Acoustic shows photographs and filming

All shows yup , no I cant tell the whole of Berlin at this moment :roftl::wink2:

I think it's down to the venue Rose and what works or doesn't work in Berlin isn't necessarily what will happen at the other venues. The fact that it's an operating church could be a further issue.

Just thought I'd bring up quote from FD, that it's for all shows.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I don't understand it again.

So just plain and simple what is allowed and what isn't?

The only thing you can't do is filming!

All the rest is allowed... however it is your decision if you want to bother other people with the camera flash or not!

But like I said... We have to wait and see, maybe because of the lights it won't be any problem with the flash.

Just thought I'd bring up quote from FD, that it's for all shows.

The rules are for all shows but I'm sure people are going to attempt to break the rules. Isn't that what you were asking? To see what happens in Berlin tonight when they try to film/photograph? Because I'm sure they will if they can get away with it.

The rules are for all shows but I'm sure people are going to attempt to break the rules. Isn't that what you were asking? To see what happens in Berlin tonight when they try to film/photograph? Because I'm sure they will if they can get away with it.

I asked Allegra to let us know what happens, if they have any problems, or whatever.

End of the day , it all depends on how hard this is enforced , some shows Ive seen very heavy handed approaches , others let it go

For me .. sitting and holding cameras above heads is NOT the way to go in a theatre:boxed:

Very true.

I can see a lot of sliding down in the seat, all along the front row.:roftl:

End of the day , it all depends on how hard this is enforced , some shows Ive seen very heavy handed approaches , others let it go

For me .. sitting and holding cameras above heads is NOT the way to go in a theatre:boxed:

Yes I agree on both counts. Whatever works or doesn't work in Berlin is not necessarily going to be the same as SW. But people should use some common courtesy towards others regardless of what they can get away with in the venue.

Ok after quite a few questions regarding what can be taken abd recorded at the acoustic shows here team M's reply :

No filming (us of a camcorder to record the show) is allowed , but cameras to take photographs is.

FD - I would just add to be careful with the use of flash , this could be an issue

thank you, Freddie! :wink2: ....I'm 100% in agreement!:thumb_yello:

Now I don't understand it again.

So just plain and simple what is allowed and what isn't?

I'll do it in Dutch.

Je mag wel je camera meenemen om foto's te maken, je mag alleen niet filmen.

Dat van de flitser was een tip van FD, dus geen officiële regel.

I also totally agree with this. Most of the time I've been lucky enough to be int he front row so just perch my camera on the barrier and film from there but I have had people from behind be stick there cameras in front of my face in order to try to get a better shot! :sneaky2:

I'll be happy with getting a few nice pics. I have a fab zoom :)

Ok after quite a few questions regarding what can be taken abd recorded at the acoustic shows here team M's reply :

No filming (us of a camcorder to record the show) is allowed , but cameras to take photographs is.

FD - I would just add to be careful with the use of flash , this could be an issue

Thank God, photos will be... My heart has failed, when I read the first lines.

Why it is impossible to do videoshooting?...:boxed:

Maybe I'll say something not popular but for me in places like SW there should be a ban on filming AND photos with flash. After all it's a theatre and I guess nobody would like to have someone's camera stuck into his face to get a better shot.

I would really advise to listen to them , but everyone has free will.

Please just remember for London its a theatre,its a totally different vibe to anything else weve done before

also milano is. I think several of this tour venues may be of that type..

Im going to let you all make your own minds up ... this was the info anyways:biggrin2:

I'm never filming or taking pics during gigs anyway. my old camera sucked and wouldn't be able to anyway. with my new I probably could somehow, but when he's on stage I prefrer concentrating on him rather than smt else. :wink2:

I didn't see this thread before the Berlin gig! So I filmed a couple of songs. Security guys gave all very different info. It was clear that "no flash" and I was very careful not to use any flash. I heard someone saying "no filming", but they didn't say it to me, and I tried to be careful not to disturb people.

I didn't see this thread before the Berlin gig! So I filmed a couple of songs. Security guys gave all very different info. It was clear that "no flash" and I was very careful not to use any flash. I heard someone saying "no filming", but they didn't say it to me, and I tried to be careful not to disturb people.

Thanks

As always with these things it depends on how heavy handed its enforced

same here. flash makes no sense at a concert anyway, unless mika is standing right in front of you. and i understand that in a church or fancy theater flash isn't allowed, like in a museum, cause it's not good for the paintings etc.

i'm wondering about the no filming thing though. "team mika" started taking films off youtube, which they haven't done before. but at the same time, they encourage us to post our (youtube) videos on mikasounds. makes no sense to me really. :blink: maybe they just don't want the new songs to be spread all over the web before their release? but then they should state this clearly, and not just a general "no filming".

In Berlin, it was all a bit badly organised in this sense. I didn't see this thread before the gig either, but while we were waiting to go in, the security guys kept saying 'no flash and no filming', and once we were seated they came over to some of us (who were not doing anything with the camera at that time, it was just totally random) and told us 'no filming'.

So I didn't film (I knew that they'd catch me if I tried, as I was so close to the front and on the side of the bench), even though I would have given anything to get that Lady Jane :wub2:.

Later on though, when the mob came to the front and they started waving cameras up in the air, including paps' cameras, I decided to film myself.

It was also a matter of survival, as I couldn't even SEE Mika from my spot anymore (I was standing and couldn't see him at all from there because they were blocking our view) so I figured that at least if I held my camera over their heads I would see 'something' even if it wasn't real time.

What I find shocking is that security/Mika management say that people shouldn't film, and then they allow that crazy mob to come to the front and they are allowed to film very openly!!!

The one girl was standing there in the middle of the aisle shoving a camera up Mika's face.

I mean, come on. Security did zilch, yet they made such a strong point earlier on, which prevented people like me from filming. I have my filming technique perfected in such way that I never obstruct anyone's view with my camera :roftl:, I just hold it close to my chest facing up, and don't even look through it. I'm really careful so that the camera is not taking up any extra space that my body isn't, which means that theatre or normal gig place, I am not affecting anyone else when I film.

i'll miss your videos! :crybaby:

i did not take my camera, cause i'm crap at filming/taking pix and i thought 'sara will be there'!:teehee:

anyway

i agree on forbidding flashes and cameras held in the face of the performer.

but some of us have very friendly and fair techniques!

i'll miss your videos! :crybaby:

i did not take my camera, cause i'm crap at filming/taking pix and i thought 'sara will be there'!:teehee:

anyway

i agree on forbidding flashes and cameras held in the face of the performer.

but some of us have very friendly and fair techniques!

Well, I did manage to film little bits towards the end, but I messed something up with the camera settings so the quality is not great. At one point I thought that I would not even have sound at all on the recordings!! Later I found that I had sound but it's not fantastic.

Anyway I will try and post what I have.

At least I have a video of Mika signing the flag! Mr.Violet kindly took it of us :wub2: and it includes Mika telling Allegra that she needs to keep giving him presents hahahahaha!!!

So cute.