I can't believe how much eurovision has chanced since when I was a child/teen. It used to be the highlight of my year, we'd get together at friends' houses to watch it, and then we'd obsess over the winners :roftl: for like 6 months. I still remember that Irish guy, :wub2: Johny Logan, with his 'Hold me now' song which I absolutely adooooored and some Swedish trio of cute boys called The Herrey's all dressed in white pants, pastel tops and golden shoes:roftl:, singing something called "Diggi loo Diggi ley" or something of the sorts.

Goodness, I must have been 13 at the time and I had their picture on my wall for months after that!!

Actually let me see if I can find them....brb..

:shocked: :shocked: OMG I found them!

THIS IS HORRIFIC!!! Shows you that when you're a hormone fuelled 13 year old you just have absolutely no clue about anything :crybaby:

Goodness, I could have not found a better thing to use for my 8K post :roftl:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked :shocked OMG I found them!

THIS IS HORRIFIC!!! Shows you that when you're a hormone fuelled 13 year old you just have absolutely no clue about anything :crybaby:

:naughty::naughty: You had great taste as a teenager :mf_rosetinted:

This is the one that caught my attention when I was a hormonal 13 year old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46am9cRmrh8 :fangurl: I'm still a fan :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: :shocked: OMG I found them!

They were extremely popular in Sweden too of course!

Sadly enough I was a little too old to "get them"!:blush-anim-cl:

Nowadays one of the brothers, I think it's Richard Herrey, has a children's clothes shop, nice clothes but expensive, very "American stylish"!

You can see him in there from time to time.

Good way to use your 8k post imo, just symbolises the usual chattering we all do in here!:naughty:

Where did you watch it' date=' I want it too! [/quote']

You can re-watch it all here http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv?program=2575 :wink2:

Niiiceeeee! That's 3 of us already!Party!

Yes, we're gonna have an MFC camp!

Well the comment from Sakis about Kirkorov publicly supporting him since he came out (or sth to that extend was absolutely priceless :roftl:

I was like: Why is nobody laughing? I was almost rolling on the floor :roftl:

Well someone posted it on a forum, didn't check if it's true. There's a rumour that Spain gave 12 to Norway btw, I like that rumour more

Well, that's a nice rumour indeed! :wub2:

Tonight's the night!

YESSSS! *can't wait*

I can't believe how much eurovision has chanced since when I was a child/teen. It used to be the highlight of my year, we'd get together at friends' houses to watch it, and then we'd obsess over the winners for like 6 months. I still remember that Irish guy, Johny Logan, with his 'Hold me now' song which I absolutely adooooored and some Swedish trio of cute boys called The Herrey's all dressed in white pants, pastel tops and golden shoes, singing something called "Diggi loo Diggi ley" or something of the sorts.

Goodness, I must have been 13 at the time and I had their picture on my wall for months after that!!

Actually let me see if I can find them....brb..

lol, I actually saw a best-of-eurovision some days ago and the guys with the golden shoes were a part of it, too! :aah:

Well, my experience from when I was 12/13 (the first ESC I actually remeber), in 1998, was of course the big hype in Germany about the German entry; Guildo Horn. I don't really know how this hype came about, but after that everyone was obsessed with "Nussecken und Himbeereis" :biggrin2:

I did actually rank quite well in the overall ranking :teehee:

Gosh, and of course in 2000 when Stefan Raab, one of Germany's most popular comedians participated singing in a strange language hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr8ERAgJQkg

Edited by mariposa

*pops in*

This will be the first year in a long time that I won't actually be watching the Eurovision, seeing as I'm in Japan and it'd come on at the equivalent of 4AM here x_X (amongst other reasons), BUT I have been following the semi-finals and stuff intently, and I look forward to seeing who will win at the finals! My absolute favourite entry this year is Bosnia & Herzegovina's entry, but I also love Norway's, Estonia's, Germany's, Slovenia's, Armenia's, Russia's, Montenegro's, Israel's and Serbia's entries too (yeah, that's a lot of favourites, hahaha).

Got a good chuckle from the Czech Republic's entry as well - SUPERGIPSY!! :roftl:

http://portal.gmx.net/de/themen/unterhaltung/musik/8159606-Deutsche-Grand-Prix-Show-mit-verhuellten-Reizen,cc=000000182500081596061oqb21.html

lol, according to this article Dita is officially not allowed to undress during the performance tonight. :aah:

I've heard that too :aah:

I've just read something else as well:

http://lowculture.co.uk/index.php/2009/05/12/dont-vote-for-norway/

Maybe I'm totally behind but didn't know this 'scandal' yet... Some dude is twittering everyone not to vote for Norway because of this :fisch:

He's really either loved or hated isn't he:naughty:

I'm really looking forward to tonight!:aah:

You can't tell me that Norwegian guy ain't gay!Or maybe he's just in denial.. seems to be the trend among singers these days. :teehee:

That was my first reaction as well!! :aah:

Then I started thinking, hmm, maybe he's so far in denial that he doesn't want to be seen with gays? :fisch: But then I thought, maybe it's just the jealousy talking, badmouthing by some freaked out Ukraine-fan or something...:aah:

I've heard that too

Maybe I'm totally behind but didn't know this 'scandal' yet... Some dude is twittering everyone not to vote for Norway because of this :fisch:

Wow, I really can't believe that things like that happen in 2009...really makes me wonder what's going wrong in our wordl...

I'll vote for Norway (being completely objective of course:teehee:)

You can't tell me that Norwegian guy ain't gay!

Or maybe he's just in denial.. seems to be the trend among singers these days. :teehee:

Or he is so gay that he tipped the scale and went straight again.

That's all possible...post gay is the new trend :aah:

Wellwell, Oscar Loya, the German participant, is openly gay...I remember having seen a homestory of him and his bf somewhere...

But the most interesting thing about our performance will be Dita, so noone cares about Oscar :biggrin2:

Edited by mariposa

That's all possible...post gay is the new trend :aah:

Wellwell, Oscar Loya, the German participant, is openly gay...I remember having seen a homestory of him and his bf somewhere...

But the most interesting thing about our performance will be Dita, so noone cares about Oscar :biggrin2:

So true :mf_rosetinted: I won't be looking at him, that's for sure :aah:

Nah let's just hope Norway wins, I'm really looking forward to our little mfc party in Oslo:naughty:

You can't tell me that Norwegian guy ain't gay!

Or maybe he's just in denial.. seems to be the trend among singers these days. :teehee:

i don't think he's gay!!

He wrote "Fairytale" for his ex-girlfriend...

Now,if he "changed" after the break-up,that's another story...:roftl:

I've heard that too :aah:

Well I can assure you that this is complete bollocks, I have seen lovely pictures where he's posing with my very gay friend :thumb_yello:

not that I actually think he's gay though, but what do i know - my gaydar is broken due to watching too much Eurovision :aah:

Well I can assure you that this is complete bollocks, I have seen lovely pictures where he's posing with my very gay friend :thumb_yello:

not that I actually think he's gay though, but what do i know - my gaydar is broken due to watching too much Eurovision :aah:

Haha! Well good to hear! It's probably the freaked out Ukraine-fan then:aah:

He just seems too... Playful? Cute? Boyish? To be straight :naughty: Then again... Maybe I just hang out with the wrong kind of men:aah:

Haha! Well good to hear! It's probably the freaked out Ukraine-fan then:aah:

He just seems too... Playful? Cute? Boyish? To be straight :naughty: Then again... Maybe I just hang out with the wrong kind of men:aah:

Think he's just a cute little geek - there's plenty of them out there and they're not all gay :roftl:

Why don't you like Greece??:sneaky2:

Sorry, that's just my opinion... I used a :mf_rosetinted: like the rules suggested!:aah:

Think he's just a cute little geek - there's plenty of them out there and they're not all gay :roftl:

Darn it! :sneaky2: Guess I've got to look better then, where can you find this rare kind of specimen?? Please don't say star trek conventions :mf_rosetinted:

I have less than no idea who is going to win tonight. Except I know it won't be UK coz everyone hates us of course and it's a rubbish song.

Not one of the songs I heard in the Semis has stuck in my head..:blink:

Looking forward to it all though.

I have less than no idea who is going to win tonight. Except I know it won't be UK coz everyone hates us of course and it's a rubbish song.

Not one of the songs I heard in the Semis has stuck in my head..:blink:

Looking forward to it all though.

Hey Rach :bye:

UK's song is pretty good :wink2: No ones loves us.. :huh::naughty:

Do you like that norway guy? :das:

Hey Rach :bye:

UK's song is pretty good :wink2: No ones loves us.. :huh:

Do you like that norway guy? :das:

Hi :biggrin2:

I think our song is boring, but Jade has a really good voice. So we'll see!

Aw it's a shame Latvia didn't get to the final. So are you supporting Norway? Or Lithuania?? :naughty:

The Norwegian guy is quite cute yeah :teehee:

http://eurovision.ndr.de/service/bildervote140.html?vtsessID=a6d244e226343a8c9061c4bb2e47cfe5&view=charts&vtsessID=a6d244e226343a8c9061c4bb2e47cfe5

poll on the German Eurovision page...about who we think who's gonna win this year...

that's the result.

Hadise will get 12 points from Germany for sure (can't rember Germany having NOT given 12 points to Turley actually....). But then (I'll skip 2nd place *wishful thinking*), Alexander :biggrin2:..., before Azerbaidjan, Albania and Greece...Lithuania is only ranked 23 :shocked: That needs to be different tonight!

Looks like the German vote is mostly going to danceable tracks though instead of ballads...

Edited by mariposa