The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

Yeah Black Eyed Peas are pretty massive. I often see "I've Got A Feeling" and "Meet Me Halfway" on the music channels.

I resisted the monster world of Lady GaGa for ages, but in the end "she ate my heart and then she ate my brain" and now I'm another monster in her monster collection. I have her album and I'm addicted :aah:

I do also see Robbie's video on the music channels...I don't know the name, but he's dressed up as a rabbit in it. "Siiiince yoooou weeent awaaay my heart breaks..."

I think its called that ... yup

Ga Gas album is awesome .. bad romance is just great on that album

I still think the timing of the album release and the Uk tour were a little odd. I honestly expected them to be closer together. Maybe the tour will kick start sales again. I still can't believe what happened with Rain and I do wonder if it will be re released at some point and do a 'Relax'. It would be nice if it did. Ken Bruce played Blame it on the girls on Radio Two this morning BTW :thumb_yello:

I agree . it just seems all over the place to me .. this is why I said .. surely he should have been touring over here by now? .. or would of made no different ... this is what made me curious

The whole massive album .. long ish wait , project EP , acoustic tour then SO close a new album release seemed icky

@Freddie I don't mind Mika's "follies" like Gertrude - should that story be true...:naughty:

I only mind energy lost on something that does not bring clear benefits... And here I am talking about media coverage. I think he did get some good press coverage during the tour but he only had an EP out that was not available in the stores and by the time the album came out it all was already forgotten.

Yes I dont either .. I loved that whole thing it was different and suited tha fans perfect

The EP just seemed to be his "project" maybe it wasnt right between albums to do that OR I think even more so ... it should of been released a LOT sooner , fans were going Mika who? .. that would of been the perfect filler

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its called that ... yup

Ga Gas album is awesome .. bad romance is just great on that album

I agree . it just seems all over the place to me .. this is why I said .. surely he should have been touring over here by now? .. or would of made no different ... this is what made me curious

The whole massive album .. long ish wait , project EP , acoustic tour then SO close a new album release seemed icky

Yes I dont either .. I loved that whole thing it was different and suited tha fans perfect

The EP just seemed to be his "project" maybe it wasnt right between albums to do that OR I think even more so ... it should of been released a LOT sooner , fans were going Mika who? .. that would of been the perfect filler

Yeah. The Ep and Acoustic tour would have been better coming out in 08 when we were all desperate.....and it was supposed to be a filler. Seems madness for it to come out just before the album......and have two of the same songs on :shocked:

Yeah. The Ep and Acoustic tour would have been better coming out in 08 when we were all desperate.....and it was supposed to be a filler. Seems madness for it to come out just before the album......and have two of the same songs on :shocked:

Agree

There was an article hinting to some "EP" in 08 , seemed to me it all came together at once ......

It did seem madness , such a big beautiful project and sadly .. 10,000 of them havent even sold :boxed:

Agree

There was an article hinting to some "EP" in 08 , seemed to me it all came together at once ......

It did seem madness , such a big beautiful project and sadly .. 10,000 of them havent even sold :boxed:

HMMMMM. Seems as though lessons need to be learned about timing. One does have to wonder about the people who are advising Mika really :shocked:

Yeah Black Eyed Peas are pretty massive. I often see "I've Got A Feeling" and "Meet Me Halfway" on the music channels.

I only know the first song you mentioned. It is all over the place here as well. In all honesty, does anyone see why it is a hit..:blink: I personally get headaches from in after 10 secs..

I resisted the monster world of Lady GaGa for ages, but in the end "she ate my heart and then she ate my brain" and now I'm another monster in her monster collection. I have her album and I'm addicted :aah:

:naughty: I knew she'd be big because of those catchy songs and her voice but didn't know how big until I saw her techniques in claiming fame..

I do also see Robbie's video on the music channels...I don't know the name, but he's dressed up as a rabbit in it. "Siiiince yoooou weeent awaaay my heart breaks..."

Robbie's music is stuck in the 90s /early 00s. He took absolutely no risk at all, following the failure of Rudebox.

Lady Gaga is just an oddball - it's not just music with her but it's her personality so people are buying into her image and then music later. She has been getting a lot of promotion, as she should she is a new artist so she has to appear everywhere to remain relevant.

Mika was the same with LICM, he had more urgency and push when he came out. I'm thinking this time round, Mika is going through the second album syndrome for people outside the core Mika fans...

Lady Gaga is just an oddball - it's not just music with her but it's her personality so people are buying into her image and then music later. She has been getting a lot of promotion, as she should she is a new artist so she has to appear everywhere to remain relevant.

Mika was the same with LICM, he had more urgency and push when he came out. I'm thinking this time round, Mika is going through the second album syndrome for people outside the core Mika fans...

I agree with the term .. (nice term btw) "second album syndrome"

My feeling (Maybe I picked it up somewhere mwahahaha) is that Mika will release an ep next year again, better timing. As for Rain, promotion was only so-so, I mean, yesterday on the Dutch tv show, he played Rain but it's already out of the charts here:blink:

I only know the first song you mentioned. It is all over the place here as well. In all honesty, does anyone see why it is a hit..:blink: I personally get headaches from in after 10 secs..

The thing with BEP's songs is that I never like them at first but then I grow to like them. It's been the same with every song they've released. With "I Got A Feeling" I at first found it too repetetive and boring.

However, have you heard it at a party? It's bloody massive, in fact I'd say it's almost as big as WAG live, everyone singing along and jumping up and down. Everyone unites in that song.

With "I Got A Feeling" I at first found it too repetetive and boring.

However, have you heard it at a party? It's bloody massive, in fact I'd say it's almost as big as WAG live, everyone singing along and jumping up and down. Everyone unites in that song.

I see...I only ever liked 2 songs from the BEPs: their first one (Where is the Love) and the one that contained the Mas Que Nada sample... but surely a repetitive chorus usually works - it's like the Umr-ella -ella-ella-ella.. bla bla..

And you are right with the party feeling as well - I wasn't aware it would work at a party, but perhaps the "tonight's gonna be a good night" line must help it there. :dunno:

I have always considered writing No1 songs a relatively easy task - I really should try to do it one day and sell these ideas to producers in LA..:naughty:

wow, have you seen this review of tbwktm?! http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2009/dec/28/boy-who-knew-too-much/ :shocked: they say that he's better than andrew lloyd webber! :shocked::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Well, I really don't think that this is one of the highest compliments Mika will ever get and it seems the reviewer doesn't think so, either..:teehee:

When it comes to musicals, I think the masters to follow are more like Rodgers and Hammerstein or Kander and Ebb..

However, we will soon be able to compare if it is Sir Andrew's or Mika's song that sounds better when performed by Boyzone...:biggrin2:

We need to demand a stewards enquiry.

It is a GOOD album.:shocked:

When you compare it to the other stuff in the charts, it is far better than most. I truly am baffled by what is happening :blink: