First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

My brother keeps saying that WAG sounds like an 80's TV show theme song, and now ppl on Perez's site are saying it too. :naughty:

so is this gd or bad?? i hv no idea:blink:

I still think the "WE ARE GAAAWLDEN, WE ARE GAAAWLDEN" part is weird. :roftl:

i second that:roftl:

and wow!! he's on bbc r1's newsbeat!!!!:mf_lustslow:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think he's a bit repeating the songs' titles? Like, One Foot Boy/Toy Boy, then Good Gone Girl/Blame It On The Girls..? :blink:

If the tracklist's correct that is.

Well, he's said that this album is about adolescence, and we know what's on teenage kid's minds 90% of the time:naughty:

This looks like the track listing that Blue Eyes posted the other day, taken from Amazon or Play , so I guess that it's correct :thumb_yello:

Cool! The only one I hadn't heard before is One Foot boy

Actually, it's only a small piece of news ... Anniversaries like this have no connection at all with show biz news. I'd say he is lucky no other top artist is in the news with their troubled life or sudden death at the moment.:wink2:

Yeah, like Farrah Fawcett dying in the same day that Michael Jackson :wink2: But I liked the coincidence :biggrin2:

great pictures .... u dont have any of mika boarding a plane ..... i think mika might be in clydebank glasgow which is only a 15-20 min drive from me & i have no way of getting there :shocked:

Don't know if you can listen to it this way

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/123717/guiltfreemp3/July/Mika%20-%20We%20Are%20Golden%20%28Don%20Diablo%20Remix%29.mp3

It's a remix bij 'Don Diablo' he's a Dutch dj.

If the link doesn't work you can download the file here :wink2:

I kinda like it, even tho I didn't like 90% of the remixes that were done for Licm.

Oh well.

I wouldn't say I'm very disappointed, but underwhelmed does fit the bill.

When I first heard that tacky sprechgesang fragment I was hoping for the rest to pick me up but now I find that exact bit the most catchy part of the whole song.

I know that it's just me (as usual), I'm sure pretty much everyone else is amazed, but those months and months of building up expectations kinda backfired here with me. I really did expect something spectacular. A second Grace Kelly or something equally brilliant. But this just sounds to me as if it was originally written for the K36 girls. I'm sure it will go to #1 and stay there for a while but for me it just lacks about everything. Hope the album will contain one or another marvel.

I love Mika's hair in the new pictures! He looks really great!!

Do you remember the Doubletake Brothers, on Harry Enfields show, the way their hair stuck up at the side?

It looks like that:naughty:

Oh well.

When I first heard that tacky sprechgesang fragment I was hoping for the rest to pick me up but now I find that exact bit the most catchy part of the whole song.

I know that it's just me (as usual), I'm sure pretty much everyone else is amazed, but those months and months of building up expectations kinda backfired here with me. I really did expect something spectacular. A second Grace Kelly or something equally brilliant. But this just sounds to me as if it was originally written for the K36 girls. I'm sure it will go to #1 and stay there for a while but for me it just lacks about everything. Hope the album will contain one or another marvel.

maybe that's the reason why it's his 1st single- this song has the potential to be a HIT! and honestly he NEEDS to do this, aft a long long break (or disappearance for non-fans). and IMO, the Song for Sorrow EP can compensate that, and i'm sure the rest of the album will as well, since Good Gone Girl give me that "feeling":biggrin2:

Oh well.

Aww:huglove:

It's ok to be part of the few who feel like that. And I think it's good that someone isn't so easy... I LOVE the song but yeah, in another way I was waiting for a second Grace Kelly too and this one is really bad compared to GK. I was disappointed when I heard the snippet, because it sounded so cheesy, so overproduced and not well done, but this full version hit me and I really loved it:wub2: BUT what I don't like about it is that it's a bit too overproduced-you can't just focus on one element of the song.. Does that make sense? It's just that it's a lot a lot a lot of sounds and effects and it kinda hides the essence of the song for me...

In one of those reviews they put the tracklist. I wonder if it is the real one:blink:

Anyway here it is:

1) Intro

2) We Are Golden

3) Blame It On The Girls

4) Rain

5) Dr John

6) I See You

7) Blue Eyes

8) Good Gone Girl

9) Touches You

10) By The Time

11) One Foot Boy

12) Toy Boy

13) Pick Up Off The Floor

*squeal* I can't believe it's nearly here.... I will be one happy bunny when that record is in my hands.

Ah, and thankfully I love We Are Golden. I knew I just needed to hear the whole thing. Love it love it love it.