Flying Underwear at the iTunes gig on 31-07-09

sariflor

Ok, having slept on the idea, I am convinced that it's a good one, and I can't see the embarrassment anywhere.

This is a man who strips on stage, wears gigantic furry animal costumes, plays a dustbin and jumps and dances on his piano, wrestling his bandmates in the process.

At a gig in Dusseldorf in nov 07 he was thrown a bra, and he found it very funny. He proceeded to dangle it over the head of the security guy who was standing under the stage with his back to Mika, so he didn't notice, and Mika found it hilarious. Then he did some other silly thing with the bra, before carrying on with the gig.

At the Paris gig this summer lots of the Frenchies threw flowers on stage at a certain time, and nobody found that dangerous or embarrassing either. So I am not telling anyone what to do, obviously, far from it, it's a free world, but I will definitely be throwing my boxers on stage. Just not when it's on air :wink2:

Hey, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but can we get any follow-up on this? :biggrin2:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but can we get any follow-up on this? :biggrin2:

Oh, it was a massive fail :naughty: In the end we never managed to get an agreement on when to throw them, so I ended up throwing mine randomly and Mika picked them up and threw them on Martin.

Then after the gig I tried to give them to him but the cheeky sod said that they were horrible and refused to take them hahahah. I need to get to work now but there is video of him picking it up (Blame it On the Girls I think it was) under my youtube channel and also from the rejection moment.

http://www.youtube.com/saragiro

Oh, it was a massive fail :naughty: In the end we never managed to get an agreement on when to throw them, so I ended up throwing mine randomly and Mika picked them up and threw them on Martin.

Then after the gig I tried to give them to him but the cheeky sod said that they were horrible and refused to take them hahahah. I need to get to work now but there is video of him picking it up (Blame it On the Girls I think it was) under my youtube channel and also from the rejection moment.

I know I am :ot: but I strayed into your you tube and watched 'I want you back' from 07. I just LOVE watching Mika stuff from 07:wub2:

Oh, you brave, decadent woman, you!:mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

• 1 year later...
You can call me anything, I simply call myself a Mika fan :shun::mf_rosetinted:

...yes, I know it will be on tv, so I have already taken some time to think about what colour underwear it should be...:naughty:

... At first I thought maybe simple white ones would do but went to C&A I found some nice yellow, turquoise and claret ones with the word RELAX written on them:blush-anim-cl:

...Although I quite liked those, I went to H&M and sound some nice silky ones with different patterns like Bart Simpson, Superman, Batman, Sponge Bob and Snoopy...

.. So I was standing there thinking which one to choose and they started to play Relax.:shocked:.... I considered that as a sign, but was not sure what kind of sign it was :dunno:(whether I was supposed to go back and get the 'Relax' ones one choose from the ones in front of me...:blink:

..Typical me, I postponed decision till tomorrow as both stores are close to the office... Then on my way home I saw some nice tight pants with stars alll over it in a colourful design ...:mf_lustslow: kind of Mika type artwork...:teehee:... I still don't have the underwear for the big occasion, will wait till tomorrow.

PS: no, I am not on drugs :no:and it is all true, I promise

:biggrin2:

And this is how it all started....:roftl:

Oh, thanks for bumping this thread. Funny how short some people’s memory is and talk about the boxer shorts story as a ’present’ Mika rejected whilst in reality it was just a fun project that we stopped talking about as many didn’t get the humour in it. :dunno:

Basically, we were all talking about how the WAG video was inviting fans to throw underwear onstage for Mika (like many fans do for other stars), and when we were discussing what ’surprise’ to prepare for him for his first gig after the SFS tour and right after the release of the WAG video, underwear throwing seemed to be the obvious choice… :roftl: We were all just having fun, but some fans took it seriously and were afraid that we’d do it on the part that was broadcast live (:shocked: ) so conversation on this topic stopped on the forum but continued privately and we did not rule out bringing some underwear just in case…. :biggrin2:

So, on the day we had great fun with those boxer shorts in the queue: we were wearing them on top of our clothes, on our head and taking pics…etc. And decided to throw them onstage during the first song he’d play AFTER the live broadcast stopped. Needless to say, there was only one brave fan who had the courage to throw hers (the bright coloured Relax one) on stage and Mika, not knowing what it was, picked it up immediately….:roftl: He looked pretty confused when he saw what they were and threw them on Martin who was playing with those on his arm for a while before he managed to get them off….:lmfao:

I am not sure what the exact reason was about showing them again to Mika at the m&g probably clarification that they were not actually a male fan’s own but came from the regulars. He was shown both sides with the messages on it and he said they were horrible and that he did not want them…:roftl:.

I guess we would have all been surprised if he had said he liked them. In fact, I would have been worried. :naughty:

So, that is the story. And if you ask me what he thought of the Sara presenting it to him, I think the fact that he asked her to paint his balls a couple of months later says it all… :wink2:

Edited by suzie