First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

I love We Are Golden. :wub2: I have to admit I stayed at home instead of visiting the library and listen to both radio shows. After the shows I was so amazed and empty. I love the song and I want to listen to it over and over and over and over again. :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the new pages lol. But I've found the interview and most importantly, the SONG!! I think I love it lol. It's weird. It's motivating. It's colourful. Yeah. It's Mika. Can't wait for the album!! :D

You mention Rain first, and I find that interesting. I was thinking now, that maybe Rain (the new version :naughty:) would have been a better first single.....

Yeah, I think so too. As it has been described as ''a sister of Relax'' I think it would do really well, especially in Europe, since Relax did extremely well too.

I don't know, I just think he could even have chosen BIOTG. Wouldn't that have been the first single anyway, until like, a month ago?:blink:

Thanks!

I think that I'm recording it, so if it all works out (:naughty:) I will post the mp3 up later :thumb_yello:

That's great news Sara!

That's the one :naughty:

They usually aren't that fast

So I've been told :mf_rosetinted: You have to be reasonable,Holland is 10 mins away from the UK to begin with

That doesn't have anything to do with it.:mf_rosetinted:

:huglove:

Well, you must have noticed that A LOT OF FANS are keeping quiet, even though they might have also sent their congrats tweet to him.

I personally take it as a purpose written song that has a different target audience ....and the purpose of the song is to reach that particular audience that has actually been underrepresented on MFC so far, yet are large in number. If he gets them buy this album he can rely on them to keep buying his records for the next 30 years.:wink2:The song is absolutely genius if you take this into condideration, and since basically everyone says it will be a massive hit, he is likely to have accomplished the mission.:biggrin2:

Now I could feel 'cheated' about him abondoning 'us' and on Friday when I heard the chorus I was not sure about the orgin of the song but as soon as I heard the melody of the first verse today I realised it must have been HIM cooking it up in his kitchen.... :roftl:...and this makes me laugh so much...

WAG will never have a place in my Top 10 Mika songs but I accept the fact he needed to release sonething extremely radio-friendly and non-Marmite, something that you just can't get out of your head. Plus, I do acknowledge his efforts to have all the Mika trademarks on this song as well.:wink2:

...and you know what? I think he was afraid of the reaction from the core fans and probably that's why he was not sure about the title though the record company must have been delighted and was pressing for this idea.(..but that's complete speculation from my side, of course.)

As for the album, there are only 4songs I have no clue of - though Dr John is likely to be something like BB -, so I don't have the least concern about the quality of the rest of the songs.

That feels weird from Mika... What's the whole point of GK then? Composing songs to enlarge his target? :blink: Anyway, if you're right,that'd be kind of a let down for me...

No no, Sorry, I just meant it was played on the radio :teehee:

Mika's Afro?!?! :lmfao: Did anyone else hear that?

And Sariflor got a mention!:aah:

:fro:

well the afro text had to be a scottish gal , its a pity they werent said directly to mika :sneaky2:

Yep...or HMDYLM:wub2:

Never really warmed to that. And it doesn't seem to have much in common with Viva la Vida (which I love) to me either.

I think WAG is great- so exhilarating. I thought it was bitty at first, but now I've heard it two or three times it feels together. I think that slight abruptness is going to keep it fresh for much longer than if it had initially seemed smoother.

But I'm not really seeing why so many people were telling the radio shows it's typical Mika though- it sounds quite different to me.

Don't see any reason to assume its not sincere- and I like the lyrics, they're distincly odd.

I do feel a bit sorry for him because he looks really tired, maybe he was so worried about the single coming out, etc...

He's been burning the candle at both ends and then he's got this whirlwind of interviews.....

My friend says he's on rock fm (97.4) at 9:30

WAG will never have a place in my Top 10 Mika songs but I accept the fact he needed to release sonething extremely radio-friendly and non-Marmite, something that you just can't get out of your head. Plus, I do acknowledge his efforts to have all the Mika trademarks on this song as well.:wink2:

Have you tried this track on non-Mika fans? I have and the marmite metaphor still holds.

Well, you must have noticed that A LOT OF FANS are keeping quiet, even though they might have also sent their congrats tweet to him.

I personally take it as a purpose written song that has a different target audience ....and the purpose of the song is to reach that particular audience that has actually been underrepresented on MFC so far, yet are large in number. If he gets them buy this album he can rely on them to keep buying his records for the next 30 years.:wink2:The song is absolutely genius if you take this into condideration, and since basically everyone says it will be a massive hit, he is likely to have accomplished the mission.:biggrin2:

Now I could feel 'cheated' about him abondoning 'us' and on Friday when I heard the chorus I was not sure about the orgin of the song but as soon as I heard the melody of the first verse today I realised it must have been HIM cooking it up in his kitchen.... :roftl:...and this makes me laugh so much...

...and you know what? I think he was afraid of the reaction from the core fans and probably that's why he was not sure about the title though the record company must have been delighted and was pressing for this idea.(..but that's complete speculation from my side, of course.)

As for the album, there are only 4songs I have no clue of - though Dr John is likely to be something like BB -, so I don't have the least concern about the quality of the rest of the songs.

I was waiting for you :wink2: and as I said earlier I think you really have a point with this reasoning!:thumb_yello:

Thanks!

I think that I'm recording it, so if it all works out (:naughty:) I will post the mp3 up later :thumb_yello:

I would be most grateful my technical wizard!:wub2:

Can’t get it to work, it’s loaded with commercials and it wants me to download so much crap and I’m not able to separate the good guys from the bad ones! :naughty:

Edited by sienna

No no, Sorry, I just meant it was played on the radio :teehee:

Mika's Afro?!?! :lmfao: Did anyone else hear that?

And Sariflor got a mention!:aah:

:fro:

Wut what? Mika's afro?:shocked:

What did they say about Sara?:biggrin2:

Ok, I knew that this would happen. It would seem that, after a couple more listens, I feel more 'positive' towards this song. God I'm so flaky and can never keep my mouth shut for long enough. Let's say that it sounds better now, but I still do stand by most of my previous points and think that it's not as good as some of his other new ones- And now I will shut it :aah:

Yeah some sucker's been taken in by the curling tongs :lmfao:

:roftl: They said something like they wanted to grab his afro...or something?!?

:shocked:

I hope someone is recording that interview!!!!!

I tried, but as I've never done anything like that before I messed it up and it didn't record.:boxed: I hope someone got it though.

Wut what? Mika's afro?:shocked:

What did they say about Sara?:biggrin2:

Yes, some one seemed fond of his afro and texted in to grab it or something:naughty:

Something like she's from London?! can't remember the message though:teehee:

Ok, I knew that this would happen. It would seem that, after a couple more listens, I feel more 'positive' towards this song. God I'm so flaky and can never keep my mouth shut for long enough. Let's say that it sounds better now, but I still do stand by most of my previous points and think that it's not as good as some of his other new ones- And now I will shut it :aah:

Seriously, WAG is a good pop song. It's catchy, the melody gets stuck in your head. Of course it ain't his best song ever, and yeah it sounds like 80s rock, but i'm surprised in a very positive way (for a change). In fact, I dare say it came as a relief after the EP, for me at least.:aah:

I like how people disagree on everything he does, isn't that refreshing? :wink2: