a good way to do things... it works for the U2 site, but who knows if it works for us...

So do you! You've been here for ages as well!

i think that it's a good way to do things... like I said, it doesn't stop people from selling the presale codes on ebay, but I like how it works...

You said it so well!

It's all good... I never mentioned how it all worked in the first place so I can see how it might be a bit confusing...

I was going to say the same thing...

You? Naive?

Ages? Compared to most of you, it's nothing:teehee:

Yep I like the sound of it:wink2:

Just to claify one part for you , the concept was to get the codes in sequence to members who had been here for a certain period of time , then release it to the next batch , then it goes on Mikasounds and finally the general public.

Now with the server crashing , things go a tad screwy and it didnt quite work that way , but that is the concept.Overall this went very well , we got most of the MFC at these shows , very few didnt get there and people that joined at just seeing the link didnt get the front 10 rows or ebayers for that matter.

We may "tweak" for the next stage but overall we and Mika are very pleased how it went:biggrin2

Well in that point, I think that's a great concept! And it's fair. At least mostly everyone can have the chance to go.

I think it did go very well, the pre-sale scheme was practical for most.

And I'm sure you'll do the best to do things better and better for MFC members and for 'older' MFCers!

"You've been allocated the following seat:

Row CC 11"

Laurel :huglove: - I'm next to you :wootjump and on the same line as Neiobi and Charlottechristie :woot_jump

I wonder who is in no. 9? :blink

Yesss:kachinga::boing: See you there then!

Tis me and Ab:wub2 I am estatic:mf_lustslow

So I take it jumping over the back of the seats is not an option then?:naughty

So many familiar people around here are in my row!:teehee:

I really wonder who is number 9... If it isn't an MFCer, poor soul:naughty:

Ages? Compared to most of you, it's nothing:teehee:

Yep I like the sound of it:wink2:

Well in that point, I think that's a great concept! And it's fair. At least mostly everyone can have the chance to go.

I think it did go very well, the pre-sale scheme was practical for most.

And I'm sure you'll do the best to do things better and better for MFC members and for 'older' MFCers!

Yesss:kachinga::boing: See you there then!

So many familiar people around here are in my row!:teehee:

I really wonder who is number 9... If it isn't an MFCer, poor soul:naughty:

It's got to be surely? The ticket must have been ordered pretty quickly to be in CC. Wonder who it is?

9CC Please come forward!

good :clap:

we dont want that all the first rows are occuped just by quacking females, dont we? :naughty:

i hope the word/verb quacking is not too offensive...

we italians use often to definite women who chat/laugh/scream a lot :biggrin2:

Of course! First rows full of women are too much for me!:naughty:

He is a very peaceful man and he is very used to gigs (I always asked him to go with me)!

Oh and I’m not the scream type (because I don’t know how to scream:teehee:)!

Look at this gig: We can all arrive feeling fresh, normal, looking like normal people instead of like savages who have spent the whole day standing outside and not even having the chance of a decent meal or using toilets...There will be no fighting, everyone will be chilled and happy...

Oh god… what I good thing you made me remember!

I can go to a toilet whenever I want it!:roftl:

It's got to be surely? The ticket must have been ordered pretty quickly to be in CC. Wonder who it is?

9CC Please come forward!

wonder if it's Babs cos she aint said what her ticket is yet, mind you she is probs with Sari and jemma so dunno :blink::blink: lol

Just realised they probably don't know who they are yet! We're looking for someone that bought before 12.30 I reckon, just a single stalls seat.

Yeah maybe they don't know it yet... Maybe next week we'll know!

Well I kinda presumed that's what the 12pm thing would be so we arranged between us who would buy tickets and how many etc.incase it was! so when 12 hit we knew what we were doing :thumb_yello:

I had a feeling that was going to be the case, and at first I was worried I would miss out, not having a card.

But luckily my friend told me the night before, he was working from home that day, so it turned out alright in the end.

:roftl: Stop posting under my name, DOUBLE !!!!! :roftl:

I dont have split personality honestly !!! :roftl:

Dont be so silly , Freddie ! your turning into ID-DOUBLE

FD!!!!

we have enough multiple identities here! :sneaky2:

:naughty:

:roftl: Stop posting under my name, DOUBLE !!!!! :roftl:

I dont have split personality honestly !!! :roftl:

Dont be so silly , Freddie ! your turning into ID-DOUBLE

:blink: confused now, do you have a double, is this a caseof identity theft or is Fred a cross dresser now (I will always think of him as father xmas ) :naughty:

:blink: confused now, do you have a double, is this a caseof identity theft or is Fred a cross dresser now (I will always think of him as father xmas ) :naughty:

Well , despite fred's cross dressing .... father christmas and skirts ... hes posting under my name :naughty:

Does this mean Freds coming in a fetching frock then? LOL!!!

:thumb_yello:yeey neighbour

Psssttt...*Whispers* Control underwear!

I'm sort of inbetween a 16 and an 18 right now.

It's an awful lot to ask of a piece of underware believe me:naughty:

:shocked: BLIMEY just HOW posh are we going, we won't be able to sit on meters of netting for THAT long (mind you :das: it would RAISE our bums by a few inches so better view lol).

Don't know if I am going to wear it.....I have shoved it in the washer as it was looking the worse for wear....which isn't recommended of course:naughty: But if I do wear it I will be leaving the netting at home...I am going to have enough trouble getting the frock and Tiara into my hand baggage as it is:naughty: