Aw yeah, I'm getting all nostalgic about old Irish Eurovision songs today!

Whyy meeee? I look at you and I get the feeling whyy meeee?!

:roftl:

Norway.. can't remember that one! Must look it up! :naughty:

Or "We were the rock and roll kids..rock and roll was all we did"

Probably my fave of all our winners:thumb_yello:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually now that I think of it, lyrics had so much more meaning back then...nowadays it doesn't matter what you sing about once it has a catchy beat and an attractive performer....sucks if u ask me :(

Remember ABBA and Waterloo-now that was a great song!!:thumb_yello:

Actually now that I think of it, lyrics had so much more meaning back then...nowadays it doesn't matter what you sing about once it has a catchy beat and an attractive performer....sucks if u ask me :(

So true :sad:

Ooh love that song! :thumb_yello:

The jury part is scary.. first of all, cos I have no idea how it will work..

And on one side it's a good thing cos neighbor-voting is a big problem.. but on the other side, with juries comes corruption... yeah, I have a lot of faith in humanity:naughty:

Agreed... But I have to say that I still believe a very good song can win just because it's great. Maybe I'm just a little naive :aah:

But it appears everyone everywhere is bragging about how good Norway is.. So I dunno, I have this feeling :naughty: It could really win... I already know who I'm gonna vote for anyway:thumb_yello:

I agree with that :sad:

ABBA :wub2: still love their music :wub2:

Agreed... But I have to say that I still believe a very good song can win just because it's great. Maybe I'm just a little naive :aah:

But it appears everyone everywhere is bragging about how good Norway is.. So I dunno, I have this feeling :naughty: It could really win... I already know who I'm gonna vote for anyway:thumb_yello:

Awesome :thumb_yello:

Someone mentioned that the Norwegian one sounded more Irish than the Irish one? Might be because Norwegian and Irish folk music is incredibly similar :P

Yeah it's a terrible draw for you guys :emot-sad: But Sasha accepted it with pride and he was seriosuly one of the very few people at the press conference who didn't come across as a complete moron :teehee: Not that it will help with the result I guess - but you've got my vote at least :

litauen_sasha_son.jpg

I agree. Only just watched the press conference since I didn't have time to follow it yesterday. And in fact the only 3 artists I liked were Alexander Rybak, Sasha Son and the girl form Estonia. Some of the othere were really trying too hard (above all Sakis...) :aah:

wohooo Estonia FINALLY got through to the finals :yay:

It's a great song! I think it might end top 10! (it is worth more than that - but I doubt it will be voted higher...)

The juries will be neighbour voting even more than the public :lmfao: There's already a rumour that the Bulgarian jury gave 12 to Finland and were told off because they didn't give it to Romania

Really? Haven't heard this rumour...I really hope that the jury voting will not mess things up. I mean, after all, it was supossed to make the whole thing fairer...

Well, well, we'll see...

So, well if Alexander won, I'd really fancy a trip to Oslo next year! That would be fun! :mf_rosetinted:

And I don't know why, but the Azerbaidjan song is stuck in my head! Is this a good or a bad singn? Not sure...

Awesome :thumb_yello:

Someone mentioned that the Norwegian one sounded more Irish than the Irish one? Might be because Norwegian and Irish folk music is incredibly similar :P

Really? :blink: Never thought so... But Norwegians and the Irish are not very close and they don't originate form same people, I think. Or maybe I don't know something...

I agree. Only just watched the press conference since I didn't have time to follow it yesterday. And in fact the only 3 artists I liked were Alexander Rybak, Sasha Son and the girl form Estonia. Some of the othere were really trying too hard (above all Sakis...) :aah:

Where did you watch it, I want it too! :aah: I've only seen a short video of Sasha in Lithuanian where he says that No1 isn't that bad - at least he'll get to see all the show. Love that optimism. :biggrin2: Now wanna see others (even Sakis and "sessi bom" :teehee:).

Well the comment from Sakis about Kirkorov publicly supporting him since he came out (or sth to that extend :naughty:) was absolutely priceless :roftl:

Really? Haven't heard this rumour...I really hope that the jury voting will not mess things up. I mean, after all, it was supossed to make the whole thing fairer...

Well, well, we'll see...

Well someone posted it on a forum, didn't check if it's true. There's a rumour that Spain gave 12 to Norway btw, I like that rumour more :mf_rosetinted:

So, well if Alexander won, I'd really fancy a trip to Oslo next year! That would be fun! :mf_rosetinted:

We can make a little MFC camp there then :naughty:

And I don't know why, but the Azerbaidjan song is stuck in my head! Is this a good or a bad singn? Not sure...

Well I'm stuck with the Spanish one, think that's worse really :freak:

I like Soraya too...

But Alexander...:wub2::wub2::wub2:

I don't really like the Spanish song, but it's soooooooo catchy :sneaky2: bla bla bla shake me la la la take me :yay::sneaky2:

I don't really like the Spanish song, but it's soooooooo catchy :sneaky2: bla bla bla shake me la la la take me :yay::sneaky2:

I don't like Spanglish in general, so... Sounds as if they can't rhyme and therefore use a word in another language. :sneaky2:

Tonight's the night! :naughty:

:yay: I'm off to place some bets soon :naughty: I always put money on the ****tiest song with a possibility to win, so I won't be disappointed :naughty:

The UK has no chance of winning it again , its political and europe hates us .. so a blast from the past

:wub2:

I can't stand it really. It's not about which song is best, it's all about which country they stick up for.

I also don't think ALW should have been allowed to write the song. It used to be a way of giving new songwriters a chance, not giving famous ones a bit more exposure, I think Eurovision is a total sham now, imo.

I can't stand it really. It's not about which song is best, it's all about which country they stick up for.

I also don't think ALW should have been allowed to write the song. It used to be a way of giving new songwriters a chance, not giving famous ones a bit more exposure, I think Eurovision is a total sham now, imo.

UK might win this year, seriously :teehee: Wouldn't be the case if the song was written by some random dude though :aah:

I can't believe how much eurovision has chanced since when I was a child/teen. It used to be the highlight of my year, we'd get together at friends' houses to watch it, and then we'd obsess over the winners :roftl: for like 6 months. I still remember that Irish guy, :wub2: Johny Logan, with his 'Hold me now' song which I absolutely adooooored and some Swedish trio of cute boys called The Herrey's all dressed in white pants, pastel tops and golden shoes:roftl:, singing something called "Diggi loo Diggi ley" or something of the sorts.

Goodness, I must have been 13 at the time and I had their picture on my wall for months after that!!

Actually let me see if I can find them....brb..