Mika AB Brussels Review (Blue Eyes new single??)

img1053h.jpg

I like the pic :wub2:

Mika can't sit still

Brussel - In September his new album comes out, but already Mika's warming up with some acoustic concerts where songs from his new mini-album Songs For Sorrow find a place. "A seated concert", they announced about the thursday show in the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels. That only lasted a little while.

Even though the popstar brings a handfull new songs, there was also enough room for alternated versions of publicfavorites "Lollipop" and "Grace Kelly" - one time in English and one time in French. And of course the public, including Walter Van Beirendonck - preffered this standing over sitting on their AB-seat. Also Mika stayed, apart from some intimate new songs, his energetic himself, like he always is. Waving his arms in front of the stage, putting his microfoon towards the crowd that acted as a choir or drumming on a trash can, on top of his piano ...

The instant-superstar with elastic voice stays a teamster (?) that looks born for big stages, but also enjoys the smaller ones.

At the end of july, a first single of second album comes out. You don't have to wait so long to make "Blue Eyes" - fresh Paul Simon-like afropop from the new EP that immediately stole some hearts in the AB - your summer hit. Check it out on http://www.mikasounds.com

(sorry for the bad translation, I hope you understand it :roftl: It's a nice thingie :original: ).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Eyes is (IMO) a 'commercial' single. I like the song, but I like ToyBoy more. But TB won't be understood by the larger public I think. Blue Eyes is a song on which you can dance/ swing.

But hey: any new single will do: Mika's songs are all great!:mf_lustslow:

No .. I don't know .. They say there will be a single, and then they say you don't have to wait so long to hear Blue Eyes ..

I just don't know if they say it because it'll be a single, or because it was a popular song in the AB .. (that's why I put the ?? in het title :bleh:)

TFP! :thumb_yello:

It doesn't say BE will be the first single, only that it is likely to become a successful summer song. The EP is out on sale and you can hear that song on the website, too. :wink2:

I heard Blame it on the girls would be first and Rain second?:blink: I rather doubt Blue eyes will be the next single as he said the ep wasn't commercial in any way.

Love the pic though:wub2:

I don't know about BIOTG & Rain, but yes, I do think it's unlikely to have a song from the EP as a single .. And even more unlikely to have it on both the EP and the album .. So it will be another song :wink2: I think :roftl:

Blue eyes! :wub2:

I'm happy it's going to be released as a single, it's my fav song.

I'm so thrilled if this is true! I ADORE Blue Eyes (almost as much as I adore Mika's brown ones) I also think it will be better as a first single than BIOTG would have been! I would love to see Mika get to number one again!

TFP! :thumb_yello:

It doesn't say BE will be the first single, only that it is likely to become a successful summer song. The EP is out on sale and you can hear that song on the website, too. :wink2:

thats what i believe too. they're just saying that blue eyes is a popular song not that its the first single. i dont think that the first single is one of the EP songs. i mean GK wasnt on the dodgy holiday EP.

anyway this is a lovely article! t4p bienie:thumb_yello: