• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norway is gonna win :fangurl:

I hope so!!! Gonna vote for Alexander for sure :teehee:

I'm happy Finland made it through to the finals (the German commentator was really surprised about that :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:). "Lose control" really grew on me.

I also pretty much liked the songs of Iceland, Andorra (they would have deserved to be voted into the finals!), and Portugal.

I hope Turkey won't be winnig the whole competition...to me the song is just annoying! :aah:

Still to come in the next semifinal: Ireland, Azerbaidjan, Greece, Estonia, and Norway of course...

Well, well,so my favourites are:

- Norway

- Finland

- Iceland

(looks at the map - wow, all of them are Northern European countries - strange :wink2:)

- Portugal

- Ireland

- Azerbaijan

- Estonia

- Greece

Voilà.

I don't think any of the 4 "big" countrys will play a decisive role...In my opinion the British and the French songs are too boring, the German song is just - ahm - not good (Dita von Teese will be the only positive thing about their performance!!), and Spain - well, the song is actually catchy...

We'll see...

Edited by mariposa

All in all the results of the first semi wasn't too bad. I really really REALLY hate the Maltese song though, kinda think either that or Israel must have been jury choice :boxed: I personally think Belarus was robbed, he performed really well :boxed: I'm not a big fan of Turkey, but it's hard to avoid them doing well, so :dunno:

From the second semi I have high hopes for Norway (of course :fangurl:), Lithuania (but I think the song is wasted on ESC unfortunately, good music is rarely appreciated here :sneaky2:), Estonia (almost hypnotic effect that ones has :freak:) and Latvia & Ukraine for the laughs :naughty:

Edited by Kata

The UK has no chance of winning it again , its political and europe hates us ..

Do you want my honest opinion?

The UK entries in the last couple of years were all crap.

Last year that guy might have had a relatively good voice but that song and the outfit he wore made him look like the caricature of himself.

.. Last year my absolute favourite was the French guy and I remember I liked the Croatian entry as well..

In my opinion, it is NOT political voting but different tastes in Eastern European countries - not reflecting my taste, though.

At the same time, they should somehow weigh the votes based on the number of people voting ( not the population number, because Russia would have even bigger influence on the whole thing)

Think the draw is gonna benefit UK this year, will be between two up-tempo songs :thumb_yello: I don't think she's gonna do that well anyway though, the song is rather mediocre and unless she really blows everyone away with a great performance, then Iceland is probably gonna take a lot of the potential votes, as it's a similar song with a hell of a performer :teehee:

Think the draw is gonna benefit UK this year, will be between two up-tempo songs :thumb_yello: I don't think she's gonna do that well anyway though, the song is rather mediocre and unless she really blows everyone away with a great performance, then Iceland is probably gonna take a lot of the potential votes, as it's a similar song with a hell of a performer :teehee:

She is a hell of a performer, what a voice!! and she's only 18:shocked:

AMAZING:thumb_yello:

Do you want my honest opinion?

The UK entries in the last couple of years were all crap.

Last year that guy might have had a relatively good voice but that song and the outfit he wore made him look like the caricature of himself.

I have to agree with you... As long as we're being honest :mf_rosetinted:

Still I do believe politics are involved. The French entry e.g. you're talking about, I loved it! I can't believe it didn't do well!

Oh well, my favorites:

-Norway

-Bosnia

-Lithuania

-Iceland

-Turkey

I like Estonia but some parts remind me too much of another song. Germany is cute... But nothing more, doesn't stand out.

Oh btw, I just heard Slovenia, it reminds me of some kind of theme tune from a movie or tv-show, I just can't remember which one:aah:

Still I do believe politics are involved. The French entry e.g. you're talking about, I loved it! I can't believe it didn't do well!

Yes... it was second to last, I think, before UK...:naughty:

.. Just looked it ip on Youtube and:shocked::shocked:

It is actually the recent Renault advert's music...

I did not remember the melody but I knew I loved it..

Here it is.. ( at least the guy's bank account benefited from Eurovision)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSfsDjCsU5M&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosearch%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26rlz%3D1T4RNWE%5FenHU312HU210%26q%3Deurovision%2B2008%26um%3D1%26ie&feature=player_embedded

Is the actual final on this Saturday?? I really hope iceland win, she deserves it. It would make a change from the gimmicky usual tripe that wins(no offense to anyone I just think it's gone seriously downhill)

Don't think Iceland has a chance of winning :teehee: I'm getting a bit afraid that the Nordics will cancel out eachother :boxed: I'm gonna put my money on Ukraine or Bosnia :boxed:

Yes... it was second to last, I think, before UK...:naughty:

.. Just looked it ip on Youtube and:shocked::shocked:

It is actually the recent Renault advert's music...

I did not remember the melody but I knew I loved it..

Here it is.. ( at least the guy's bank account benefited from Eurovision)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSfsDjCsU5M&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosearch%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26rlz%3D1T4RNWE%5FenHU312HU210%26q%3Deurovision%2B2008%26um%3D1%26ie&feature=player_embedded

Yes I know:naughty: Here's the link to the commercial:

And wow, second to last???:shocked: Unbelievable ...

Don't think Iceland has a chance of winning :teehee: I'm getting a bit afraid that the Nordics will cancel out eachother :boxed: I'm gonna put my money on Ukraine or Bosnia :boxed:

Ohhhh, not Ukraine:aah:

Bosnia, well, don't have a problem with that but I'd rather see something upbeat win this time. + I really think Norway has a very good chance of winning, even with or without all the politics.

Ohhhh, not Ukraine:aah:

Bosnia, well, don't have a problem with that but I'd rather see something upbeat win this time. + I really think Norway has a very good chance of winning, even with or without all the politics.

Just don't think we should underestimate Ukraine, think it's gonna be the freak show of the century :freak:

I do believe in Norway, but he could lose a lot of the cheap neighbour votes to Iceland or even Sweden... but then he might get cheap east votes instead, so yes still a good chance :wub2:

Oh Slovenia annoys the hell out of me :shocked::boxing:

Oh btw, I just heard Slovenia, it reminds me of some kind of theme tune from a movie or tv-show, I just can't remember which one:aah:

It's like 007 meets MacGyver, no?:aah:

Haha.:lmfao:

I can already see that Slovenia will again be a big loser. Nothing new.:naughty:

My favourite is Israel. That seems to happen almost every year. (thinks of Boaz Mauda:teehee:) :blink:

And I also like Portugal. That has almost never happened before. :naughty:

And as I'm a huge fan of Armenia (country not the song), I must say something good about their song as well. Cool music. :naughty: