Flying Underwear at the iTunes gig on 31-07-09

sariflor

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also not going, but during WAG it'd be the perfect moment, if I am allowed to say so. :thumb_yello:

he told in milano he'd be playing it and could use the mfc'ers as chorus, so maybe the whole underwear rain would distract from the chorus thing.. :blink:

perhaos at the end of the song..? like the confetti used to fall almost at the end of lollipop..? :teehee:

I am in, of course:naughty:

I actually have a pair of tartan ones that I once bought to throw at Martin...but nver did. Trouble is, I think I got rid of them recentl:shocked:

I am travelling light...no luggage .....but I will find room for a pair of boxers:naughty:

I'm totally in!!! Such a good and funny idea mwa ha ha!!!!

I'll try to find something silver, like a hat or sth? Dunno. Will have to find something :)

Haha!!!! :roftl:

Edited by Emerald

I am in, of course:naughty:

I actually have a pair of tartan ones that I once bought to throw at Martin...but nver did. Trouble is, I think I got rid of them recentl:shocked:

I am travelling light...no luggage .....but I will find room for a pair of boxers:naughty:

Traveling light, too. I don't have time to buy shorts tomorrow (my plane is leaving at 14 and very busy before that) but I hope I can find ones in London :naughty:

I can't believe you're seriously thinking of doing this. You might think it is a huge joke, but Mika may not see it that way.

He's going to be on national TV for the first time in ages - it could be emabarrassing for him to have the stage festooned with male underwear.

Don't forget most of the audience won't have seen the video and won't get the joke either. They may interpret it differently.

I can't believe you're seriously thinking of doing this. You might think it is a huge joke, but Mika may not see it that way.

He's going to be on national TV for the first time in ages - it could be emabarrassing for him to have the stage festooned with male underwear.

Don't forget most of the audience won't have seen the video and won't get the joke either. They may interpret it differently.

Yes, I do agree and in my opinion it would be better done OFF air. I do think that he would think it was funny if it was off air but not on. Remember when he got annoyed when Carri shouted the chicken ref when it was being recorded?

You don't get second chances with live TV.

I love the idea but I think we need to be sensible.

I think if he has no trouble dancing in his underwear for millions of people all over the world he won't mind a few boxers thrown at him.National TV is nothing compared to YouTube:biggrin2:

I think if he has no trouble dancing in his underwear for millions of people all over the world he won't mind a few boxers thrown at him.National TV is nothing compared to YouTube:biggrin2:

There's a big difference between what you choose to do yourself and what is done to you.

I think I have to agree with Silver and Kath.

As much as I think it's a funny idea, it just makes me think of Tom Jones et al, having women's knickers thrown at him when he performed. I dunno, kind of cheesy.

I guess the difference here is that none of you will be removing your underwear mid-gig to throw:teehee:

But if you do decide to go ahead with it, please do it during an off air time. Whether it would embarrass Mika on national telly I can't guess, but if you do it off air it keeps the joke private and more of just an MFC thing then. I do think Mika would laugh at that.

Would WE care about that? :teehee:

Yeah, we don't care:naughty:

I will just buy whatever I find, as am not sure when I will be able to go get them...

when have we ever cared lol :P

tsk I'd love to take part but I can't go to the gig *sobs* :crybaby:

ah well I just hope you do it when it's on tv & I'll see it then or that someone will film it (please do 'cause this I HAVE to see)

tsk:biggrin2::naughty: everyone throwing boxers at Mika will be hilarious, just make sure you're careful so he doesn't trip over them:thumb_yello:

Edited by DarkLight

What do "off" and "on air" mean?

"off air" = not being broadcast live on telly

"on air" = being broadcast live on telly

So if the opening three songs are broadcast, then Mika will be "on air" Then when the live part has finished, the rest of the concert will be "off air" :thumb_yello:

second that

Just one final thought for those who are not going but are 'worried':shocked:

... Fans who were into this idea originally (including me) are all sober in real life and I guess they can all clearly differentiate between having fun on a forum and going wild in real life. :teehee:

I don't think anyone on Ticket Fairy's list would embarrass Mika any time any place, particularly in public.:wink2:

So, no need to worry, we are mature enough to know where to draw the line..:thumb_yello: