New Single on MIKA's MySpace? MIKA Previews New Single; New CD Due in September

dcdeb

At first I wasn't going to post this as a separate thread, but I decided

folks might want to see it for the first paragraph alone:

For 24 hours only, starting Tuesday, July 21 at 9:00am EST, fans of British pop superstar and fashion plate MIKA can preview his new single, “We Are Golden” on his official MySpace Music site. Look for the Jonas Akerlund-directed video very soon, as it’s said to still be in production.

In other MIKA news, his highly anticipated sophomore album, We Are Golden, which is said to straddle “a line between childish naïvete and world-worn sophistication,” is due for release on September 22 via Casablanca/Universal Republic Records. Recorded in Los Angeles, MIKA teamed up with electro goddess Imogen Heap and Final Fantasy’s Owen Pallett among other rising talents for Golden. Other key tracks are said to be “Blame it on the Girls” and “Toy Boy.”

We Are Golden is the follow up to 2007’s award-winning Life in Cartoon Motion, which went on to sell five million copies worldwide on the strength of blockbuster single “Grace Kelly.”

–Carrie Alison

http://www.sentimentalistmag.com/2009/07/20/mika-previews-new-single-new-cd-due-in-september/

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks deb! Today is an infusion of WAG from everywhere - hope it tide's me over until September. Oh yes, I agree with Nono that the video will be a nice distraction in between. :teehee:

Thanks deb! Today is an infusion of WAG from everywhere - hope it tide's me over until September. Oh yes, I agree with Nono that the video will be a nice distraction in between. :teehee:

:das:

They'll be showing it on Logo Channel (gay channel) all the time, I bet :pinkbow:

Today really has been a glorious Mikatastic day. Just...full of Mika. This is definitely a new Mika Era and I think it's gonna be a bloody good one!

Thanks for letting us know Deb!:thumb_yello:

Just a little question though, where can we find it? A link?:wink2:

I know this sounds silly :naughty: I really ought to know my way around by now…but how many different pages does that man have?:mf_rosetinted:

Sincerly

A confused fan.:blush-anim-cl:

maybe it will be used for a fruit of the loom commercial :teehee:

Well assuming they put it up right at 12.00am UK time :naughty:

Only tomorrow will be, and then will disappear? I will not have my computer tomorrow

I go on for work in 4 hours

It will be in 15 minutes or in next midnight?

T4P Deb:thumb_yello:

At first I just caught the title, and dashed to Myspace to check it out, saw it wasn't there, came back and realised I was a little quick off the mark!:naughty:

I'm quite curious for this as this morning when he was at Jo Whiley's he said that the radio version is a bit different than the album one, maybe it's a bit longer or has an intro.:dunno:

yeah I noticed that too, it made me wonder. I hope they have mixed it a bit differently, with his voice further forward so we can hear him :sneaky2:

:roftl: Sorry, I am even boring MYSELF today, I've said that so many times today! I must try and get over it :teehee:.

T4P! I wish it could be on there longer.

I'm quite curious for this as this morning when he was at Jo Whiley's he said that the radio version is a bit different than the album one, maybe it's a bit longer or has an intro.:dunno:

I hope it has an intro. The first time I heard it I thought they were playing it from the middle or something.

yeah I noticed that too, it made me wonder. I hope they have mixed it a bit differently, with his voice further forward so we can hear him :sneaky2:

:roftl: Sorry, I am even boring MYSELF today, I've said that so many times today! I must try and get over it :teehee:.

Don't worry, I keep thinking the same :naughty: