Acoustic shows photographs and filming

wow that's weird most singers/performers & the theatres/concert arena's/halls etc hate you even taking photo's hmm that's a first for me to hear it's ok, If I can manage to get to see Mika on monday I may possibly take a few photos if I can but I won't bother doing many. I'll be too fascinated watching Mika!!

the good thing about my camera is I don't need flash, If It's dark there's a little light on the front & it's not blindingly birght either but bright enough to take a decent or at least semi decent photo even in almost pitch black darkness:thumb_yello:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just see this thread now, after Amsterdam and Brussels .. Should I not put the videos on youtube? :boxed: I don't want any problems .. for nobody ...

At the venues itself they had no problem with it, in Amsterdam they didn't even check for cameras and in Brussels they did with some people, but they could just take their camera with them .. Before the gig they said to switch off your mobile phones and that you couldn't smoke, but nothing about photographing or filming.. so I guessed it was ok? Now I don't know :boxed:

Edit; After reading it again they say:

No filming (us of a camcorder to record the show) is allowed , but cameras to take photographs is.

So to me it seems they mean you can't use a camcorder, wich is a special thing to make only films (in great quality).

But you can use a camera to take photographs .. and they're not saying you can't use that camera to film ..

I don't know .. I'll just wait untill someones tells me what to do .. :roftl:

Edited by Guest

So, I just see this thread now, after Amsterdam and Brussels .. Should I not put the videos on youtube? :boxed: I don't want any problems .. for nobody ...

At the venues itself they had no problem with it, in Amsterdam they didn't even check for cameras and in Brussels they did with some people, but they could just take their camera with them .. Before the gig they said to switch off your mobile phones and that you couldn't smoke, but nothing about photographing or filming.. so I guessed it was ok? Now I don't know :boxed:

Edit; After reading it again they say:

No filming (us of a camcorder to record the show) is allowed , but cameras to take photographs is.

So to me it seems they mean you can't use a camcorder, wich is a special thing to make only films (in great quality).

But you can use a camera to take photographs .. and they're not saying you can't use that camera to film ..

I don't know .. I'll just wait untill someones tells me what to do .. :roftl:

Should I just send you an empty dvd then? :roftl:

• 2 weeks later...
I think it will be kinda obvious if someone is holding a camera up all the time

We need to remember its a theatre too .... kind of a different vibe

How do you take a picture of someone in a dark theatre without using flash? :naughty:

Might as well do body searches to prevent any electronics from entering :roftl:

In Japan they search your bags and things...everyone is pretty good, excpet me, but a couple of weeks ago, security was RIPPINg cameras out of people's hands and making them delete footage. Was not nice.

So if/when Mika ever makes it back here, not sure I will risk the while secret vid thing...it may detract from my enjoyment of the show!!:teehee:

How do you take a picture of someone in a dark theatre without using flash? :naughty:

Might as well do body searches to prevent any electronics from entering :roftl:

In two last shows they didn't say no to flash, so I took a few pictures with flash (I saw so many using flash). But those pictures there not good. Lightning at stage was so strong, that my pictures were much better without flash. Of course, if you are experienced photographer, you can use flash better. I'm not good at using it.

In two last shows they didn't say no to flash, so I took a few pictures with flash (I saw so many using flash). But those pictures there not good. Lightning at stage was so strong, that my pictures were much better without flash. Of course, if you are experienced photographer, you can use flash better. I'm not good at using it.

Well there is not much use for a flash if you are in a distance from the object; you have to be fairly close if the flash will do any good.

But the beauty with digital cameras is that they need less lightning to capture the picture than the old fashion system cameras like for example Canon EOS 500 that I'm used to!:wink2:

I think it’s only a matter of time when conditions will force me to get myself a digital camera…:naughty:

I have a digital camera, and I didn't use flash at the Lily Allen concert the other night, and my pics came out really good. Front row helps of course. :naughty:

The link's in my siggy if anyone is interested.