MIKA Live in New York, June 23rd, 2009

I am happy for all the American fans...

:woot_jump:

Concerning the way it was announced, I don't think it made any difference that it was announced simultaneously... Most people on MS already have an account here and I don't think tickets will sell as fast as the ones for the European gigs, anyway.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about moving there now:aah:

go for it:mf_rosetinted:

maybe i should call them back and say i changed my mind and i'm taking it now:mf_lustslow::roftl:

What it means is that Mika's "fans" - AKA, us and the members of the Mikasounds community - get an exclusive before the tickets go on wide release. As in, before all the New York media outlets get an email blitz from Mika's PR team resulting in the gigs being announced by every radio station, newspaper, etc.

Right now, that info is only available where active fans will look - on MFC, and on Mikasounds. :thumb_yello:

I am selfish then. *stamps feet and puts hands on hips*

I think MFC deserves the announcement first. :sneaky2:

Before other fans. On MS.

Oh, and PS. I can't go anyway, so doesn't matter to me at a personal level.

Call me selfish, but I have an issue when it appears simulteously on both MS and here...it was supposed to be exclusive for us, but within 5 minutes of us getting it, there it is on MS. That sucks.

Well, to be fair, we didn't say "exclusive" anywhere, regarding this

announcement. However, we do have the info, as Mana explains below,

before the rest of the wide world.

:thumb_yello: Agree with you both.

What I also find funny though is that it says on the MFC poster that fan presale is from 2-5 EST and 7-10 GMT, but on MS it says 2 EST and 10 GMT.

What time do they actually mean that this will be on sale? Another Team Mika gaffe?

It's actually the same thing -- 2 - 5 p.m. Eastern, is the same as 2 Eastern

to 10 GMT. :thumb_yello:

What it means is that Mika's "fans" - AKA, us and the members of the Mikasounds community - get an exclusive before the tickets go on wide release. As in, before all the New York media outlets get an email blitz from Mika's PR team resulting in the gigs being announced by every radio station, newspaper, etc.

Right now, that info is only available where active fans will look - on MFC, and on Mikasounds. :thumb_yello:

Right!

And all over twitter!:wink2:

We didn't post it there -- can't control what the rest of the world

does.

Edited by dcdeb

And all over twitter!:wink2:

Actually twitter is not the hot bed of activity you imagine. If you search replies, you will see, it is mostly MFCers saying thanks to @mikaounds for his tweet about the codes. Only a handful mention his show. It is still before 6am in NY. Wait till they wake up.:wink2:

It was members of the MFC! Not mods though!:blink:

Me. It was me. Mostly so the MFCers twittering on there would know it was time to go check MS. I don't have an army of followers who even care what I say!!:aah:

Me. It was me. Mostly so the MFCers twittering on there would know it was time to go check MS. I don't have an army of followers who even care what I say!!:aah:

I posted the New York gig too. But I've only got Mika people following me, so I didn't think it would matter too much.

It was members of the MFC! Not mods though!:blink:

I know, that's what I meant. But as BlueSky said, the only people who

will see the tweets are people who are searching on "Mika" or

"@mikasounds" anyway. :thumb_yello:

Yes, and thank you! You're the reason I saw it as I was waking up at 5:30am & brushing my teeth.

Okay!:huglove:

No you're probably right, but one can follow all that is said with the word Mikasound in it... you know what I mean!

But I don't think it's a big deal anyway, you can't keep a secret on the net!:naughty:

Okay!:huglove:

No you're probably right, but one can follow all that is said with the word Mikasound in it... you know what I mean!

But I don't think it's a big deal anyway, you can't keep a secret on the net!:naughty:

considering the fact that some of the European dates aren't actually sold out, you can actually keep a secret on the net - just not from MFC :naughty:

considering the fact that some of the European dates aren't actually sold out, you can actually keep a secret on the net - just not from MFC :naughty:

Not sold out...seriously?:boxed:

Ah the man should absolutely come to Stockholm...I can scramble together at least three fans in a minute!:naughty:

Not sold out...seriously?:boxed:

Ah the man should absolutely come to Stockholm...I can scramble together at least three fans in a minute!:naughty:

Berlin is definitely not sold out, don't think Milan and London are either :dunno:

and yeah 3 fans... that would be you, me and who? Nika? :mf_rosetinted: