First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Yes, we are all very cool.... :cool:

And I am a particulary good example of a cool and caring MFCer, so here is the link to the 'choir' song as he mentioned on his blog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyvk_H3PP7E

so that's how we know what we know....although I don't know what others might possibly know:mf_rosetinted:

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. What an incredibly talented man. Can't wait to hear the rest of the record.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You decided to join rather then run away? Wow. :naughty:

Well welcome, and thanks for the little you were allowed to tell us. :pinkbow:

I'm from LA too :freak:

Hello fellow Angeleno. When I finally get the whole record, we'll have to have an LA listening party.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. What an incredibly talented man. Can't wait to hear the rest of the record.

It's great to see someone that is more involved with music daily and professionally and likes him this far to even join the fanclub :biggrin2: I thought most people from music labels were a bit squeptical...:aah:

Hi, there...

I was joking this afternoon, thought you'd drop the bomb and leave for good!:wink2:

I'm glad you stayed, we need new people!:thumb_yello:

And new info, as we're eagerly waiting for next friday!:naughty:

Yep, can't believe that after all that chanting he forgot the when you're young and you want some part...freaky:shocked:...woot!:biggrin2:

i know i know! i'll have him checked in the morning by our very own mfc doctor on duty! :thumb_yello:

Yep, can't believe that after all that chanting he forgot the when you're young and you want some part...freaky:shocked:...woot!:biggrin2:

Thats not why!

It was the fact that he, as admin, was prepared to bribe the newbie (sorry Fitz, I know you have a name :huglove:) to hear the song that was just prohibited from being shared roftl:

You're like my art releaver who thought m racey drawings of ladies who wern't wearing much were really cool and artistic, then saw I'd done it on the back of my NCEA paperwork and just laughed :roftl:

You're going to send Fred to the Mikassylum?

And have him exorcised by Holy Johnny and seen to by Dr John?

Notice there's two people with that name? Johnny and John?

i know holy johnny, but i havent' met Dr John yet..

soon though, in september!! :teehee:

freddie is fine.. he just needs a holiday! :naughty:

I heard it at a product meeting because I work for the label. All I can say is that it is worth the wait. It is the perfect follow up to his previous record.

How lucky for you! We're all jealous, I'm sure!

Sort of why I joined. I have always been a fan of Mika, but never noticed this board before. After I heard the song yesterday, I wanted my partner to hear it too. We were trying to find something online, and I came across this website. After reading all your comments, I decided to join you. The song got me really excited for this release.

Pretty funny, because that story is pretty much how I ended up here

2 1/2 years ago after I heard Grace Kelly! :naughty:

Do not underestimate the art of the triangle:mf_rosetinted:

Triangle? I always thought it was MORE COWBELL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xagO5maUmX4

MUST HEAR! :shocked: JULY 17th?!?! IN THE USA TOO?!?!?

We've been told "worldwide" on the 17th, Sammy, so yes, I think in the

USA too -- unless something's changed since last week :thumb_yello:

Are we going to be able to download/purchase it somewhere on the 20th or is it just going to be radio??

Does anyone know the best radio station to try for it in the US? I'm worried it might not be covered as thoroughly here and I'd hate to miss it!! :boxed:

Hello fellow Angeleno. When I finally get the whole record, we'll have to have an LA listening party.

That sounds like fun. And you can come to all the LA gigs when he comes back :pinkbow:

Sort of why I joined. I have always been a fan of Mika, but never noticed this board before. After I heard the song yesterday, I wanted my partner to hear it too. We were trying to find something online, and I came across this website. After reading all your comments, I decided to join you. The song got me really excited for this release.

No, I was not at the roxy. :crybaby:

Fantastic! If you throw "Mika" and pretty much any other keyword into Google, we're usually among the first hits. It's 'cause we talk. A lot. :naughty:

What sort of role do you play with UMG? I used to work an incredibly boring, corporate job in the oil and gas industry, and when I found myself bored with writing about bought deal financings and steam-assisted gravity drainage, I'd often daydream about working at a "cooler" job - and working for UMG was on that list. :blush-anim-cl:

You weren't at the Roxy, but have you seen Mika live at all? He was at the Wiltern, then at the Avalon before that. (I'm Canadian, sees, but LA/San Diego is my second home. I'm back down there on the 16th, in fact!)

Oh and a handy tip that newbies often miss... on the bottom right of each post is a little square button that has "MQ" in it. You can click that on as many posts as you'd like within a thread, and then they all come up in your "reply" box at once. :thumb_yello:

We are golden and we like the mooon

:lmfao:

Oh my god. FD, I can't stop laughing! I think that indeed may be the BEST POST EVER in the history of MFC!

Unless you're right and that really *is* a lyric from the song. Fitz, can you let us know if he's onto something there? :roftl:

-i've just got to say - Congrats to team mika on keeping this song under wraps!!

seriously, everything seems to spew out online before the release date and i'm like -uuhhhh- i have to resist listening to it and for me, that just kills the excitement.

when we all hear we are golden at the same time - its gonna be a great moment.

*passing thought*

we are golden is about the MFC. its mika's song to us. I mean; look at the colouring of this website :teehee:

-i've just got to say - Congrats to team mika on keeping this song under wraps!!

seriously, everything seems to spew out online before the release date and i'm like -uuhhhh- i have to resist listening to it and for me, that just kills the excitement.

*passing thought*

we are golden is about the MFC. its mika's song to us. I mean; look at the colouring of this website :teehee:

I agree! It's great that we'll all hear it together on his golden fan site!

Pretty funny, because that story is pretty much how I ended up here

2 1/2 years ago after I heard Grace Kelly! :naughty:

This is the first time it really hits me: WAG can be as big as Grace Kelly!

Maybe bigger….:teehee:

Oh I know…sometimes it takes me a while…:blush-anim-cl:

:huglove:

This is the first time it really hits me: WAG can be as big as Grace Kelly!

Maybe bigger….:teehee:

:

In my opinion Grace Kelly is incomparable. It's his debut single and is basically the proove of his genius. People were curious back then, it was a good song and people figured that out in time, so the guy could go on and release more and more to proove that he's not a shooting star. After he has made himself clear enough to the world, he started writing the second album to keep us happy and probably slap some others in the face, who would've said the first time round that he's worthless.

We are golden, will be that slap in the face showing people that a year in the shadow, only made him stronger and better, our boy grew up. He is now a mature singer/songwriter who can stand on his feet and shout out loud that "He is golden". This is his career going on right now, this is what he's been fighting for. WAG is only the wake up call after a looong time. For us he's been here all along. But for others, he's already part of the past, so WAG must ring a bell in some people's minds.

SO, my opinion is that WAG must be awesome, but not as awesome as GK!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

P.S. don't you find it just awesome, how we can't ever get enough of Grace Kelly?:biggrin2:

In my opinion Grace Kelly is incomparable. It's his debut single and is basically the proove of his genius. People were curious back then, it was a good song and people figured that out in time, so the guy could go on and release more and more to proove that he's not a shooting star. After he has made himself clear enough to the world, he started writing the second album to keep us happy and probably slap some others in the face, who would've said the first time round that he's worthless.

We are golden, will be that slap in the face showing people that a year in the shadow, only made him stronger and better, our boy grew up. He is now a mature singer/songwriter who can stand on his feet and shout out loud that "He is golden". This is his career going on right now, this is what he's been fighting for. WAG is only the wake up call after a looong time. For us he's been here all along. But for others, he's already part of the past, so WAG must ring a bell in some people's minds.

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

P.S. don't you find it just awesome, how we can't ever get enough of Grace Kelly?:biggrin2:

I foward through GK (almost) everytime I listen to LICM.

Just saying!

Isn't it an inspirational title though? WE ARE GOLDEN!

Not YOU are golden or I am golden, but WE!

I feel all warm (probably silly though) that, just thinking about it, I feel warm and because it's made me feel golden, I feel like I'm part of his "We" (shuttup!) and I get a little fangurly feeling sort of..

Does this make sense to anyone else or should I just go to bed now? :das:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Oh thanks Bianca, so beautifully written!:wub2:

*passing thought*

We are golden is about the MFC, except for Silver!:shocked::mf_rosetinted::biggrin2: