The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

I hope you don't think I am being rude suzie - but that is what we are trying to discover.

If you read the last seven posts here - the actual numbers available to me indicate TBWKTM has sold 715,500.

But there are higher numbers being thrown around "out there."

that's what I meant, too.:wink2:

I only pointed out that I understand Mika might have meant 6million for LICM and 2 million for TBWKTM but there is no evidence the latter did sell that much or even half of it. Grace Kelly, on the other hand, must have sold around 1.5 million it itself, so if you add up the singles as well, you definitely get the 8 million figure.

Higher numbers have been thrown around for a long time - even in the autumn we read about 1 million copies 'shipped' but it does not mean they were bought as 'in stock' does not mean sales.

I really hope that sales will start to pick up in the UK with all these promo appearances as well as the tour. However, in my opinion, it is receiving a Brit Award that would really help him in the UK ...I noticed that people start buying up the records of the awarded artists like mad after the Brits.

Unfortunately we can't help him get one but it would be really really amazing and would possibly even be a watershed in his career. Most people simply 'followers' so if they get confirmation that someone is credible they will accept that he / she is.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here the latest updates from Billboard.

TBWKTM is on the following charts:

#7 on the France Albums Charts

#36 on the European Albums Chart

Rain is on the following charts:

#9 on the France Songs Chart

#20 on the European Top 100 Chart

WorldWide Albums hasn't posted their weekly updates yet.

I will check again later today.

Kudos Mika!!

Here the latest updates from Billboard.

TBWKTM is on the following charts:

#7 on the France Albums Charts

#36 on the European Albums Chart

Rain is on the following charts:

#9 on the France Songs Chart

#20 on the European Top 100 Chart

WorldWide Albums hasn't posted their weekly updates yet.

I will check again later today.

Kudos Mika!!

thanks for the update Kodes:thumb_yello:

that's what I meant, too.:wink2:

I only pointed out that I understand Mika might have meant 6million for LICM and 2 million for TBWKTM but there is no evidence the latter did sell that much or even half of it. Grace Kelly, on the other hand, must have sold around 1.5 million it itself, so if you add up the singles as well, you definitely get the 8 million figure.

Higher numbers have been thrown around for a long time - even in the autumn we read about 1 million copies 'shipped' but it does not mean they were bought as 'in stock' does not mean sales.

I really hope that sales will start to pick up in the UK with all these promo appearances as well as the tour. However, in my opinion, it is receiving a Brit Award that would really help him in the UK ...I noticed that people start buying up the records of the awarded artists like mad after the Brits.

Unfortunately we can't help him get one but it would be really really amazing and would possibly even be a watershed in his career. Most people simply 'followers' so if they get confirmation that someone is credible they will accept that he / she is.

I would love him to win the Brit. God knows he deserves it after he was robbed of it in 2008 (respect to Mark Ronson, but he's not a singer or a songwriter and imo he shouldn't have won over someone like Mika) but this time I'd be very surprised if Mika wins. I think it will be either Calvin or Paulo.

Still, since Mika is nominated it should help him. I hope so anyway.

I would love him to win the Brit. God knows he deserves it after he was robbed of it in 2008 (respect to Mark Ronson, but he's not a singer or a songwriter and imo he shouldn't have won over someone like Mika) but this time I'd be very surprised if Mika wins. I think it will be either Calvin or Paulo.

I feel exactly the same way Marylin. Robbie has beated him for NRJ Award in France and I was completely shocked.:shocked: Mika is quite aware of the situation in UK having known who his oponents were.

Edited by Shine
typing

Why are figures so important? :dunno:

The sales concerning CDs are not the only thing to consider. Legal and illegal downloads also count. Isn't it all about people getting to know his music?

The Accountant in me sees Mika spending lots of money - I really want him to get enough back to cover it :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

http://www.Worldwidealbums.net is finished!! No more dates from there. So we have to find another place where we can get our news from.

I read that yesterday too.

I am disappointed as I can't find a source to replace it.

Why are figures so important? :dunno:

The sales concerning CDs are not the only thing to consider. Legal and illegal downloads also count. Isn't it all about people getting to know his music?

They aren't really.

It is just another barometer to measure how well Mika is doing.

The attendance at his shows, radio play, television appearances, etc. etc. they are all just different tools.

The one that really interests me is the "statistics & data" section on the youtube vids.

It is fascinating to see where most of the viewers are in the world.

I am sure Mika's management team use those details in their business decisions.

It is all very interesting.

The one that really interests me is the "statistics & data" section on the youtube vids.

It is fascinating to see where most of the viewers are in the world.

I am sure Mika's management team use those details in their business decisions.

It is all very interesting.

Yep! They also read comments around the web. Even the government does that, in order to know the public opinion. At least in Italy. They're normally very harsh here. :naughty::fisch:

I sort of feel that way here in Canada this time around.

When Life In Cartoon Motion was released Canada went nuts for Mika.:thumb_yello:

Other than Quebec the rest of Canada has pretty much ignored The Boy Who Knew Too Much - so far - I keep hoping.

http://www.Worldwidealbums.net is finished!! No more dates from there. So we have to find another place where we can get our news from.

Hm...he said something about Media traffic chart :dunno:

I think it is interesting to see the worldwide sales. Maybe it's not essential, but it was always quite nice to have the total, even if we weren't sure if it was correct lately :dunno:

The statistics on YouTube that Kodes mentioned are actually a good way of getting worldwide comparison too :thumb_yello: Yes, it's not in sales, but as YouTube is the biggest video platform, most people watch videos there, and they usually watch the stuff they like :naughty:

I sort of feel that way here in Canada this time around.

When Life In Cartoon Motion was released Canada went nuts for Mika.:thumb_yello:

Other than Quebec the rest of Canada has pretty much ignored The Boy Who Knew Too Much - so far - I keep hoping.

Why can't they understand how great he is?:blink:

I keep thinking that some great minds didn't got so much of a recognition until after a long time, some of them even posthumous!

However, in my opinion, it is receiving a Brit Award that would really help him in the UK ...I noticed that people start buying up the records of the awarded artists like mad after the Brits.

I agree with what you say. However he really isn't going to win that Brit this year. If he wins, I will run naked down Gloucester Road. That's how confident I am he will not win.

Even so, the nomination is good. It keeps his name in the public consciousness even if his achievements have passed many by this year. Because no doubt at all there will be a lot of people in this country who will see the nomination and say "Mika? What did HE do in 2009?" Bizarre but true.

Yes, he was totally robbed in 2008. He really truly deserved that Brit and was the obvious candidate. I was very miffed they gave it to Ronson.

I agree with what you say. However he really isn't going to win that Brit this year. If he wins, I will run naked down Gloucester Road. That's how confident I am he will not win.

Even so, the nomination is good. It keeps his name in the public consciousness even if his achievements have passed many by this year. Because no doubt at all there will be a lot of people in this country who will see the nomination and say "Mika? What did HE do in 2009?" Bizarre but true.

HMV have a display of CDs by Brit nominated artists in their stores. Except for Mika.:sneaky2:

I agree with what you say. However he really isn't going to win that Brit this year.

:sad: I know...

I actually think it will be Dizzy Rascal winning it this year. or perhaps Robbie to honour him for coming back from hell. I think the industry loves 'dramas'.

Even so, the nomination is good. It keeps his name in the public consciousness even if his achievements have passed many by this year. Because no doubt at all there will be a lot of people in this country who will see the nomination and say "Mika? What did HE do in 2009?" Bizarre but true.:

So true... Again, I think it is mainly because of two wrong decisions, the first one being the single choice, the second one the promo focus and timing. They must have thought that sales will generate 'automatically' in the UK without any extra effort.

Yes, he was totally robbed in 2008. He really truly deserved that Brit and was the obvious candidate. I was very miffed they gave it to Ronson.

snobs. :cool: I guess it was a way of giving another one to the Amy Winehouse 'project'.

HMV have a display of CDs by Brit nominated artists in their stores. Except for Mika.:sneaky2:

I rest my case.

It's a conspiracy :sneaky2:.

I think it is actually the direct consequence of the album not performing as expected in the UK when it was released. A couple of months after its release TBWKTM was already on sale in the UK for some ridiculous amount of money :shocked: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. It was a clear sign that the record was not selling well. Stores must have got rid of their stocks by now but there is no way they would risk piling up high the same CD again.

I am not sure what percentage of albums are sold in physical format now and I understand you can buy it online but I think you still need to have your CDs on display in record stores if you want to keep a high profile on the music scene.

I have really high hopes for the new tour.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

This Story Book Set is going to blow the fans & new to be fans away.

The tour, reviews & coverage of the tour could really help the sales of TBWKTM & achieve even more recognition for Mika.

I can't wait for the first show in Dublin & the first youtube vids.

I have really high hopes for the new tour.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

This Story Book Set is going to blow the fans & new to be fans away.

The tour, reviews & coverage of the tour could really help the sales of TBWKTM & achieve even more recognition for Mika.

I can't wait for the first show in Dublin & the first youtube vids.

Yes, agree about the tour and longing for Dublin

Story book set? Did he mention that in an interview?