Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

My best friend Mari bought a DVD in the street ( a copy one). But she didn't notice it was dubbed in Catalan :aah: It was Vicky/Cristina/Barcelona

The only bits I really understood were the ones subtitled (and spanish is my mother tongue!). I felt it was like a mix of italian, french and portuguese, but SO mixed that it made me dizzy.

Funniest thing was the "La" article before the names. In spanish we use it for female names only, but catalans seem to use it for everything. Even for naming the male character on the movie, who was called "la Juan Antonio" (!!) :naughty:

La Mika!!!!:biggrin2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can always call your mom to book flights...:naughty:

But no worries, as it'll be happening only in 2029, you'd be here raising your 8 babies by then...:mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah:roftl: :doh:

8? I'd be a stressed out mother... Not single I hope:naughty:

My best friend Mari bought a DVD in the street ( a copy one). But she didn't notice it was dubbed in Catalan :aah: It was Vicky/Cristina/Barcelona

The only bits I really understood were the ones subtitled (and spanish is my mother tongue!). I felt it was like a mix of italian, french and portuguese, but SO mixed that it made me dizzy.

Funniest thing was the "La" article before the names. In spanish we use it for female names only, but catalans seem to use it for everything. Even for naming the male character on the movie, who was called "la Juan Antonio" (!!) :naughty:

Oh that story is hilarious :lmao:

You're spot on with the language mix, and for sure it's closer to those than to Spanish.

One thing though, the article is compulsory so every noun or name has to have the "la" or "el" in front of the name, but there is no way on earth that a masculin name would have a "la".

So, it would be "el Juan Antonio" for sure. If they wrote "la Juan Antonio" they got something seriously wrong with the translation there :roftl:

Shouldn't we have a "Significant facts/pics of the day" for those who work or are extremely busy and come home late at night tired but still feel the urge to peek for 5 mins what happened in here?

I've been going tp the hospital for a few days for treatment but i came home at night and couldn't resist peeking my fav threads, but as we often go off topic, i found 50, 60, 70 pages to read and it was hard to find a good short resume of what happened that day...

I kinda missed a resumed thread by then...

But I do sometimes...:naughty:

See the nights when Picture caption thread is always on top?

That's when i do...:mf_rosetinted:

I thought it was vitamin D doing that:wink2:

Shouldn't we have a "Significant facts/pics of the day" for those who work or are extremely busy and come home late at night tired but still feel the urge to peek for 5 mins what happened in here?

I've been going tp the hospital for a few days for treatment but i came home at night and couldn't resist peeking my fav threads, but as we often go off topic, i found 50, 60, 70 pages to read and it was hard to find a good short resume of what happened that day...

That would be awesome. Actually today they kind of did that with the italian interviews thread where they updated the front page.

I thought it was vitamin D doing that:wink2:

That would be awesome. Actually today they kind of did that with the italian interviews thread where they updated the front page.

That and a paraphernalia of other meds!

Yes, they did, they were great in fact, but what i had in mind was a thread where in a page we could resume the day posting the most important facts and pics for those who come here late and just have 5 mins to check it all out...

That and a paraphernalia of other meds!

Yes, they did, they were great in fact, but what i had in mind was a thread where in a page we could resume the day posting the most important facts and pics for those who come here late and just have 5 mins to check it all out...

I'm talking about this on the Brazilian thread :wink2: Sweet is there and she's more lost than you :naughty:

Yes, that would be great so nothing important will be missed, like when he finally confessed today that he wrote (co-wrote I think) Ci parliamo da grande.

He seems to be in a confessing mood, you never know what he could admit tomorrow:teehee:

I'm talking about this on the Brazilian thread :wink2: Sweet is there and she's more lost than you :naughty:

So you see, maybe itd be good to have one like that, we could call it "The Quickie thread"...:roftl:

So you see, maybe itd be good to have one like that, we could call it "The Quickie thread"...:roftl:

:roftl:

Should we use protection to read it?:teehee:

Ok people, I'm off to bed.But don't tell any of the argentinian girls, it's only 10pm here:aah:

actually, this thread was never meant for chitchat, but for mika's update.

:wink2:

eu passei três horas lendo todo o thread das radios italianas :naughty:

Some people can't afford spending 3 hours reading a thread or spending the day here for various reasons sometimes, and it'd be a way of keeping up in a few mins...

Hey, moddies, is it ok if i open "The quickie thread"?

Or should i chose a less kinky name?:mf_rosetinted:

G, I know you're watching me...:biggrin2:

But we got so fond of it we use it for chit chat all the time, and now people are used to it...

well, we already have 100000000 other threads where we can chitchat, perhaps i should ask that we keep a closer eye on this one and stop it from going off topic :wink2:

well, we already have 100000000 other threads where we can chitchat, perhaps i should ask that we keep a closer eye on this one and stop it from going off topic :wink2:

Ok, your wish is my command, ma'am...:thumb_yello:

in this thread we chitchat about the updates :teehee: we have to make a new thread just to post the updates? maybe? :dunno:

in this thread we chitchat about the updates :teehee: we have to make a new thread just to post the updates? maybe? :dunno:

let me see what the other mods think first ok?

it could get quite confusing to have threads dealing with the same thing. i'm afraid both would become chitchat within minutes... :naughty:

Is anyone else finding that the people in their lives aren't wowed by all the Mika news bits throughout the day? hurumph! But, I am finding I spend so long catching up with the videos, etc, I don't have time to share with the people who do care, the MFC.

Anyway, I was floored to hear him admit he wrote the Ramazotti song. About time I say. I would love to know if he's written other songs that artists have released. I think he should be proud of it. I love that song and the AHHHHHHHHHH part.

Also, I don't know what to expect about this video. My my my, I can't believe he did it. I keep thinking of the Tamagotchi interview where he said he wouldn't model underwear. I wish the video would be released on my day off, esp since I might faint LOLOLOLOLOLOL