Queuing for GA gigs - thoughts, feedback, suggestions?

lollipop_monkey

We're talking about a hypothetical situation such as a time in the future when MFC may have thousands of active members waiting to purchase tickets for one date and we want to ensure that the original hardcore fanbase is guaranteed golden circle tickets.

So in fact, you think that the people who are always getting front row, should always get front row? In this hypothetical situation of course.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to complain because Christian Louboutin was sitting in a second or first row seat which he probably never bought in the first place, while MFCers had to make do with sitting higher up ?

THAT is our privilege but I don't think it's going to cut much ice with them.

We don't need to. MFC had better seats than Mika's VIPs. :teehee:

So in fact, you think that the people who are always getting front row, should always get front row? In this hypothetical situation of course.

Sounds fair, no? :yay: How about spreading it out a bit, maybe let people get presale in their own country or one gig for each tour :blink:

I'm not that familiar with this golden circle setup because we have allocated seating in N. America. But my understanding is that you'd have a venue with, for instance 10,000 standing places and a golden circle would be roped off near the front of maybe 1,000? (someone can correct me if this is way off??)

So those 1,000 people would have to queue and compete for the front row just like they would at any other gig. They just don't have to compete with the other 9,000 people who are in the standing area of the arena.

I'm not that familiar with this golden circle setup because we have allocated seating in N. America. But my understanding is that you'd have a venue with, for instance 10,000 standing places and a golden circle would be roped off near the front of maybe 1,000? (someone can correct me if this is way off??)

So those 1,000 people would have to queue and compete for the front row just like they would at any other gig. They just don't have to compete with the other 9,000 people who are in the standing area of the arena.

Mmmh.... and how would the queue with the 1000 be organized?

Sounds fair, no? :yay: How about spreading it out a bit, maybe let people get presale in their own country or one gig for each tour :blink:

Yes we had discussed that for this tour. Limiting the total number of presale tickets one person could purchase for the entire tour so people would use their presale allotment to buy tickets for the gig closest to them. But it was beyond our control and Sandbag only limited the number of tickets purchased per date. :dunno:

I don't think it would be fair. :no:

Having been relatively close twice, I'd rather give 'my' front seat to a 'new' fan, in order to let them understand why Mika's live performances are so special. :wub2:

I don't think it is technically possible or that Mika's management would bother but even if they tried to do presale to locals, members of the MFC would appreciate that. In fact, there would be petions to stop him do that.

Another thing aside from the discussion. When for example there will be a presale on Mikasounds, it would be a good thing if tickets can also be bought with more than just a creditcard, i.e Paypal as not everyone has access to a creditcard. Just a thought:naughty:

Having been relatively close twice, I'd rather give 'my' front seat to a 'new' fan, in order to let them understand why Mika's live performances are so special. :wub2:

That's not the way of thinking most people here would have...:naughty:

I have never been front row and as I have already said, don't ever want to, but a 2nd or 3rd row seat is what I'd always aim for

It's not too complicated and it's not the kind of detail that Mika is going to bother himself with I'm sure.

It is simple and I did not say execution by Mika. I recommended execution by Mods:wink2:

Yes we had discussed that for this tour. Limiting the total number of presale tickets one person could purchase for the entire tour so people would use their presale allotment to buy tickets for the gig closest to them. But it was beyond our control and Sandbag only limited the number of tickets purchased per date. :dunno:

...yes, it is difficult. You can use any number of credit cards yourself and also use other people's. That's why it can only work via the fanclub

Most venues which have a capacity of 10 000 standing places (and there ain't much in Europe, for most venues with a capacity over 4000/5000 tend to have a lot of seats) already have systems in place to manage the standing crowd. If you want to be in the golden circle, you just need to pay a few euros more when you buy your ticket.

So the only thing we'd need,and that would be fair, would be presales so that we have the opportunity to buy these ticks before anyone else. There are usually more than enough anyway so that wouldn't demand any tiering.

But again, this is a non debate because 99% of the people who are hardcore enough to queue early and fight for the front row at Mika gigs are MFCers. At the end of the day, it's only a competition between ourselves.

This is an interesting idea.

But that'd mean that it's always the same people who will get front row. I don't think that's fair either.

No, because if there was a weighing of seat allocation for locals (as well as to fans from nearby countries ) it would not always be the same people front row

Seriously, I would feel slightly ridiculous and even more embarrassed if a newbie were allowed a fifth row seat, for instance, and I were sitting in front of the poor bugger because I took an account on the forum one year before he did.

...and imagine how some really dedicated fans would feel if one day Mika gave the first concert ever in their country and they wouldn't be able to get near the stage just because all the fangirls started queueing at 6am only to fall uncosncious later on at the concert.

I can see that happening one day....

Are we going to complain because Christian Louboutin was sitting in a second or first row seat which he probably never bought in the first place, while MFCers had to make do with sitting higher up ?

... that was not my point. Christian Louboutin's tickets are in Mika's hands... MFC allocated tickets are in theory in the hand of MFC.

Another thing aside from the discussion. When for example there will be a presale on Mikasounds, it would be a good thing if tickets can also be bought with more than just a creditcard, i.e Paypal as not everyone has access to a creditcard. Just a thought:naughty:

Yes we will mention this as hopefully new ticket vendors are researched. :naughty:

It is simple and I did not say execution by Mika. I recommended execution by Mods:wink2:

I was speaking to ID3.

And err...I misunderstood what lollipop_monkey was saying about the golden circle thing. She was meaning tiering of members during the presale and not the physical divisions at the venue.

But again since we are likely looking at GA admission in large venues for the next tour tiering is not going to be a consideration at this stage.

This acoustic tour was an interesting test because small venues and limited dates meant tickets were much scarcer than they would be under normal circumstances and yet we still saw all members get tickets during the presale without needing a tiering system.

So the only thing we'd need,and that would be fair, would be presales so that we have the opportunity to buy these ticks before anyone else. There are usually more than enough anyway so that wouldn't demand any tiering.

Yes this is what I meant - that this was strictly a hypothetical situation because there would be plenty available for any arena/stadium gig in the foreseeable future.

But again, this is a non debate because 99% of the people who are hardcore enough to queue early and fight for the front row at Mika gigs are MFCers. At the end of the day, it's only a competition between ourselves.

Yes. :aah:

Yeah.... I think the same. But unfortunately, a lot of people are not so "generous".

.... well yeah.....

But the thing is, English is an universal language and having English as the standard language here makes it possible for fans globally to access the MFC. The fact that language is a barrier is ofcourse an issue, but even those who are not fantastic at English, for example Allegra, manage to come on here and blend into the community. The thing is, when perks are given out, it will always be given out to the place where most fans are active and were most fans can be reached. This happens to be the MFC. It's impossible to also give perks to the Italian, French, Dutch, Polish etc. etc. fanclubs seperately. MFC is chosen because it's accessible for everyone and whether or not people try to face the language barrier is their own choice. English is not my mothertongue and when I came on here I was not very good either. But the thing about coming on here everyday and reading many posts, interacting with other fans, you learn from it. And it's not about MFC having 'superpowers' because we don't. The community is the same, there are just more advantages and those are accessible for everyone if they want to overcome things like language barriers.

Ingievv!!! :sneaky2:

months and months passed here simulating that i can speak english and now this comment :aah:

now everybody knows that i'm not fantastic :crybaby:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I really appreciate everyone's feedback so far, thanks! :wub2:

Now, I get that the queuing system is a giant pain in the ass, but with this thread I'm mainly looking at thoughts and feedback about queuing, specifically.

While I do appreciate suggestions about reserved-seat presales (tiered or otherwise) and other arrangements that don't involve lining up, the reality for now is that Mika mostly does GA venues, so even when we do get a presale either through Mikasounds or MFC, it's still going to involve queuing.

Does anyone have any positive queuing experiences - when seeing Mika, or other artists?

Now, I get that the queuing system is a giant pain in the ass, but with this thread I'm mainly looking at thoughts and feedback about queuing, specifically.

While I do appreciate suggestions about reserved-seat presales (tiered or otherwise) and other arrangements that don't involve lining up, the reality for now is that Mika mostly does GA venues, so even when we do get a presale either through Mikasounds or MFC, it's still going to involve queuing.

Does anyone have any positive queuing experiences - when seeing Mika, or other artists?

Well as I said before, queuing in Milan was very comfortable for me:wink2: And it was the first time:naughty: The numbers worked ok there. But it was a small venue... I'm sure it'd be really complicated with *normal* venues...

I think the thing with queueing ... certainly for me ... is if you're there for awhile is too get friendly with the stewards/doorstaff who are there during the day .... they generally in my view ... take note of the people who have been there all day - and as a general rule won't let latecomers join the front of the queue - I've seen people frogmarched to the back of the queue before now - when in Southend for a Blur gig ... who wouldn't budge from the front of the queue ... funny thing for them though ... is if they joined the queue end as it was when they arrived they wouldn't have had that many people in front of them .... because they stood around next to us for over 45 mins - when they got marched to the end of the queue there was about another 200 people in it by that point .... serves them right .... :biggrin2:

I have enjoyed catching up on this thread but there are too many posts to quote. However, I would like to make a comment about this one:

After the gig at Sadlers, I started to queue for the meet and greet. Later one, some members of the forum arrived, stayed at the front and started to talk to Mika's manager, trying to get a front spot. People around me didn't like it because they were queuing for a while.

I am not saying that this did not happen. However, the MAJORITY of the hardcore MFC members were very near to the back of the queue. We had stood around the other side of the building for quite some time and by the time we walked around the queue was enormous. All that were in the group that I was in took their places at the end of the line.

I am just posting this in the interest of fairness and balance.

I am not saying that this did not happen. However, the MAJORITY of the hardcore MFC members were very near to the back of the queue. We had stood around the other side of the building for quite some time and by the time we walked around the queue was enormous. All that were in the group that I was in took their places at the end of the line.

I am just posting this in the interest of fairness and balance.

Yes I noticed that too. There were hundreds of people there and I have absolutely no idea what each and every MFCer was doing in that crowd of hundreds of people. But everyone I can recall seeing was not at the front.

Mana and I had gone down the street to get a Wifi connection and the queue was at the end of the building by then. We stood with Sara and Aurelien about 3/4 of the way back and there were plenty of MFCers around us and DaisyLou was at the very end.

Of course there are always chancers and some of them are inevitably members of MFC, but MFC as a block was not taking over the queue and claiming some right to access Mika ahead of others.

Of course there are always chancers and some of them are inevitably members of MFC, but MFC as a block was not taking over the queue and claiming some right to access Mika ahead of others.

As was the case in Milan, MFC were right at the end.

It was for this reason that in Paris I ran like hell to get around the corner to be near the front.:wink2:

As was the case in Milan, MFC were right at the end.

It was for this reason that in Paris I ran like hell to get around the corner to be near the front.:wink2:

Yes same as in NYC because we were told that Mika would speak to us inside at first so other fans were queued up before we got there.

Didn't make a difference since he got to everyone anyway and it didn't take long.