How about the video for "We are Golden"?

B!anka

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an imagination struck at the wrong moment, I should redirect it but...oh well, here we go. This is the way I imagine the video on the lyrics.

It;s morning. Mika comes out of the bathroom (camera shots some angles of the room where we can see his shadow, but not him) into his room and starts looking for something among the piles of rubbish on his desk. The camera focuses only his hands and we cannot see who he really is. He finds this cassette and puts it in the player and presses "play". The camera moves on his eyes and then on his smile/mouth starting singing:

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus

Running around like a clown on purpose

Who gives a damn about the family you come from? (turns around and there's this wide shot of him, putting him like a missing piece of a puzzle in the rest of the room)

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (starts dancing and the camera follows him from different angles put all together, forming a moment of illusions that give that certain motion)

Running around again

Running from running (wide shot of him dancing like crazy)

Waking up (takes a brush and sings in it and dances pretending to be on a stage. Close-up shot and then moving away, perhaps some shots of the rest of the room too.)In the midday sun

What’s to live for?

You could see what I’ve done

Staying out of motion

In the light of day

I was hiding

From the things that you’d say (He's doing this thematic dance that pictures the words of the song)

We are not what you think we are (Goes to the mirror and starts telling to his reflection)We are golden, we are golden.

We are not what you think we are (He starts jumping up and down and moving away from the mirror.)We are golden, we are golden.

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (Goes to the window and openes it. There's a profile shot of him and he keeps singing in the brush and makes these funny faces)Running around like a clown on purpose

Who gives a damn about the family you come from?

No giving up when you’re young and you want some

Running around again (he keeps raising up his arms and jumping and there are some short close-ups on his dramatic looking face)

Running from running

Running around again

Running from running (goes back to the mirror)

I was a boy (starts talking to his reflection)At an open door

Why you staring

Do you still think that you know?

Looking for treasure

In the things that you threw

Like a magpie (a ray of light shimmers in the mirror and the camera moves bhind the mirror to shot a close-up of his face from there) I live for glitter, not you

We are not what you think we are

We are golden, we are golden. (the close-up from behind the mirror)

We are golden, we are golden.

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (goes away from the mirror and takes the chair from under the desk out and stands on it and dances there. Shots from all around.)Running around like a clown on purpose

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (jumps off the chair and sits himself down on it)

Now I’m sitting alone (camera moving towards him [dolly track]. he sits down and sings dramatically)I’m finally looking around (???) (looks on the floor with a lost look in his eyes)

Left here on my own

I’m gonna hurt myself (does that concerned face of his)Maybe losing my mind (puts his hands in his hair and acts really dramatic about this )I’m still wondering why

Had to let the world let it bleed me dry (the camera fades out in him and when it fades back in, shows his reflection in the mirror whispering this: )

We are not what you think we are (but that's not what he really is doing and there is another shot of the real him who's now standing up and moving towards the mirror) We are not what you think we are

We are not what you think we are (his reflection raises his eyebrow as a sign of evilness and then he breaks the mirror)We are golden, we are golden

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (he starts smiling and dancing again)Running around like a clown on purpose

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (goes back on the chair and the camera catches him in an epic pose)

Running around again (starts dancing as he does and the shots are in slow-motion and everything is so dramatic with close-ups on his face, on the broken mirror)Running from running

Running around again

Running from running

(I really don't know how it could end! :lmfao: )

I have an imagination struck at the wrong moment, I should redirect it but...oh well, here we go. This is the way I imagine the video on the lyrics.

It;s morning. Mika comes out of the bathroom (camera shots some angles of the room where we can see his shadow, but not him) into his room and starts looking for something among the piles of rubbish on his desk. The camera focuses only his hands and we cannot see who he really is. He finds this cassette and puts it in the player and presses "play". The camera moves on his eyes and then on his smile/mouth starting singing:

Who gives a damn about the family you come from? (turns around and there's this wide shot of him, putting him like a missing piece of a puzzle in the rest of the room)

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (starts dancing and the camera follows him from different angles put all together, forming a moment of illusions that give that certain motion)

Running around again

Waking up (takes a brush and sings in it and dances pretending to be on a stage. Close-up shot and then moving away, perhaps some shots of the rest of the room too.)In the midday sun

What’s to live for?

Staying out of motion

In the light of day

I was hiding

From the things that you’d say (He's doing this thematic dance that pictures the words of the song)

We are not what you think we are (Goes to the mirror and starts telling to his reflection)We are golden, we are golden.

We are not what you think we are (He starts jumping up and down and moving away from the mirror.)We are golden, we are golden.

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (Goes to the window and openes it. There's a profile shot of him and he keeps singing in the brush and makes these funny faces)Running around like a clown on purpose

Running around again (he keeps raising up his arms and jumping and there are some short close-ups on his dramatic looking face)

Running from running

Running around again

Why you staring

Looking for treasure

Like a magpie (a ray of light shimmers in the mirror and the camera moves bhind the mirror to shot a close-up of his face from there) I live for glitter, not you

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (goes away from the mirror and takes the chair from under the desk out and stands on it and dances there. Shots from all around.)Running around like a clown on purpose

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (jumps off the chair and sits himself down on it)

Now I’m sitting alone (camera moving towards him [dolly track]. he sits down and sings dramatically)I’m finally looking around (???) (looks on the floor with a lost look in his eyes)

Left here on my own

I’m gonna hurt myself (does that concerned face of his)Maybe losing my mind (puts his hands in his hair and acts really dramatic about this )I’m still wondering why

Had to let the world let it bleed me dry (the camera fades out in him and when it fades back in, shows his reflection in the mirror whispering this: )

We are not what you think we are (but that's not what he really is doing and there is another shot of the real him who's now standing up and moving towards the mirror) We are not what you think we are

We are not what you think we are (his reflection raises his eyebrow as a sign of evilness and then he breaks the mirror)We are golden, we are golden

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (he starts smiling and dancing again)Running around like a clown on purpose

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (goes back on the chair and the camera catches him in an epic pose)

Running around again (starts dancing as he does and the shots are in slow-motion and everything is so dramatic with close-ups on his face, on the broken mirror)Running from running

Running around again

Running from running

You have a Wonderful, creaive & vivid imagination!

i like your vision!

Bravo!

You have a Wonderful & very creative imagination!

Bravo! I like it!!

You have a Wonderful, creaive & vivid imagination!

i like your vision!

Bravo!

You have a Wonderful & very creative imagination!

Bravo! I like it!!

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

I like your dream in the siggie! Baz Luhrmann is a great director! :wink2::biggrin2:

Running around again

What’s to live for?

Staying out of motion

In the light of day

I was hiding

Running from running

Running around again

Why you staring

Looking for treasure

Left here on my own

Running around again

Running from running

Brilliant Bianka!!:thumb_yello: Can't wait to the video now and see if any of your visions come true.

I have an image of him dancing really frantically around the room with a hairbrush in his hand and his pants on, I can't get the image of his shoes in there though, they just don't seem to go with the whole effect. :naughty:

The only thing that kind of worries me, that's probably not the right word :naughty: but how can he just dance in his pants for the whole of the song? There has to be more in there, not that I'm complaining of course I could quite happily just watch Mika in his pants for the length of the song :teehee::naughty:

Running around again

What’s to live for?

Staying out of motion

In the light of day

I was hiding

Running from running

Running around again

Why you staring

Looking for treasure

Left here on my own

Running around again

Running from running

Woow Bianka is Fantastic really :shocked::clap: :clap: :wink2:

Brilliant Bianka!!:Can't wait to the video now and see if any of your visions come true.

I have an image of him dancing really frantically around the room with a hairbrush in his hand and his pants on, I can't get the image of his shoes in there though, they just don't seem to go with the whole effect. :naughty:

The only thing that kind of worries me, that's probably not the right word :naughty:but how can he just dance in his pants for the whole of the song? There has to be more in there, not that I'm complaining of course I could quite happily just watch Mika in his pants for the length of the song

EXACTLY! There are parts that worth a different image...:boxed: like the choir...to see him dancing in his pants to the choir. There should be some more epic images but I have no idea of what could ever go with it, to fit well.:naughty:

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

Woow Bianka is Fantastic really :shocked::clap: :clap: :wink2:

Glad you liked it! :biggrin2::teehee: Means a lot to me, really! :blush-anim-cl:

SO, I'll highlight my right guesses! and explain below!

Running around again

What’s to live for?

Staying out of motion

In the light of day

I was hiding

Running from running

Running around again

Why you staring

Looking for treasure

Left here on my own

Running around again

Running from running

Bathroom - his hair looks wet :bleh:

cassette - was predictable :naughty:

starts dancing and the camera follows him from different angles put all together, forming a moment of illusions that give that certain motion - that's pretty much the whole video, isn't it?

wide shot of him dancing like crazy - LOVELY guess! :wub2:

he keeps raising up his arms and jumping and there are some short close-ups on his dramatic looking face - Indeed a DRAMA QUEEN

the chair- well...there's a chair at the desk :das:

he sits down and sings dramatically; he does that dramatic face of his - :pbjt: YEAAAAH!!!

and THE MIRROR!!!!! THE MIRROR IS THERE!

There is also another thing that I noticed: that yellow tube he's shouting through reminds me of "Coraline"

:biggrin:

Bianca

xx

Bathroom - his hair looks wet :bleh:

cassette - was predictable :naughty:

starts dancing and the camera follows him from different angles put all together, forming a moment of illusions that give that certain motion - that's pretty much the whole video, isn't it?

wide shot of him dancing like crazy - LOVELY guess! :wub2:

he keeps raising up his arms and jumping and there are some short close-ups on his dramatic looking face - Indeed a DRAMA QUEEN

the chair- well...there's a chair at the desk :das:

he sits down and sings dramatically; he does that dramatic face of his - :pbjt: YEAAAAH!!!

and THE MIRROR!!!!! THE MIRROR IS THERE!

There is also another thing that I noticed: that yellow tube he's shouting through reminds me of "Coraline"

:biggrin:

Bianca

xx

OMG Bianca!! How right were you on so much of that video!!!?!??! :thumb_yello:

Well done you!! Where you actually there when they filmed it???!! :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Haven't seen Coraline, but it kind of reminded me of Being John Malkovich. Or The Shawshank Redemption :naughty:

OMG Bianca!! How right were you on so much of that video!!!?!??! :thumb_yello:

Well done you!! Where you actually there when they filmed it???!! :naughty:

I WISH! :aah: Though it might have been the last thing to do in this life!!! :lmfao: Damn...it's too good to be true!

And besides the idea of dancing in your boxers in A room, doesn't give you too many options to play with, but the dancing moves (Mika is super creative at this thing) and the set overcrowding with stuff...which I also bet it was Mika's idea. I don't know really...it's a sweet coincidence! :biggrin2: I love it...I SOOO WANNA BE A DIRECTOR!!! (just to witness the madness of this man in action!...Mika, of course! ) :wub2:

Haven't seen Coraline, but it kind of reminded me of Being John Malkovich. Or The Shawshank Redemption :

YOUR SIGG!!!:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

OR...the recently trailer of "Alice in Wonderland"

:mf_lustslow:

fantasticcc!!!!!!

B!anka!

exactly your prediction :punk:

:bow: yaheeeewwww!!!!

Is anyone still looking for the video link?

http://www.mika-sounds.de/videos/videopopup/video/214956/0/we-are-golden/

In any case,the video is great finally as...eh...colorful? (let's call it colorful) as it should be :mf_rosetinted:

I must say,I had no clue what was coming and guy in shorts jumping around was not on my expectancy list,but all is good

Good director,whoever did it

Is anyone still looking for the video link?

http://www.mika-sounds.de/videos/videopopup/video/214956/0/we-are-golden/

In any case,the video is great finally as...eh...colorful? (let's call it colorful) as it should be :mf_rosetinted:

I must say,I had no clue what was coming and guy in shorts jumping around was not on my expectancy list,but all is good

Good director,whoever did it

It says get adobe flash player. But I have adobe flash player 10. :tears: