MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we know that, but in fact nobody is willing to stop going earlier and earlier, so the reality of the situation won't change, and it is what we have.

In Milan, there were no allocated seats, so people were queuing from 8 am. If one had turned up at 4-5 pm, they would have ended up quite far towards the back. This is where the allocated seating is a blessing, as anyone who bought tix for the allocated seats can vouch for.

The one thing that I agree with you on is that this ticketing system was a shambles, as in the good ones (ie, ticketmaster) you know which seats you are getting at the time of purchase.

Don't forget Brixton, when some people started q-ing IN BRIXTON (not the safest of areas) at midnight...IN FEBUARY!!! in the UK :blink: (madness) they could have got hypathernmia but I guess they had sleeping bags and foil blankets and seats and the whole kit.

So the relaxed atmosphere knowing where your at before you get there is just much more pleasant and stress free.

Yes it would be much better to KNOW what seats you are actually buying first though as it felt like you were buying blind, in fact we WERE!

But I think the atmosphere was every bit as good if not better than GA gigs cos I have been to some (yes Mika ones) where ppl have even started having a real go at each other at the gig, in fact I am sure at one of the Brixton ones they had to cart someone out for trying to scrap.

no no no

Daz is one of the original MFCers - he was a member before me and was always early in the queues & front row - but some times real life gets in the way - hence he was row n this time!

Sorry to quote you Carrie but I can't find the original post, but I have been front row at pretty much every Mika gig I have been to (second for one) which is about 12 so far. I love being front row at every gig I go to and was queuing from 10am on Sunday to get front row at the Summertime Ball. The reason I was so far back is cos I didn't find out about the gig until the day they went on sale. Believe me if I was in the front, I would have been the life and soul!

Oh gosh, you know what I'm still not sure whether to give him the scripts or not LMAO.

Yes, yes you should, and I'd love to be there when you do:thumb_yello:

I just looked at my pics, and there's only 2 good ones, one of us at lunch, and a brilliant one of Cherisses on drums!

I'll put them on tomorrow.

Sorry to quote you Carrie but I can't find the original post, but I have been front row at pretty much every Mika gig I have been to (second for one) which is about 12 so far. I love being front row at every gig I go to and was queuing from 10am on Sunday to get front row at the Summertime Ball. The reason I was so far back is cos I didn't find out about the gig until the day they went on sale. Believe me if I was in the front, I would have been the life and soul!

post no/ 394 p 33 :) you hard core dude you ! ;)

As far as I'm aware none of us knew!

We were just told there would be a special announcement, didn't know it was for tickets. First I knew was getting a text when I woke up on the thursday morning, then I rushed out to my friends, for him to get my ticket. So we were all in the same boat.

Yes, yes you should, and I'd love to be there when you do:thumb_yello:

I just looked at my pics, and there's only 2 good ones, one of us at lunch, and a brilliant one of Cherisses on drums!

I'll put them on tomorrow.

Eck...maybe I'll start it soon then, ready for the gigs in the winter...=S =/

I just don't want him to hate me LOL

Eck...maybe I'll start it soon then, ready for the gigs in the winter...=S =/

I just don't want him to hate me LOL

I would hope he's got a good sense of humour, just hope John and Jerry do!:roftl:

CazGirl!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your 7-part report!!!!! I enjoyed IT to the fullest!!

You just made ME want to be at the show again!!!!

I hope some day I get to meet you. It seems that you have a positive vibe!!! And I love being around people like THAT!!!

I am so excited that you finally got to meet MIKA!!! and how polite you were with him as well.!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPORT TO US!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Lucy

I would hope he's got a good sense of humour, just hope John and Jerry do!:roftl:

Exactly!! Haha!! No hot chocolate and doughnuts for me in the winter queue methinks lmao!!!

CazGirl!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your 7-part report!!!!! I enjoyed IT to the fullest!!

You just made ME want to be at the show again!!!!

I hope some day I get to meet you. It seems that you have a positive vibe!!! And I love being around people like THAT!!!

I am so excited that you finally got to meet MIKA!!! and how polite you were with him as well.!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPORT TO US!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Awww cuteness! You're very welcome darling!

I took some pix but I think only about 6 are good 6 are fair the rest are poop lol summits up with my camera setting I think and I dunno how to put it right (any camera genii out there??) lol cant post em now cos I got to go to bed for work and its taken me since 6pm to get on top of this flaming thread (yes I read from the start like a good girl lol).

Just finished reading the whole thread.

I have to say that I'm quite annoyed by a few MFCers (and non-MFCers). I'm not going to be specific, because I don't want to start a bitch fest, but some people's lack of respect and decency really makes me ashamed to be part of MFC sometimes. Not quite so much this time, but I'm still irritated.

Besides that, I'm glad you all had a great time. :original:

either way, won't he get to read about it in the 2008 yearbook?

No, I wrote all the stuff for the yearbook before I started writing about it I believe. I'm writing about it in the birthday thing...I think? LOL :roftl:

So he has it :wub2:

awwww, "say thanks to Mel." I can hear it in my head Daisy how cool of you.:roftl:

p.s. was it yasmine who said 'Part2 heard about this' or Mika...I'm a bit confused on that. That's pretty funny if he did, because we literally did this within a week:aah:

It was Mika who said it!

I was videoing it for the MFC on Daisy's camera and when she asked him to say thank you to you...he looked straight into the camera and said it! How he knew it was me filming it as opposed to the other 60 people with cameras I don't know! :roftl:

Also remembered something. Mika commented on the stage design and said it all looked like chewing gum wrappers. Everyone laughed....Mika gave a nervous laugh and said "I shouldn't have said that...." crowd laughed even more, then he said "sing, you f***ing idiot, sing." :roftl: :roftl:

Bless him. :fangurl:

It was Mika who said it!

I was videoing it for the MFC on Daisy's camera and when she asked him to say thank you to you...he looked straight into the camera and said it! How he knew it was me filming it as opposed to the other 60 people with cameras I don't know! :roftl:

I was there, I saw it, and I can confirm it happened! :biggrin2:

I'm having a hard time writing down everything:naughty:I can talk about this though.

The stage invasion and the M&G... I thought the stage invasion could be really fun if people weren't so rude. At some point I climbed onto stage too, without even noticing it(:aah:) and just jumped and sang. When I saw a mad woman hugging him and everyone else cornering him I just backed off. I mean, it's just disappointing to see sometimes how he gives the crowd so much confidence and people take advantage of it in a really non healthy way. I was much younger than that crazy lady, you could think less conscious etc, but she just behaved like a fangurl of my age would do. And so did the couple of two freaking italians who kept screaming "Te Amo" and ran over the front row so they could shake his hand and then when invading the stage also almost ran over the guy. That really puts me off the whole gig experience.

The M&G... I had been waiting inside the foyer to see if anyone knew where it was at and if it was happening anyway, so when I saw the mods etc heading off I did too, and got on the line. Security came a short while after, saying no pics, no autographs, only shake hands and that's it. I was a bit upset but I wasn't expecting much more. ecurity also said that people should form a line and back off a bit. As soon as he came off, I just heard hysterical screaming. Bah... People didn't make a line, they just started following him around even when he had already gone trough them, gave them autographs etc. The paps were following along and that freaking flash was so annoying. As he got to me, he signed my LICM cd, and I told him me and Liliana(another portuguese fan, I'm sure you know her:biggrin2:) had flew in from Portugal(I just had to say it haha) and he looked at me and said: "Oh yeah, I remember you!... And you. How are you?" (Of course he remebered me...:rolls_eyes:) Then Liliana asked if he'd come to Portugal anytime soon, and he said maybe with the new album, but he doesn't have any plans... Hm. Then he moved to the next people and that was it for me. I didn't go and queue again, didn't follow him, I thought I wouldn't even get a Hi or anything so it was good enough! Oh and my mom didn't have anything for him to sign so she sticked out her hand, closed so he would sign it, but he just shook it and said "Hi, it's very nice to meet you!" :roftl:

I saw people going all insane around him, and people that had already got their autographs etc getting to him again, and I know that he was trying his best to get out of there as soon as poss.. I mean, who wouldn't like to. :aah: I did enjoy his effort though. And his family's effort aswell!