Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

Yeah I'd like to check it out, definitely, but god it's so scary to go up there:naughty:

I am a bit:teehee:

I have been scared of hights... should have seen me the first time i went to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I was very nervous. But have changed since then. I love hights now :) Love to watch out of the window when flying

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a love hate relationship with height. As long as I can talk myself into being somewhat safe - behind a window, behind a banister, on a plane, I find it fascinating and thrilling and really enjoy being up there.

I wouldn't want to deal with height myself though. As in flying the plane (thumbs up for Mika and JT's gadget :thumb_yello:), or getting myself into some abseiling or even bungee jumping action. :aah:

i get the urge to jump down when i look down from very high.:blink:

not that i'm suicidal or anything but i can't help it. i'm like "omg:aah: i'm gonna jump,i'm gonna jump:aah: or fall:naughty:

but closed windows are ok. i can look out the windows without getting weird thoughts.

I have a love hate relationship with height. As long as I can talk myself into being somewhat safe - behind a window, behind a banister, on a plane, I find it fascinating and thrilling and really enjoy being up there.I wouldn't want to deal with height myself though. As in flying the plane (thumbs up for Mika and JT's gadget :thumb_yello:), or getting myself into some abseiling or even bungee jumping action. :aah:

I'm a bit like that with height too, I go on all the big scary rollercoasters but have to shut my eyes until after that initial climb, then I absolutely love it! I've always fancied having a go at bungee jumping but fear that I would have to be pushed as I really don't think I would be able to actually jump! :shocked:

Link from another Twitterer:

cmail_qconnews: Mika in security lockdown: MUSIC media had phones and bags confiscated and scanned by metal detectors before a p.. http://tinyurl.com/m2qjer (expandexpanding.gif?1246493642)

FORGET the rigours of airport security; music media had phones and bags confiscated and scanned by metal detectors before a preview of British pop star Mika's second album at the Ivy Penthouse on Tuesday night.

The singer and his record label minders were understandably cautious that none of the guests was packing a hidden microphone, as the record isn't released until September. But the irony was that the latest big album leak - U2's No Line On The Horizon - was accidentally made by his Australian record label Universal, not the media.

cmail_qconnews: Mika in security lockdown: MUSIC media had phones and bags confiscated and scanned by metal detectors before a p.. http://tinyurl.com/m2qjer (expandexpanding.gif?1246493642)

FORGET the rigours of airport security; music media had phones and bags confiscated and scanned by metal detectors before a preview of British pop star Mika's second album at the Ivy Penthouse on Tuesday night.

The singer and his record label minders were understandably cautious that none of the guests was packing a hidden microphone, as the record isn't released until September. But the irony was that the latest big album leak - U2's No Line On The Horizon - was accidentally made by his Australian record label Universal, not the media.

:shocked: OMG!! What is happened?

Has Mika been arrested?:shocked:

not that i'm suicidal or anything but i can't help it. i'm like "omg:aah: i'm gonna jump,i'm gonna jump:aah: or fall:naughty:

but closed windows are ok. i can look out the windows without getting weird thoughts.

you're not alone in that... i always feel like that too. russell brand talks about that a lot in his stand up, i think it's just kind of like "what if's" and fear or the unknown kinda thing, curiousity.

No, no :thumb_yello: People who attended the showcase (or whatever it was) had their bags checked so they couldn't take in any gadgets that would allow them to record Mika's new songs :wink2:

No.

It's about the security blanket that's been put on the album.

Anyone going to the listening sessions, is searched thoroughly, before they go in to hear it, to make sure they don't have recording devices, so as not to leak any parts of it, on the internet or radio stations.

no no no, although they are gearing up security for his showcase so that people won't record the show and the songs won't leak.

No, no :thumb_yello: People who attended the showcase (or whatever it was) had their bags checked so they couldn't take in any gadgets that would allow them to record Mika's new songs :wink2:

Ops... I have translated badly excuse me!! :teehee: ...my bad English....

Fiùùùù Thank you for having clarified you the ideas!!

:blush-anim-cl:

Me too... it's weird isn't it.

I sometimes get the same feeling when I'm driving.. like, 'what would happen if I just drove into that brick wall now??' Well it's pretty obvious what would happen :aah:

I'm not remotely suicidal, or even daredevil (I'm overly cautious if anything) but sometimes the weirdest thoughts go through your head in these situations.

Whoever wrote that piece is stupid arn't they! The music media could leak the songs! Mika and his team were wise to be cautious. Besides, it the MFC can't hear WAG yet, what right has the rest of the world to hear it!!

Ahh that. :roftl: I'm in a crazy fangurl mode today. :fangurl: Why is that?

Ah, I know: I have access to my fakebook account again and this is what they say: violetfan.jpg

So it must be true.

:wub2:

You have just basically described one of my recurring nightmares :shocked::aah:. Except I usually end up being told that I have to abseil down the side of the building, because the lifts are out of order. *shudder*

:shocked: I hate lifts anyway. :aah:

Well done! If they had checked MFCers at the acoustic gigs... :naughty:

Has Mika been arrested?:shocked

:lmfao:

Oh, I'm sure he'd take it as a joke and know to blame Ingie before anyone else.

She's notoriously naughty. :fish::naughty:

That is very true:roftl:

Yeah and a joke perpetrated by one of the Europeans, not one of the Aussies!

Honestly Ingie, you nearly gave me a heart attack!:sneaky2: I was wondering how the magazine had managed to hit the stands so quickly and how you knew about it and why the shot on the cover looked remarkably like the image of Mika eating from that recent blog.... but my brain didn't stop to connect all the dots.:naughty:

Particularly when I saw what Kelz posted in the comments on the twitpic page. I thought it really must be real and that she also had a copy. Now that my brain has caught up with the fact that IT'S A FAKE!, I can relax.

Can I just plead temporary insanity or temporary distraction or something?:aah:

I apologise, even though I'm quite late:roftl:

Yes, you are definately related.

I am the expert on these things.

This was the mafia speech award, if I'm not mistaken... :biggrin2:

mika71.jpg

He's missing the black hat and the rain coat on his arm though to accomplish the exact Mikamob look!:shocked:

You have just basically described one of my recurring nightmares :shocked::aah:. Except I usually end up being told that I have to abseil down the side of the building, because the lifts are out of order. *shudder*

Far freakin out. I'd be like "There have to be stairs! Every building has to have fire stairs. Please, let me take the stairs!!!"

Me too... it's weird isn't it.

I sometimes get the same feeling when I'm driving.. like, 'what would happen if I just drove into that brick wall now??' Well it's pretty obvious what would happen :aah:

I'm not remotely suicidal, or even daredevil (I'm overly cautious if anything) but sometimes the weirdest thoughts go through your head in these situations.

:roftl: I can't think of any examples right this minute, but I know I've done the same sort of thing.

That is very true:roftl:

I apologise, even though I'm quite late:roftl:

I'll be very ocker for you.... No worries mate!:biggrin2: