Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

TBH, as tiresome as he is finding complaints on Twitter ( so he's gonna REALLY hate me right now!), I find this constant jerking around with the video blogs!

If they are gonna put them up, then just DO IT!

What's with the constant in and out nonsense that keeps happening?

Does this happen with everyone who posts vids on YT? I've not had the chance to do one yet so I'm sure how it works, I thought you uploaded it from your device, and bobs your uncle, you could watch it.

Can someone enlighten me, because if that's all it takes, what's the hold up?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it and have it on cache, it's a Rory Bremner Grace Kelly Parody...very amusing really, dunno why they took it...;(

Going to pick up the kids, see u all later...hopefully they'll put it back by then...

TBH, as tiresome as he is finding complaints on Twitter ( so he's gonna REALLY hate me right now!), I find this constant jerking around with the video blogs!

Does this happen with everyone who posts vids on YT? I've not had the chance to do one yet so I'm sure how it works, I thought you uploaded it from your device, and bobs your uncle, you could watch it.

Apparently you can't upload a video as private. It's always public first, then you change the settings to private.

This means that there's always a fan at least stalking M when he's uploading a video. :teehee:

Or that he is very very slow in changing the settings. :naughty:

I agree, it is very annoying.

You are right; on YT you upload a video and provided you haven't made a cock up and uploaded the wrong one, which sometimes happens but not if you are reasonably methodical, then Bob is indeed your uncle.

Perhaps the logic is a bit along the lines of what happened Sadler's Wells when the curtain went up briefly to give us a sneak preview of what was to come (so I am told..I was in the bar with my extortionately priced plastic cup of wine at the time :naughty:). This "tantalizing" appearing/disappearing of the vlogs though is just irritating!

Apparently you can't upload a video as private. It's always public first, then you change the settings to private.

This means that there's always a fan at least stalking M when he's uploading a video. :teehee:

Aha I didn't think of that, it's possible. But the vlogs are eventually made public aren't they? So why convert it to private? Or is this video a private one? If so why is it on the mikasounds site? Why all the questions???? :lmfao:

Ah, I see!:thumb_yello:

You are right; on YT you upload a video and provided you haven't made a cock up and uploaded the wrong one, which sometimes happens but not if you are reasonably methodical, then Bob is indeed your uncle.

Perhaps the logic is a bit along the lines of what happened Sadler's Wells when the curtain went up briefly to give us a sneak preview of what was to come (so I am told..I was in the bar with my extortionately priced plastic cup of wine at the time :naughty:). This "tantalizing" appearing/disappearing of the vlogs though is just irritating!

I must say, I was walking along the front row, when the curtain went up, and I oohed and aahed like a kid at Christmas!:naughty:

I just happen to have clicked on Mikasounds on youtube at the right time, the video had only just been uploaded I think, as someone had only logged in 9 minutes before I logged in. I watched it and left a comment, then when I went back to Mikasounds homepage it was gone and the observer video was back up, when I clicked on a link that I had sent to Gat on myspace it said it was private.

It was funny, but at least nobody missed any actual Mika. It's still bad timing/planning/uploading by Mikasounds though. :sneaky2:

Aha I didn't think of that, it's possible. But the vlogs are eventually made public aren't they? So why convert it to private? Or is this video a private one? If so why is it on the mikasounds site? Why all the questions???? :lmfao:

I was thinking this also, very confusing!

*cough* :blink::naughty:

I just happen to have clicked on Mikasounds on youtube at the right time, the video had only just been uploaded I think, as someone had only logged in 9 minutes before I logged in. I watched it and left a comment, then when I went back to Mikasounds homepage it was gone and the observer video was back up, when I clicked on a link that I had sent to Gat on myspace it said it was private.

It was funny, but at least nobody missed any actual Mika. It's still bad timing/planning/uploading by Mikasounds though. :sneaky2:

Is Mika not the subject of the video then?

I spoke to Andy about this briefly.

It turns out there are many people involved with this YouTube account, including people from the management team, the record label, and sometimes Andy himself.

Andy didn't have a practical explanation for this, only to say that anything weird that happens is likely some kind of glitch - not an active attempt to favour certain fans. He said that what likely happens is that some people who manage this account make the video private to keep it in a sort of "holding area" until they're ready to actually release it.

It can be frustrating, but please understand that no one is deliberately trying to jerk anyone around or anything like that. :thumb_yello:

It turns out there are many people involved with this YouTube account, including people from the management team, the record label, and sometimes Andy himself.

Andy didn't have a practical explanation for this, only to say that anything weird that happens is likely some kind of glitch - not an active attempt to favour certain fans. He said that what likely happens is that some people who manage this account make the video private to keep it in a sort of "holding area" until they're ready to actually release it.

It can be frustrating, but please understand that no one is deliberately trying to jerk anyone around or anything like that. :thumb_yello:

Okay thanks, that is fine. Nice to have an explanation :biggrin2:.

Yes, I meant he's not actually in it, just Rory Bremner sat at the piano singing a version of GK with a girl in a yellow dress etc.

The whole vid? So like this?

Or is it a different one?

Thank you Mana, I was going to ask him myself, but couldn't get near him at SW.

Cheers for find that out:wink2::thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

Cool lyrics, Marylin...:biggrin2:

Pardon me for ruining Sinatra's "Fly me to the moon" lyrics

Fly me to the moon

and while I fly among the stars

You can just as well get stuffed

On cadbury and mars

In other words, hold my wand

In other words, baby stalk me

Listen to my new song

Let me sing for ever more

Flying is what I always longed for

All I worship and adore

In other words, have to get another flight

In other words, it's all other jetlagers do

Well done! At this rate we'll be helping Mika to write a whole album of flying songs!